MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New name for BikerMatch

New name for BikerMatch - Forums [Biker Match] New name for BikerMatch - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New name for BikerMatch

Can anyone recommend a good new name for BikerMatch? Most people know that the existing name really doesn't reflect what the site is all about anymore. What once started off as a dating site has fast become a great social and events management platform for UK bikers. We need a new name, one that people aren't going to be embarassed about advertising on T-shirts. One that says how friendly we are here and what we have to offer. The name must be short and sweet too, not to mention available. I'll give a year's membership to the person who comes up with the best name (if we switch to it). Thanks Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2011 22:25  

Bikerbuddies

Update Reply
loving it @ 09/06/2011 23:09  

Do we get re-prints of our hoodies and t-shirts then

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 09/06/2011 23:13  

BikerMates...we'd still be BM, and mates has2 meanings!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 09/06/2011 23:19  

It would need to have the same initials then - Biker Mates! hmmm maybe not!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 23:20  

arrrgghhh you beat me to it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 23:25  

hee hee :>>

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 09/06/2011 23:28  

BikerLinks....superimposed over a picture of a chain

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 09/06/2011 23:30  

"On Two Wheels "

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 23:32  

I guess I'll wait until the majority decide on a name and then agree to it.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/06/2011 23:40  

Ian.. 'On Two Wheels' i think that's already used somewhere... can't remember, but I've seen it somewhere.. We have to think about copyright.

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/06/2011 23:44  

used to be a bike mag, but its not used anymore !!!plus if you google it on2wheels comes up.... but not On Two Wheels ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 23:47  

Biker Mukkas .....

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 09/06/2011 23:47  

BikerMatt (just gotta be worth a free sub)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 23:51  

mikerbatt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 23:55  

I don't know the stats but I'm guessing that the forum regulars are only a tiny % of the overall members? If that's right then I'd be asking yourself what the rest of the members are using the site for. As a dating site, BM has found a niche. As a social site it has a lot of competition from lower cost and free sites/clubs etc. I'd be wary of distancing yourself from the dating side, if that's where the bread and butter still lies.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 09/06/2011 23:56  

aaaah good point. Suppose if most people come here originally for dating then find it's far more than that then it's a good thing. On the other hand some companies wont even advertise on BM because they don't wanna be "associated with a dating site". MCI Tours that was when Geoff was trying to set up a possibly great partnership that would have helped MCI and BM massively. Still think MCI are foolish not jumping at the chance to work with the biggest biker social site in the UK!

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/06/2011 00:09  

"All Bikers"

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 10/06/2011 00:25  

Matt!! *slap* lol I did suggest to you to find a new name BEFORE hoodies and the like were decided on? Those who have paid for their clobber will be a bit miffed it now may be redundant so perhaps, as a good will gesture, a discount for those members when they purchase merchandise with the new name? However I think it may be a non-starter cos folk may be reluctant to buy anything in anticipation that the name may be changed again. Unless you put it in writing on the site that the name will not be changed for at least 2 years, if at all? (It's good quality clobber, it'll take that long to wear out if at all) How about 'BeeEmmers'? as that is already what a lot of people use when talking about other members. We could say it means BMers as in Biker Mates when asked what it means, it could encourage non-members to approach us to ask what it means and possibly lead to new members? Ok, I'll get me coat. IMHO We shouldn't have anything that states TWO wheels as some of the members ride TRIKES. Having the same initials won't help with the merchandise already purchased, as that states BikerMatch not BM. I can't say I've seen anyone other than Karey, and myself, wearing clothing with BikerMatch on it but then the most active members are based in the Midlands I think. Maybe they could elaborate on that one? I'm with Geoff's suggestion, except that I'll probably DISAGREE with the majority, well...why change the habit of a life-time

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/06/2011 01:21  

Biker Meets..don't know if already used

Update Reply
bkr @ 10/06/2011 07:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email