MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Who's your best Biker Mate?

Who's your best Biker Mate? - Forums [Biker Match] Who's your best Biker Mate? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Who's your best Biker Mate?

Allright folks, thought I'd try starting a new thread. Given that some of my closest frinds are those, who have appeared due to or because of the Bike /Rally scene, who else can say that they have more Bike related Mates than other sorts? and what special qualities, do these folk have? I reference a good mate of mine (she) who has helped me realise, that me is ok, and me is whom i want to be. bugger everyone else. so go on spill the beans, be interesting to see how many folks have similar experiences.

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 07/02/2011 21:43  

i have a few mates who ive known for years all bikers,,all very different personalitys,,1 in particular has been very supportive of me threw the not so good stuff and its been appreciated, thats what mates do isnt it?

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 08/02/2011 15:19  

My best Mates are a couple of brothers, ones a local Biker (HD) the other, ex-forces, Per Mare Per Terram! Who now works on the biggest beach in the world, lol.
The love we have for each-other is unparalleled and without question, and as close as family.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 08/02/2011 15:57  

Yes boody, youre right thats what makes them special, the ones that help you through stuff. Ive lost freinds in the past when things have gotten weird for me, but when they ran, it was my bike ralated mates that came through for me and just got stronger helped me through a lot. DYna I know what you mean, its like these people ( you know who you are), are like siblings , Only closer.

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 08/02/2011 16:10  

Like most i have a lot of "mates"and i have a lot of time for most of them, but true friends are a bit more special. My best friend and his wife pretty much saved me from myself when my ex-wife was trying to completely destroy me. We always did rallies/trackdays/weekend rideouts together, and i was gutted when they emigrated to New Zealand 5 years ago. They came back after 2 years and now live next door to me. He's between bikes at the mo (RSVR on its way), so he's named on my insurance and takes my bike out whenever he wants. To my bessie bud... Cheers dude !

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 08/02/2011 17:15  

My best biker mate is Jay Waite from the Widows Sons Masonic Bikers Assn - Great guy - shit politics :-)

Update Reply
Flettie @ 08/02/2011 17:42  

I have a lot of friends that are bikers, some that I have known for many years. I have 2 best friends 1 is My X husband, a biker did everything together, including rallies rock nights, still friends but not the same.

The other is Angela not a biker but the best friend anybody could ask for and I love her to bits has helped me through the separation,, She even comes along to bike does with me, including the slaves do may convert her yet lol

Friends are so special, to all of mine a big hug

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 19:47  

Friends with your ex husband - respect! I would love to shoot my ex wife - you obviously are a better person than me lol.
My best friend in the world is a lad I was a coastguard with. A couple of hairy nights hanging over cliffs together lead to a friendship which is 11 years old and withstands the test of time. When I kicked my wife out he travelled 6 hours from his house to mine without thinking and spent 3 days of his annual leave sorting out my head! Thats friendship!

Update Reply
Bigcopsmalltown @ 08/02/2011 22:58  

I have met my best biking buddies on this site and they know who they are as I tell them often how much I appreciate them. Local to me they didn't want to ride distances and explore new areas and got huffy when I went my own way. So in a way I have them to thank for setting me free. 5K miles last rally season and 4 best biking buddies, and loads of new mates later, I count myself lucky

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 08/02/2011 23:27  

My hairy biker hunk Bryan, or Bruin as he's known on here

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 12:08  

My 'best biker mate' is more than a just a biker mate, He is my 'Soul' mate, i have known him for about 6 yrs and we are so close and on the same wave length, He is like my brother i love him to bits

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 09/02/2011 13:06  

still looking for mine

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 09/02/2011 14:25  

Shaz.... are we related ???
My best friend is also my ex husband, great bloke but we just didn't want the same things anymore, but my bestest bud in all the world is my likkle mate Sally we've been buds since the early 90's and have seen each other through some right c**p.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 09/02/2011 16:35  

mates what are they ? is this a new concept id say 40% of my Mates are bikers the rest just dont understand

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 09/02/2011 22:48  

My ex husband is a true friend too. We've known each other since I was 15, we grew up together really and had 3 kids and were best mates. We split up 15 years ago and the friendship wobbled for a while, but it's endured and we have mutual respect. It was my ex who helped me choose my bike, accompanied me on my first post-cbt ride and who is entrusted with my bike over the winter

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 09/02/2011 23:22  

Nellie (Pete) has a razor-sharp wit and always makes me laugh heartily. I sometimes laugh til I

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/02/2011 23:51  

yo, mr harleyphernalia. you immortalised me (again) love you too dude, if i had a brother i reckon he wouldn't know me like you do. putting the world to rights with you at stupid o'clock in the morning is one of my favourite things to do, and even though we don't exactly live close, the times you have appeared when i needed someone are always going to be remembered. bestest friend, i love you xx

Update Reply
psycho angel @ 10/02/2011 10:10  

aw shucks chuck

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 10/02/2011 10:24  

bump ?

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 16/02/2011 14:25  

One of my best biker mates is an old American biker who lives in San Fransisco. Ok I may never have met him in person, but he has always been there for me - more so than anyone in England.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 16/02/2011 15:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email