MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

BM USA Tour

BM USA Tour (2) - Forums [Biker Match] BM USA Tour (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

BM USA Tour

hi Deb, thats exactly what i was thinkin when i saw the post, i am sure its worth keepin in mind eh!!!!!!!!!. what a trip that would be!

Update Reply
brummiepaul @ 07/09/2011 19:12  

I don't want to put a spoke in the wheels, but I read somewhere that Route66 isn't what it used tobe, in fact now total crap!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2011 19:22  

XK... Its what you make of it that counts... Maybe crap to some but awesome to others...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2011 21:16  

Just check it out, debs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2011 21:22  

I know what you're saying XK, but wouldn't you like to make up your own mind? . . . . I travel a lot, and as you say, route 66 HAS become the tourist trap I would usually avoid like the plague. BUT, with good company, nice bikes, and a variable agenda, it can be what you make it . . . . I have been to the states many times, but this sounds like it could be something different. I'm watching this thread with interest!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2011 21:30  

I'm with XK on this one. A bit like comparing Offas Dyke (which is is no longer a continuous single footpath) with the Pennine Way. No Contest. Some of the "regional" US routes are likely to be much more fun, value and breathtaking, especially in the SW (Arizona/Colorado/New Mexico), and coastal routes.

Done several long trip in cars there, sadly, not on bike yet. Can't help feeling Route 66 is much more of a "right of passage" these days rather than an exhilaration, interesting, scenic, adventurous road-trip.

Could be wrong though....?

Update Reply
desres @ 07/09/2011 22:08  

If you want my advice the Best of the West is the best tour u can go on period as it takes in everything u wanna see with out too many massive long straights of nothing.

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/09/2011 22:43  

I've considered route 66. Probably more cos of it's iconic status and xk is right that it's been changed and altered over the years. But places still exist and to grasp the scale of travelling from the older more 'established' states, and what an epic undertaking it was heading west like the settlers did...well, this is the one With some research of interesting places and being prepared to deviate a bit, this would be a awesome journey. e.g. the grand Canyon isn't on route 66 but it's easily do-able Also for those warblers among us there are opportunities for some fab sing songs: *Show me the way to amarillo *meet me in st Louise (oooey) *I was only 24 hours from Tulsa *ooo ooo ooo Oklahoma! *weeell, I'm standing on a corner in winslow Arizona...

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 07/09/2011 23:05  

how far does 300 squid get you .................lol

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 08/09/2011 01:20  

FBJ you can take your guitar and do some busking....I'll provide the vocals....I can just see you standing on a corner in winslow Arizona

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 08/09/2011 08:48  

I really wanted to do this next year. But that was before I read the price tag! So 2013 sounds good.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2011 14:14  

It is something that interests me, i like the grand Canyon , monument Vally route. I'm going back in 2015 to do Arizona to Sturgis & back again which is an amazing ride

Update Reply
GrmMrhd1 @ 12/09/2011 15:42  

It's on the telly... Billy Connolly's Route 66 Thurs 9.00pm ITV1 Part 1 of 4 Chicago to St Louis

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2011 10:22  

BUMP That's tonite, folks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2011 19:54  

Tonite Part 2 St Louis to Oklahoma City

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2011 10:32  

it was that good XK i fell asleep watching it, did any thing good happen

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/09/2011 23:41  

Minnie - you have to be 21 and have a full bike licence to hire a bike in the US but theres no minimum length of time required to have held that licence. You would also need to think about getting a visa.....especially if you have ever had any sort of "criminal" conviction no matter how long ago! Homeland Security are very very strict these days!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 24/09/2011 09:56  

Part 3 about to start.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/09/2011 20:57  

I did 42 states over 6 months in 2006 on my Bonny, independently. I can recommend Blue Ridge parkway, for a cheaper trip, biker campsites aplenty.
If anyone wants to pick whats left of my brain on any aspect - just message me.
Badger

Update Reply
MrBadger1 @ 05/10/2011 20:59  

42 states in 6 months? . . . . sounds great! I might just come back and pick your brain cell soon lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2011 22:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email