MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What s a biker?

What s a biker? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What s a biker? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What s a biker?

do we have to stand in formation?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 31/07/2011 20:28  

If You ride a bike, then you my son are a biker!! when you drive a car, you are a motorist! Biker is just an abbreviation of motorcyclist! END OF!!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 31/07/2011 22:12  

So The Dark One ... you are only a Biker when you are actually on the bike ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 22:19  

Have to say that your still a biker even when you're off the bike too ant that its all part of the lifestyle ant the way you think

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 31/07/2011 22:26  

i'm just me - been into bikes for over 30 years and passed my test aged 18. (9 years before car test!) i love watching racing but dont think thats makes me any more of a biker. i think a biker is someone who gets actual pleasure from travelling on a bike for its own sake, rather than just as a method of getting from A to B.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 22:42  

What is the lifestyle that makes a biker ? Are bikes a lifestyle choice ? Gads that sounds so new age I would put that into the hippy boat,, as we are pidgeon packing . I have never in my near 3 decades of riding felt it was a lifestyle .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 22:46  

So kaycat you keep pets? Does that mean your a petter !! So is there a difference between a biker and a motorcyclist???

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 31/07/2011 22:47  

Hey thats a thought Potnoodles .. I own a russian army helmet this could end up with me being press ganged into service ((( Or worse I own a lawnmower does this make me an Alan tittymarsh type garderner even if I dont use it very often .. certainly not as often as it should be used ))

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 22:53  

In modern times personally speaking, I don’t really believe there is actually a terminology; biker. When someone mentions or I read the word biker, I’m thinking it was once used to label/describe people before the 1990's etc. And in those past times I had thought ‘bikers’ were (hope not to get in hot water here) the kind people who generally wore denim cut-offs on top of a leather jacket, “claimed” whatever road they were on, drank copious amounts of beer and listened to (literally) mind blowing music! The above doesn’t go on these days in our mental 24/7 society? Or maybe I should get out more. Rare but what I see today are the ones still from the above era described, but only with the custom bikes or trikes. No, present times it’s a much smarter image with modern bikes, many fully faired, smart textile clothing and leathers that you would associate with the track. IMHO the word biker is a label from a bygone era. But what do I know with less than 3 years on the road and yet to go to a rally?!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 22:57  

But does your lawnmower have tassles on the bar ends? Can't be a proper gardener otherwise. Oh, and u must be able to pull a wheelie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 23:00  

i have a cut off and a lether jacket

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/07/2011 23:02  

Ronaldo I have 20 years on the road and have never been to a rally don't worry about that meaning you can not comment its not stopping me haha . I live 15 mins from the Ace Cafe and have done for 10 years and have been there only once, the coffee and food was shit,, so I will stick to Pret and Republic .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 23:08  

@XK tassles on the bar ends? XK, you’re hardcore!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 23:08  

I am a biker, and proud of it!
Been at it since a teenager, and ever since. Not always had a bike, there's been the odd year or so when i didn't have one due to kids and expense etc, but i think that if it's in your blood, then it'll always be there. Call it something that stirs the soul, makes you feel alive, part of a group, or just to be rebellious to be different from your average joe.
I personally wouldn't want to live life without it! Take two wheels away from me, and i wouldn't be the same person, and would do whatever i could to get back on em!
It's not my whole world, but it makes me who i am, and at the mo, i'm more than happy with that! I'm not a die hard sports biker, yes, i love my sunday morning blasts, but i just love being on two wheels of any sort, preferably under power rather than my two legs, but done plenty of time on mountain bikes and bmx's too lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 23:12  

Is it possible to wheelie a hovermower ? It has no wheels this may be a fundamental flaw in preforming wheelies .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 23:13  

Once an alchoholic, always an alchoholic! Once you've ridden a bike and continue to do so you're a biker! Seriously though BTW what is your reason for not wanting to be called a biker?

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 31/07/2011 23:14  

I just don't see what makes me a "biker" . Just because I happen to own something does not mean I am part of a group denomination race movment cult etc . I have a catholic cross and a buddah but I do not beleive in eithers religion I aint catholic and I aint Buddist .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2011 23:21  

Is being rock n roll like being a biker?????

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 31/07/2011 23:36  

check this out:
www.i'mnotabiker.com note; other not biker websites may be available xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2011 00:59  

i ride a bike and don't mind being called a biker, in the same way that even though i'm in my 40's i still class myself as a punk and always will , i love bikes and i love music, biker - punk, whatever , it's all the same if you like it enough really , but that's just me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2011 13:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email