MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What s a biker?

What s a biker? - Forums [Biker Match] What s a biker? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What s a biker?

What is a biker? Is it a state of mind?

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 31/07/2011 10:21  

If you've never climbed a mountain, no matter what your state of mind, you cannot call yourself a mountaineer. If you can't swim, and although you are in love with the swimming world, you can't say you are a swimmer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 11:29  

Somebody who rides/pillions a bike on a regular basis and is part of the biking community,

Somebody who thoroughly enjoys the thrill of the open road and being in the company of like minded people.

xx Boody

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 31/07/2011 11:58  

ermmmm......can scooterboy comment.......maybe I shud shut up and get a proper bike lol lol lol lol

Update Reply
Scooterboy @ 31/07/2011 12:22  

what scoot sied

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/07/2011 13:25  

I have ridden bikes since I was 9 yo . I passed my bike test 4 years before I even bothered to get my car licence . I currently own 3 bikes but have no car .I ride everywhere, it is my number 1 form of transport, it always has been and always will be . Despite this I am not a biker never have been never will be and do not want to be .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 16:55  

So what's your definition of a biker, Katooom?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 18:24  

I really don't know what a biker is XKLYBR . But I know what not being one is . I am just a person who uses bikes as transport as a means to an end .I have no idea who won any motorcycle race in the last 36 years I have no interest .But I did ride in competative trials as a kid . I do not know what the latest hot poop bike is . But I genrally buy from smaller manufacturers like KTM and Aprilia .I see many bikes in London and do not know who or what they all are ... But I could fix or repair any problem on any of them with the the correct tools . I require not badges nor lableing or being pidgeon holed into a section of society by the transport I use .
In a fultile attempt at an answer....... I think maybe a biker could be someone who over inflates motorcycle culture into something far grander than just transport ? Maybe it is the people who do set themself apart from others just from something they do at the weekend ? Perhaps "bikers" are the snobs of the motorised vehicular world ?? Maybe someone who buys MCN or the glossy mags and watches bike racing on the telly but does not own a bike is more "biker" than me ? But really I do not know .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 18:53  

Don't think its a state of mind, it's in your heart and soul, a part of your very being, runs through your veins, a lifestyle choice!!!!
As you will all know, when you ride you and your bike become one, a feeling hard to find in any other area of life (apart from the obvious of course!!)

Update Reply
wenders @ 31/07/2011 18:59  

Katooom aka No.6 "I am not a biker, I am a free man!"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 19:06  

katooom
y are u on a biker dating site if u think bikers /motecyclests if u do not want to be classed as none of them ???? just interested is all im nosie

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/07/2011 19:27  

Well Kaycat I ended up here as it was advertised on my usual euro bike forum and just tawt I would have a look .I do enjoy a good forum be it about science, finance ,politics or cheese. I can happily annoy and argue on any subject )))

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 19:39  

lol cool lol well sorry but that sound like so meny bikers i no

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/07/2011 19:40  

We want...information.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 19:41  

who from xl hun x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/07/2011 19:43  

I am not a biker .... I have bikes ... dammit you bloody bikers always trying to capture the unwary in to your cult .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 19:46  

i like pets kat

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/07/2011 19:46  

if folk like lables, and are happy to be called "biker" then i guess they are one? if some folk do not like lables then so what? i`m for the call it like you see it gang, (by the way i cut the lables out of stuff) being judged by what you do, like, or look like, they have a word for that don`t they?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 31/07/2011 19:46  

Information information information

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 19:48  

TMI!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 20:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email