MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What s a biker?

What s a biker? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] What s a biker? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What s a biker?

A punkbiker...in Surrey Does your mother know?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2011 18:08  

sounds like a song

Update Reply
kaycat @ 01/08/2011 20:30  

shhhhhhhh !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2011 21:39  

A biker, in my opinion, loves engines, loves bends and loves speed.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2011 23:48  

You’re right Kaycat it is a song. One that BJ knows??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 10:27  

In my opinion it's just someone that enjoys riding on two wheels,simple's. Have to say though don't like being branded but it's no big problem.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 10:33  

@ justme - totally agree. I would also say that anyone who rides a bike just for pose value doesn't really understand them imo :) x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 13:11  

I've loved bikes since I was big enough to toddle into dads garage and 'help' him do whatever he did with his bikes - no dollies 'n prams for me!
I first rode solo when I was 12, just loving the total freedom that came with it.
Now, if I don't ride for any length of time I get a yearning and I've just gotta go do it!
So yep, I'm a biker and wouldn't want to be otherwise.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 18:37  

when i was a lad i used to ride my bike all the time. i knew and could recognise all the bikes around then. i did all my own repairs. i went to the races. thats a biker. now i go out on the bike now and then. i cant be bothered doing repairs, i'd rather pay someone else to do it. i dont really know much about other bikes. i certainly would'nt call myself a biker, maybe just a part timer. mind you ive kept this one 3 years and ive been out on it more this year than other years. maybe its growing on me, maybe it takes years to become a biker

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 22:00  

For me its enjoying the freedom of two wheels and opening up the throttle and hearing your engine scream!!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee After a day in work theres nothing quite like seeing your bike waiting there and as soon as you turn on the engine all the days hassles just vanish

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 22:15  

Not even a problem is it really, bike=motorbike, biker someone who rides a bike,to what extent you choose to live to that tag or whatever is up to you

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 02/08/2011 22:18  

mmm lots of thing being sead adout bikes bikers wonder if it the same when the snow and cold wether hits
do u need a bike license to be a biker or not ???

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/08/2011 22:20  

Nope Kay cat Just a sense of humour and a good set of winter thermals and waterproofs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 22:39  

I like winter riding best . There is less bikes jamming up the gaps in London traffic giving me a free run down th middle of the A4 )))

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2011 22:57  

AAH, London! Isnt that the Car park at the end of the A5?

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 06/08/2011 20:21  

Somebody told me recently that, in their opinion, only outlaws and HA were true bikers. Still scratching my head on that one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2011 09:47  

i think that would just make them outlaw bikers nothing more! to me a biker is someone who rides a motorcycle! to be a biker when not on a bike, is to have have certain aspects of bikes in your life! i have been to races, rallies, shows and have books and vids of bikes!

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 07/08/2011 12:18  

Everybody has a different definition of what it is to be a biker, doesn't mean someone has the true definition or is more right than others, it's what you make of it.

Some are indeed real snobs and call you a week-end warrior if you don't go to rallies or haven't been part of an MC.

Liking racing or knowing everything about bikes or mechanics doesn't make you a biker either in my view.

To me, a biker is someone who rides their bikes for their own pleasure and/or necessity and not to show off, like Sunday power rangers....

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 07/08/2011 12:40  

a biker is who you are its a life style.

Update Reply
xv1700 @ 07/08/2011 13:33  

A biker is harder to catagorize these days, like someone said back in the old days it was denim cut downs and DM's on big CC naked bruisers, These days a lot of us who grew up on those old naked bikes (me included) ride sports bikes, am i a biker well i guess yes !! I ride a bike so by that i'm a biker I also like heavy rock music, but don't have long hair (any more) am i a rocker.... well i guess i am Who knows any more, we are who we are i guess !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2011 20:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email