MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New name for BikerMatch

New name for BikerMatch (3) - Forums [Biker Match] New name for BikerMatch (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New name for BikerMatch

LOL DOH !!

I Meant ... keep the BM & have it as Biker Match , Biker Meets duuurrrr !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/06/2011 16:08  

BM

Update Reply
witchiest @ 10/06/2011 17:22  

Biker Match sounds like Strike a Match so kinda sticks in your head.

well there u go matt do a match striking with the smoke spelling biker

Update Reply
kaycat @ 10/06/2011 17:42  

"Handbags at Dawn" just to keep in line with recent topics

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 17:48  

LOL Craig .....

Update Reply
jabecs @ 10/06/2011 18:24  

haha Craig, :-D Cat, can you scribble that on paper, scan and email to me? I'm useless at graphics really

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/06/2011 18:26  

How about jumpning on the current trends with Bikers R Us or i Bikers but i think my favourite would be Bikers U Meet or BUM For Short !

Update Reply
Eltel @ 10/06/2011 18:33  

Trust Craig! Very good mate.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 10/06/2011 18:36  

Just a thought...What made us initially join the site? I for one, was looking for a dating site but stayed because in reality the site is so much more.So the new logo/name must reflect what got us all here in the first place! Re the bikermatch clothing...I only wear mine at BM meets/rallies and cos its a vest it only comes out when its hot!! lol

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 10/06/2011 18:39  

Sorry guys but this IS a dating site. As Alice just said that's why most join.

I don't mean "most" as in those who post, but the thousands and thousands of people around the world, so Matt tells us.

The people who post on here are a very very very small % of the membership. Just look at the karma stats for example there's usually a good few in there who don't post in the forum or go in chat room .... why I'm guessing because they are PM'ing cos its a dating site.

Name .... Biker Mates, no need to change the initials or does that sound too much like condoms???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 18:51  

What about Facebike??? No? I'll get me coat lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 20:18  

Whilst I do feel mildly embarrassed admitting that this site is my biker club of choice, I have also to admit shadow and Alice are right. Most bike clubs have macho names that would put most mild-mannered folk off, and you simply wouldn't get the gender mix you do here, probably.

I'm sure you must be able to have a "club" primary domain name, yet still host BikerMatch as a "domain alias" to pull in those looking for lurrrvvee...

That solves both problems. Gives you a club name you can tell your mates (and hells angels in the beer tent) about, also advertisers that won't get involved with dating sites. Yet you can still pull people in as BikerMatch (too).

You (Matt) may wan't to vary the initial landing page for each to maintain the illusion, and to prevent Google penalising your current rankings for duplicate content, but i reckon you could pull it off. 1000's do!

Update Reply
desres @ 10/06/2011 20:38  

Problem with having a real name and an alias is that you then lose the identity. Some folks are also easily confused (trust me lol). You're right about Google too. We'd be splitting our incoming links giving each site half the weighting, then risk an outright ban if Google picks up it's a duplicate site. That would destroy the site in fact! Google etc are so important to us. biker mates... does keep the initials but i don't like the sound of "mates". Just makes me think of animals having sex lol, or is it just me? :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/06/2011 02:57  

whats wrong with just BIKERS.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2011 03:52  

condoms fax?...sounds like testicles to me.....are yours swollen?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2011 05:05  

Bus... the name has to be available.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/06/2011 10:29  

I don't think changing the name to 'Available' quite promotes the right image.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2011 13:22  

haha fool.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/06/2011 13:29  

No Matt ..... it is just you, but then again you live in the sex capital of the world, what else could we expect !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2011 14:24  

How about leaving the name as it is ... and just changing the design on the merchandice.

Just have the BM in large print on left hand side with minature bike and trike underneath and then in half circle under them "For Bikers By Bikers"

Then if folks want their names on it can either go on the back or on front on otherside or even underneath the BM slogan.

Just a thought and no I cant draw it out

Update Reply
jabecs @ 11/06/2011 17:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email