MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Would you be happy if you paid for this?

Would you be happy if you paid for this? - Forums [Biker Match] Would you be happy if you paid for this? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Would you be happy if you paid for this?

The guy that did this to my bike charged me £567, he is called Rob.b and has a not declared business called RB Motorcycles in Blackpool. Be aware and don't let this happen to your bike. The link will take you to flicker where I have put the pictures for viewing, the more people see this the better. I am so upset I can't even begin to describe how much. I can't afford to have it re-done (again) and he wont refund the cost. Please leave comments I would like your honest opinions.http://www.flickr.com/photos/givenc...08/ Ann-marie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 16:52  

Just had a filck though the pic looks shit and been done by a tosser sorry for being blunt Go see a solictor NOW take him to court and sue the w****er lookes like he painted it outside in the rain or you could go see a few mates if you know what i mean A well worded e-mail and pics to mcn for there paper may help

Update Reply
JP @ 14/07/2011 17:00  

Oh dear. Even if he's not a Limited/declared business, I would seek advice from CAB and they'll point you in the right direction to perhaps recovering some, if not all, of your money. Maybe inform the Inland Revenue of this mans "business" - they might be interested to hear that he's trading as a business and maybe he should be declaring some of the income from it.....

I'm gutted for you x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 17:01  

Thats not all of it, it has disabled my account on FYLDEBIKEMEET and he is making me out to be a liar with the bikers in St.Annes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 17:03  

Well take your bike along and show the bikers what he calls a good job think he will lose alot of work very fast

Update Reply
JP @ 14/07/2011 17:07  

Not nice to read. So sorry. I would advise him of a lawyer and your local newspaper.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 17:08  

put an add in the local paper asking local bikers to come and have a look at your bike and let them see for themselves,,,,what a have a ride around with a mate to local biker places and tell as many people as you can who made the mess and where he is !!!!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 14/07/2011 17:29  

What a t**t, im afraid id have to take 10 big men with me and get him beaten up..............sorry, but he deserves it

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 14/07/2011 17:37  

Ann Marie Thats disgusting, johnny aged 5 could have done a better job. Really feel for you. I'm sure like the guy's have said already name & shame him to the tax man and deffo on MCN it's got a wider audience. I'm fairly sure you've got a case through the small claims court.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 14/07/2011 17:38  

If u r a MAG member, show them yr bike next Weds at Uncle Tom's Cabin, Queen's Promenade, Blackpool (7.30pm). Even if not a member (and why not?), they could still put the word out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 17:52  

JM101, do you have any photos of the bike before he worked on it? If you do then you should be in a pretty good position for a claim.

Also, has he given you a receipt detailing what he has done? Again, this would be very good evidence.

As JP says, you need to speak to a solicitor straight away.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 14/07/2011 17:52  

I can't ride the bike anywhere now, just set off for a ride out and it cut dead. Not happy It's not the battery or petrol. That's two lots of bad news in two days awaiting number three now.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 17:56  

Sale and supply of goods and services act,it covers just about everything,it lets them know your serious,even if they do ignore it,youve gone down the correct road to keep yourself right.I used it to good effect after a crap "professional"paint job and others things,usually 3 choices for you,put back to the condition before the work, full refund or redone how it was origionally agreed to be.Write the tosser a letter stating everything that was agreed at the start,price,and what if any communication was made regarding the job and the end results and why you want it redone or whatever you choose.Give a week to respond (cab usually say 2 weeks) but with that mess just go for it,give a week, asking for a formal reply,then hand it over to cab,they love owt like that,give them a call before hand if you need to be sure yourself,Good luck,(Shhhh you could always burn his shop down)ooops did i say burn?I meant go down to his shop and have a word in his shell like,with other like minded souls.;-)

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 14/07/2011 18:16  

personally, i would not want to drag this through the forums just now. that will not help you and will get his back up, as it seems to have done. you need to take the moral high ground and be professional about it, so think twice before slagging him off just now.

get in touch with your CAB as Tiggatiny says because fxr is right, you have the sale of goods and services act on your side.

it does not look pretty, nor particularly safe. really hope you manage to get it resolved.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 20:19  

Definitely get in touch with the CAB JM. I'm a trainee adviser with the CAB and they have access to all the accurate info re: sale of goods act etc. They will tell you about the steps you can try before the small claims court, which is the final option, whether you have a case, the costs involved and how to go about it if that's what you decide to do. They will also write a stonking good letter on your behalf and it's amazing the effect of a letter outlining their responsibilities in the nicest possible way, and on headed paper can have

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 14/07/2011 20:39  

I have to agree hon CAB, no matter what he is trading & as such could be covered by Public liability insurance, Motor Trade or maybe Motor trade combined insurance, all of these you will be able to make a claim against for the shoddy work he has done.

If he has damaged your bike whilst having it this would also be covered under said policies,

To be trading without these insurances is a VERY risky business as it leaves you wide open to lose an awful lot. knew working for an insurance co would come in handy lol ... just not so soon

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/07/2011 21:00  

How anyone could do that to someones pride and joy, worth £500 or £10000 it just makes you sick,get to a solicitors asap thats a disgrace x

Update Reply
kwak72 @ 14/07/2011 21:18  

Got to agree with DumfriesDik on this one. Be careful what is said in forums as personal attacks on the ***** can be used in any defence he has. You have been given sound advice by others too re CAB to begin with. Small claims can be risky as you could end up paying more in fees than you get, even with a seemingly clear cut case like this. CAB will give you your options, backed with sound legal advice. I really hope you get this sorted, and the 'Tradesman' is stopped from inflicting this on anybody else! Good luck.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2011 22:08  

Paint finish looks like it has had poor preparation as it appears to have 'silicone reaction',I used to work at a car supermarket preparation centre and it happened every now and then,acrylic paint reacts with silicone residues from polish etc and bubbles up like in your pics-only cure is to paint it again! If he was a professional automotive painter I suspect he would know this. Good luck sorting it all out.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 14/07/2011 23:22  

His names not Steve Young is it?

Update Reply
vinnie @ 15/07/2011 08:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email