MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scottish full BM meet

Scottish full BM meet - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish full BM meet - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scottish full BM meet

In response to Bobkats thread for a SW meet I thought I should look to organise a full Scottish meeting.

I propose that Falkirk be used as a meeting point for all involved so that it is a fairly central point. This would be open to any BM biker/pillion so everyone is welcome. It gives a chance to meet the people we talk to and for us all the natter about future plans.

I thought a run up through the Denny back roads to Callander for some scoff would be good way to go (car park is free to bikes) . I will organise some prizes methinks too for the furthest travelled biker, furthest CBT rider etc etc.

The reason I'd choose Falkirk is it is central to where a lot of our bikers can get too. No matter where we pick some will have to do more than others (Falkirk is 70 mile round trip for me alone). I have organising road events for over 20 years and have always found Falkirk to be a great meeting point. It is also one of the reasons why it has some of the biggest car meets due to location.

I was thinking of having this "Full" meet a couple of times a year with first one April or May ? I'll throw it open and this is just an idea as wanted to hear who would go and any thoughts

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/02/2011 23:21  

Good on you Mad, for giving your time to organise this and good luck with it, I hope you have a great turn-out. Come on folks show mad your support, oh yes and please remember your cameras, and take lots of nice photos for the calendar.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2011 23:33  

You know if i was used to camping, and more atlas minded i would have loved to have done this lol

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 13/02/2011 23:52  

TBB how you going to get used to camping if you don't do it? Go on, I'm sure you'll get plenty of moral support from others who are going, ride up together perhaps?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2011 23:55  

true sandi, but i dont think my hubby will be keen on me of out on the bike all weekend But i do have time to win him round heehee so you never know x

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 14/02/2011 00:03  

Ah yes, soz I forgot you are married. It would be good if he would go with you.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/02/2011 00:09  

nice one mate. Once it's sorted I will send a PM to all our Scottish members to get in the attention it needs.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2011 01:33  

Sounds good to me MS, will help in any way I can if needed.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2011 01:48  

Would this be open to the foreigners from across the boarder

Update Reply
JP @ 14/02/2011 03:19  

If I'm in the country and free count me in for it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2011 04:50  

Fab.... look forward to it :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2011 09:41  

Are Hobbits allowed lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/02/2011 09:45  

OK Chris, I'll support anything which promotes comradeship and having fun. (second childhood tha knows) I'll kick start me zimmer & come up when you have a date set mate

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 14/02/2011 17:54  

And I don't need much of an excuse to get myself on me bike and back over the border. Once there's a date set, I'll let you know. Have a lot of work commitments until end of May / beginning of June....

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 14/02/2011 17:59  

Well i am hoping to get some camping gear and hubby will be ok at home with the kids, i have done it for yrs so wont blooming hurt him lol lol

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 14/02/2011 18:21  

hi chris im only 15min away to faikirk so look forward to this only need date

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 14/02/2011 18:38  

Will get my finger oot and get myself mobile again pronto amigos , hopefully before april now where`s my plastic glue and lucky white heather

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2011 23:13  

Hi all

Yeh be open to anyone just thought be nice to organise a meeting. I would be extremely chuffed if you came from down South or away up North

Do you want a overnight meet then so that anyone doing a longer stint can stay over ? I would be able to sort a night out in Edinburgh at a few places such as my mates rock/biker pub ?

hmmmmmmmmm thinking

Meet in Edinburgh Friday night for anyone wanting to split the journey up ( I can sort some digs). Saturday meet in Falkirk with the rest for meet n greet. Then either head home or back to Edinburgh before heading home Sunday ? This means anyone who can't make it Friday could stay over Sat after the run.

That way folks who just want to do Saturday can and the others who fancy a few nights in Edinburgh can do so also.

Again open to ideas as this makes it a multi event so anyone can at least get something out of it. It also means the "haven't got a bike to ride at moment" can come along to the evening and still get involved.

Just ideas

Update Reply
madscots @ 15/02/2011 19:16  

Up for owt and Scotland not too far away, keep me updated. Got most of may off and not decided what I'm doing yet. Touring Scotland was one of my ideas so could be a good starting point.

Update Reply
leetommo @ 15/02/2011 19:55  

I'm interested!!

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 16/02/2011 21:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email