MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Come to my rescue with help advice

Come to my rescue with help advice - Forums [Biker Match] Come to my rescue with help advice - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Come to my rescue with help advice

Well ive gone found myself a bike, she is a beauty but only problem is I need to get her back from York!!!!
Now I could throw myself in the deep end just jump on ride her home but not done geared bike ............ok stop laughing I am crazy enough to do it but im considering other road users been sensible or if some one knows or has van or trailer to help me go pick her up id be ever so greatful and pay for petrol etc

Thanks sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2011 13:52  

Hi Sal, love to help you out but the only way I can get a bike in my van is on its side!!!!!
Do you drive ? if so hire a van and get a couple of burley mates help you put it in the back. You should be able to do for about £50. Sorry I can't help you more.

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 01/09/2011 15:10  

could someone not ride it back for you? as long as its got road tax, most insurances allow riding another bike with 3rd party cover!

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 01/09/2011 15:43  

Hi Ian thanks for replying I can drive and thinking option of some one riding it back for me only trouble no mot or tax so really need a van or insure it then straight to garage for its mot to cover it been rode home.

Bobby thats one option as ive said above needs mot tax if not best option all way round be van or to pay for them bike collectors to deliver it to me.

thanks sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2011 16:27  

book it in for an MOT(afternoon) near your home, then you or someone who is insured ride it back in the morning.

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 01/09/2011 16:48  

Be careful about last post. The law states riding to nearest MOT station not 50 miles.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 01/09/2011 17:32  

Harry I would not have posted it, if there was distance limit! I am surprised there isn't. The DVLA website states;"Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test:You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station as long as you have adequate insurance cover in place for the use of that vehicle.This is also for vehicles being driven to and from a pre-arranged test at a Vehicle Inspection Check (VIC) test station, an approved weight testing station and reduced pollution test."

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 01/09/2011 18:12  

Just wanted to say, you're not the only one to buy a geared bike having never ridden one before. I passed my CBT on a moped then went a bought a CBF125!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 01/09/2011 21:40  

Wish I could help Sal but its just a bit too far to travel - sorry !!

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 01/09/2011 21:44  

Good luck Sal......you've been looking forward to this so hope it all works out OK

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 01/09/2011 22:11  

Thanks peeps have now sorted it out and a friends friend going to pick bike up with me also give it the once over as he delt with bikes for years,so thats a peace of mind too for me.

Indeed ive been waiting a long time and didnt think the bike would happen this year with mi elders kicking off but hey what they dont know wont hurt um so ill be Ms stig on 2 wheels

thanks again sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2011 22:28  

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 01/09/2011 23:19  

me too me and geordielass were chatting to a couple of bikers at devil's bridge last week. They said they'd never come across women riders before.....we said, just you wait cos sisters are doing it for themselves!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/09/2011 00:10  

hi Sal, if plan a falls through (sorry only read this tonight) i have use of a trailer (which collected last 2 bikes on) any time i need from my mate recovery buisness, and happily tow it with my van (this latest one is too small for a bike unfortunatly) and live not a million miles from york, so no big issue travel wise. obv work permitting!! mark.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 02/09/2011 00:24  

You know what this site rocks.........peoples kindness friendliness advice they offer is a credit to each individual,so glad I found this place as ive made so many dam good friends and just know they going to be a hell of a lot more too.

Mark thanks for the offer have PM you.
HRC heres to rides outs lass
Minx deffo ^5 to the sisters

sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 11:23  

Dont be a wimp . . . Push it home . Being a woman you can use the same muscles that you use for loading the washing machine .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 11:33  

katooom what do u no adout washing machines
we only load them so we can sit on them

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/09/2011 11:36  

I know some things . . . You get more foreplay if you use the linen setting .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 11:48  

lmao thanks ill try that

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/09/2011 11:57  

I've ridden a bike 130 miles to a "friendly" MOT guy without a problem. I did get stopped but told them that he was someone I could trust not to rip me off. They were fine with that as the booking was on the computer (and to be honest, it helps if the bike looks in good shape anyway I suppose)

Update Reply
westwood @ 02/09/2011 12:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email