MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

WARNING!! Dbest aka Kelvin John: SCAMMER

WARNING!! Dbest aka Kelvin John: SCAMMER - Forums [Biker Match] WARNING!! Dbest aka Kelvin John: SCAMMER - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

WARNING!! Dbest aka Kelvin John: SCAMMER

I emailed Dbest (chatter in biker match chat room) we chatted about my bike, he said he was interested, tho, at the time of chatting my alarm bells were ringing, something didn’t seem right. (slim aka Scooby Doo knows what I'm talking about) The following email that passed back and forth will explain. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> I emailed Dbest the pics and a very detailed list of the condition of bike<o:p></o:p> ----Original Message Follows---- From: kelvin John <JOHN_KELVIN1980@YAHOO.CO.UK> <o:p> </o:p> Subject: INTERESTED Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 01:08:43 +0100 (BST) <o:p> </o:p> Hello, This is Mr John kelvin the reason why i mailed you was that i saw your messeage that you want to sell your bike and i have read the details in my mail box but i want to confirm these again. <o:p> </o:p> please if is still available kindly tell me and give answer to the following questions. <o:p> </o:p> 1.the current condition[tell if negotiable] 2.your asking price 3.your phone number 4 payment through a cheque. <o:p> </o:p> Best regards J.KELVIN <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> My reply: <o:p></o:p> 1 the details I sent tell you this<o:p></o:p> 2 the details I sent tell you this<o:p></o:p> 3 if you want to view the bike let me know by email<o:p></o:p> 4 payment by cash or pay pal <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> ----Original Message Follows----From: Johnjohn_kelvin1980....uk> Subject: RE: INTERESTED Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 02:32:44 +0100 (BST) Hi, Thanks for accepting my bid i will like to inform you that the Payment will commence as soon as you accept to the little explanation that i have for you , I have a creditor in the UK which is owning me 6,500 Pounds and he had made it clear to me that he can only pay me back my money by issuing a cheque outbut i disagree with him because of the High rate of crime commited by cheque issuers nowadays. But he said that he his not of such so i will advise that after receiving the word of guarantee from him i decide to inform him to go ahead that i will send him the details to make the payment to ,And because am in Africa Now and the UK funds Cheque can not be cashed Here at where i am so i have decided to inform you that .If you can help me in the transaction by deduction your money for the Domain and sending part of my Money once the Cheque has cleared to me via Money Transfer . If you understand all my explanation get back tomewith the following details Name that you want the cheque to be issued with Address that you want it sent to Lastly Contact Telephone Number . I await to read from you soonest with all the details that i requested from you, if you accept to help out j Kelvin My reply: <o:p></o:p> People like you really anger me, you are one of MANY fraudsters I have had to deal with while trying to sell my bike.<o:p></o:p> I don't appreciate having my time wasted and I certainly don't appreciate anyone who tries to cheat me. <o:p></o:p> No further correspondence will be entered into and I hope one day the police catch up with you.<o:p></o:p> Have a sad life, oh, you already are<o:p></o:p> ----- <o:p> </o:p> scammers!!! <o:p></o:p> <o:p>If anyone feels like sending their JUNK mail to this pond life his email addy is above. </o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p>KWAK </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 07:57  

Sorry folks, I know we usually have a very happy ship here at biker match but this kind of scam has happened to me many times and I'm MORE angry about it cos it happened in the chat room, a place where we all go and have a great laugh, naturally (wrongly) I assumed this 'person' was a member so assumed he was probably genuinely interested in buying my bike. Normal service will be resumed once the cat scrapes me off the ceiling (mm now who's cat can I borrow?) Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 08:04  

Hi kwak sorry this happened to you hun he never seemed right from the start ! i just wish i could get to him cos the only thing like that understand is a good solid kick in the He was at it again last night which makes me soooo angry grrrrrrrrrrrrrr hopfully its sorted now tho as di was on the case rant over......... aaaaaaaand relax

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2007 08:26  

Hi Kwak, OUT OF ORDER ! would be the best comment i can make !! (otherwise the moderators might slap me ). the idiot needs to be taken to a secure room and bombarded with large amounts of heavy and damaging objects for a long time. I could think of other things but i am to nice to print them here. God luck in selling the bike. Mr Shaggy

Update Reply
Mr Shaggy @ 28/05/2007 08:55  

absoutley what a waste of your time kwak here is hoping he pisses off now

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/05/2007 09:37  

it only happens to the good folk eh, sorry to hear about it kwak but well spotted....female intuition, what would we do without it huh. You can report his e-mail address and it's content's to symantec's hoax's page and also there's loads of other link's on their site too, also you can report him to CIAC hoaxbusters site..... poor sod, there's no fury on earth like a woman mildly scorned....

Update Reply
whoops @ 28/05/2007 09:48  

Aww thanks for all your support everyone lol @ Mr Shaggy, I bagsy first 'object', a 10lb mallet may make me feel better, who's goina help me lift it? Whoops, like most scammers they give themselves away pretty quickly but cos he was in the chat room I thought he was one of us, a good guy, it was just the way he went about things that made me suspect something wasn't right. Jeez! first we get junk thro the letter box, then in our email now they're doing it on line. *middle digit salute to the lot of 'em*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 11:36  

kwak, i will give you a hand witht he mallet. and supply a few other interesting objects to lunge at it. Mr shaggy

Update Reply
Mr Shaggy @ 28/05/2007 13:04  

Kwak, just spoken to Matt and he is going to go see wot he can do. Have you posted on bc about him too just to let that lot know wot is going on?

Update Reply
Di @ 28/05/2007 14:30  

awwww kwak a big pat on the back for handling this scum bag so well mate sorry it cme to you haveing to do that but i think you showed him the EXIT lol

Update Reply
storm @ 28/05/2007 14:44  

Sorry to hear about thie scamm , its not nice and i think you managed very well , but that doesnt help you sell your bike. Have you advertised it or why dont you try ebay . If you gave me the details i could always put it on the wall up at squires,as you will know hundreads read the add every day

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 28/05/2007 16:03  

normally I would have to take the email address out of the above post, but this **** deserves to get spam. Once the spam-engines pickup the email address above, he's gonna be nakard :-) I've banned his user from the site, can you PM me his IP though if you have it? Will save me a lot of work trying to dig it out of log files. Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/05/2007 17:13  

Thank you Di, Storm, Graham and Matt Di, no I didn't post it on BC cos it happened on BM I didn't think they would appreciate me (a newbie on BC) venting my anger on there. I know it's part of the same site but you get what I mean. Anyway I could post it on there if it's ok with Matt. I expected it to get deleted from here as it's probably the only negative post in the entire forum, plus I added the scammer's email addy (soz Matt, NOT) lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 18:46  

Well, i wouldn't have deleted and nor would matt have cos you were posting a warning about a scumbag. It wasn't negative mate and you were quite right to bring it to everyone's notice! Thanks to ya for that hun, wtg.

Update Reply
Di @ 28/05/2007 18:50  

Graham, I've had the bike advertised on the net before, on friday ad, that's where all the sammers came from I've not advertised it on ebay cos I'm unsure how to go about it plus there's a charge for selling it and I aint got the dosh til the bike is sold. Catch 22. (I got the bike off ebay) Harry charges £2.50 (he did the last time I advertised something) to put a bike ad on his boards, no favouritism for folk he knows lol Thank you for the offer tho, much appreciated.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 18:52  

PML @ Matt, love that guy Where would I find the scammer's ISP? Would I need to open his email showing 'all headers'? or whatever it says in mail box (memory like a sieve with holes)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 18:56  

Sk Harry no longer he sold the place and as far as charging no one seems to know much because there are always someone pining something up and i`m shure no one checks them it would take them weeks .............

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 28/05/2007 19:14  

Crikey have I been away from the place THAT long? Never quite know with Harry just what he's doing, one minute he's selling up next he aint. Does this mean the prices for the food have gone up, now it's under new ownership? Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 19:29  

yea ull find it in the headers. Bung a copy of the whole headers cos theyre not easy to read through. thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/05/2007 19:34  

PS: hes a bikechat user not a bikermatch user. Cant find him on BM but banned him from BC

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/05/2007 19:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email