MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Is the bike rally dead?

Is the bike rally dead? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Is the bike rally dead? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Is the bike rally dead?

I think no one minds the sick lame and injured and old coming by car if they have no other choice as long as they are bikers......

...... but what has happened over the years is rallys saying yes to cars for the said bikers then the festival chavs turn up in the cars or the so called bikers that never seem to go on a bike ... it generally pisses most of us off.....simple bike rally for bikers ..... festival for the rest... but with the rally organisers fully into 'don't give a toss' as long as they are raking it in, it will be the a slow demise of the traditional bike rally for bikers that we all love, that a lot of us grew into biking for with the attitudes and fun that comes with the bikers mindset and ethos....a dying breed I think.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 02:12  

...aye my backside STILL remembers that "playful slap" !!! I can't really comment on the state of Bike Rally's as I've only been to a few...Farmyard once, You're welcome twice & the BOF rally once...all of em (from what I remember) attended by Bikers (whether in cars or on bikes)...don't remember seeing any people there that were chavs or 'festival goers'...however alcohol may have blurred my vision **ahem**

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/06/2011 07:58  

Am no scared of Big Ned .......too much ........ get's trainers on to run quicker .. roflmao xx I luv's ya really Big Ned

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 08:00  

I admit I went to the FYP in a car once, parked in the village and my (then boyfriend) came and pillied me in... I felt akward about the idea, but didn't feel quite so bad when the transit van that pulled up next to us, had two sports bikes in and a couple of power rangers who wheeled their bikes out, put their panniers on...and rode the 1/2 mile to the entrance! That same year (2008) me and my fella had done about 15 rallies, from John O'Groats to Southern Ireland and lots of ones inbetween, all of them on a bike..fully laden with camping gear, it just so happened the logistics of the FYP meant he couldn't come and get me ( he was fae Fife and I'm in Yorkshire) and I had no bike at the time. Also in 2008 we were at ITV and there was a speight of thefts from tents, carried out by local 'non-bikers' .. who i beleive were caught and dealt with appropriately. I agree BIKE rallies should be for BIKES only, but in some cases, Bikers or Bike riders simply can't get there on 2 or 3 wheels, injury/no bike/disabled etc or whatever reason.. but as long as they have a passion for bikes and the biker's lifestyle we shouldn't condemn them.... *just my two penneth worth*

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/06/2011 08:25  

my trike is a unicycle atm. the wifes bike is in a real need of a service as it keeps cutting out and stalling. ( ebay sh*t ) so she is using my bike , which means i got to use the car to get to rallies ............ and as long as people enjoy rallies DOES IT MATTER ???

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 23/06/2011 08:37  

what does p me off is camping was a cheap mans holiday ,,,, and pepole turn up with state of the art mini vans . caravans 20 man tents with marques and cookers, fridges, sinks, televisions, dvds, loungers, bikini clad girls in hammocks, (oooooooooooo did i put that) footballs, goal posts, 20 kids, making a racket before noon, cooking bacon before i open one eye (at noon) and ???? 2 B cont....

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 23/06/2011 08:46  

Mm you have not seen boss moms small tent then

Update Reply
JP @ 23/06/2011 10:27  

yeah have to admit the noisy beeeeeatch who was flirting her head off laughing at the top of her squeeky head grating voice at 4 am on Sunday morning was not my most favourite person lol.......bet she came in a car pmsl

Naw no ones bothered about the bikers who come in a car/ walk in for tempory reasons...but the look at me I'm a biker (but I always arrive in a car)....and never has, will, or has any intention to have a bike or be a dedicated pillion can go amuse there themselves else where (go forth and multiply)

....if you really really want a bike...you will do it! no matter what!... its like a deep seated feeling and those that know what I'm talking about there needs no explanation......those that don't, well...enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 11:46  

I think you'll find you bought that tent Mr Man, so it is YOUR small tent!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 16:51  

Im just the lodger not the landlady

Update Reply
JP @ 23/06/2011 20:05  

HOI YOU WHAT U MEAN I,M NOT ALOUD AT RALLIES i know ur from fife but i thought us yetis were meant to stick together!! now formulating revenge on miss starstaff !!!!

Update Reply
bigned @ 23/06/2011 21:24  

eeeeeeekkkkkk .... try's to fit yellow pages down back of trousers ... lol xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 21:40  

let me throw this in the pot, aimed at the no bike no rally argument

ever since i started riding bikes, 20 years of riding my bike to rallies , 99% of my close mates ride to rallies every weekend, what if my bike drops a bollock,have to Drive, train , hitch my way there to party with my mukkers, ,
would you turn me away

I not on bike, but all my club members are ? ? ? ?

Update Reply
marsey @ 24/06/2011 03:13  

would't one take you on there pilly, if not you ought to drop 99% of them

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/06/2011 03:27  

Err no bill, no hairs splinting, you on gate and know me as biker ( rally ) i cannot ride my bike there, turn up on gate, youn gonna turn me away, cos not on bike honest now .

Update Reply
marsey @ 24/06/2011 03:41  

Do apologise for the drunk grammar, but fin work for a long weekend

Update Reply
marsey @ 24/06/2011 03:45  

If i new you were a biker i'd find a bike to bring you in, if you were injured you'd be let in anyway

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/06/2011 03:48  

Cheers bill but i might not be able to ride on the bike to come in,

still gonna turn me away,

Update Reply
marsey @ 24/06/2011 04:09  

Think you will have to exept that all rallys are run to make money that's it

Update Reply
JP @ 24/06/2011 06:23  

All rules can be bent somewhat depending on cirumstance :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/06/2011 09:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email