MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

BM USA Tour

BM USA Tour - Forums [Biker Match] BM USA Tour - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

BM USA Tour

In April I had a chat with Matt regarding doing a US BM tour as I have toured there and have friends in the business also.

My thoughts were to make the tour in 2013 and would allow time to get cash together for going as it is the ultimate bike trip. The first thing is, is it worth my taking time to put it together ?

I can get cheaper biker rentals and a tour guide but you will still look at maybe around 3k depending on length of time we do it. This would cover hotel, bike, Ins, spare bike, and guide with a van to carry luggage. You would still need to pay for fuel, food and flights as we would all fly from different airports I would of thought.

In terms of food and fuel it is very cheap in the US as I paid around 6$-8$ for a tank of fuel (£4 at the time). This will depend on the exchange rate but they pay way less for the fuel than we do.

There is two tours I thought would be ideal

The "Mother Road" Route 66 from Chicago to LA
2400 miles long from Chicago to Los Angeles, crosses three time zones and 8 States: Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California

or

The Wild West/Best of the West which starts and finishes in LA.

Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Yosemite, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco

I've not costed it out but can do cheaper for 7 days or the 3k is is 16 days of some of the best biking you can do EVER. I can also take as many as want to go so the more there is the cheaper I can make it. Also if you take a pillion then you can half the cost of fuel

Thoughts ????

Update Reply
madscots @ 06/09/2011 18:20  

First thought, wish i had £3k to burn!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 18:23  

Second, bloody double post lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 18:23  

Madscots, that sounds great. We were going to start saving for the Lions tours of Australia in 2013, but Im sure the Mrs would much prefer this. I'll keep a eye on this thread.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 18:31  

Sounds good,

Will defo keep an eye on this one ... we usually take a couple of hols over the year ... so maybe just one for 2013 ... Hint hint to Mr P

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/09/2011 18:48  

£3,000.00 + flights + fuel way out of my price range

Update Reply
JP @ 06/09/2011 19:09  

Ive never been to the states and to do it on a bike would be fantastic.. £3k does seem a lot but Ive never been on holiday abroad before so wouldn't know if it was a good deal or not..

I would want to go for the 16 days and do the Route 66.
It would be a once in a life time opportunity for me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 19:17  

I might just manage this - I got £3

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 19:20  

LOL @ XK

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/09/2011 19:38  

XK can I come pilion with you? I've got £1.50

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/09/2011 19:41  

No need to split the petrol money, Min. Just a cuppa and a sticky bun will suffice. (thinks *crafty XK, tea + bun > £ 1.50 he-he*)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 20:51  

The Wild West Tour has 2 nights in San Francisco and 2 nights in Las Vegas as part of the deal

Yes it's a lot of money but something this big won't be cheap but then again a lot of bikers don't even ride into the continent and that's £40 on a ferry.

Money isn't what stops some people it's just themselves but on the other hand an issue if you don't have it also.

Update Reply
madscots @ 06/09/2011 21:07  

3k is about right on price if anyone wants to compare it with the likes of "eaglerider" tours etc for the same rides hmm now where's that piggy bank gone.........................

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 06/09/2011 23:06  

Think I'd be up for this depending on dates and would have to be the ཾ'

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 06/09/2011 23:48  

would love to but alas a son at med school keeps my pockets empty lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/09/2011 09:24  

its surely one trip i am going to keep in my mind and give it some thought, the states and route 66 wow!! La,... Vegas.... sunshine!!! once in a lifetime trip........whats my bank managers number!!!

Update Reply
brummiepaul @ 07/09/2011 13:36  

does any one know the US regs e.g. how long you have to have held a full UK license before you can rent & ride a bike on US roads? Me and my two daughters are already planning a Las vegas based trip with a loop taking in the grand canyon, Bryce canyon, monument valley, then travel to west coast via Death Valley and zabriskie point...wow My daughter is planning to hire a mustang convertable lol and now a little plan is fermenting here....this could also be my support vehicle....hmm better start practicing warbling my iconic desert wheels songs

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 07/09/2011 14:46  

ooooh blimey, I could buy a proper cowboy hat!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 07/09/2011 15:06  

Minnie the Minx
ooooh blimey, I could buy a proper cowboy hat!

What i did

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/09/2011 16:50  

Paul, Thats what Im thinking... It will be a once in a life time trip.... When I weigh up how much I have saved over the years by not going on holiday, I recon I can push the boat out as I wont get an opportunity like this again.. To do route 66 on a bike and with friends would be awesome...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2011 18:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email