MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Chatroom Etiquette

Chatroom Etiquette - Forums [Biker Match] Chatroom Etiquette - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Chatroom Etiquette

It's a sad day when I've got to post it, but this month there have been a lot of people (mainly new members) really dragging the tone of the chatroom down to gutter level. It's absolutely not appropriate to be discussing blow jobs, the smell of genitals, what you'd do to other people in the chatroom (in detail!) etc. BM is a clean, friendly and great social site. Most people don't want to read such filth in the chatroom and I'm getting LOTS of complaints this month which prove this. Therefore, I'm going to start banning people and even removing accounts for those who do not behave in the chatroom. Keep it clean and friendly or your account will be terminated. End of story.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/02/2011 22:17  

Well said Matt People should keep stuff like that to whispers or meet up and talk like that between themselves.. other people don't need to read it on here!

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/02/2011 22:34  

..Time & a place for it Matt & IMO fully visible chatroom aint it..

Update Reply
old red @ 05/02/2011 22:34  

It's like this... whatever you would NOT say at a BikerMatch gathering on Sunday at Matlock Bath etc... you should NOT say in the chatroom or forum.
It couldn't be any simpler. Yet still I know some people will reply on this topic complaining that BM is an adult site and bla bla bla. I don't care!!! There's other sites for that, go there and stop ruining this wonderful community I've worked hard to build up for 4 years. BM rocks, and always will. It's having a good old spring clean now and 2011 is going to be the best, I promise you!

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/02/2011 22:42  

Well said Matt too many keyboard warriers on tinternet no place for them on here

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 05/02/2011 22:42  

Well said Matt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2011 22:46  

I've been a member for 3 years now ( Feb 2008) and I have met loads of great people, many who have become close friends. For every 1 or 2 that want to spoil it, there are loads more who won't. I have never seen chat get to this level, and hopefully it won't again. BM is brilliant.. I would've left long ago if I didn't think so. Karey Moderator Team

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/02/2011 22:49  

wow it's been a while since I've had some support for a decision I've made Glad we can all agree that BM is not bikersmut.com But maybe there's a market for that, hmmm ideas are flowing lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/02/2011 22:54  

Now that would be a rally

Update Reply
JP @ 05/02/2011 22:56  

just delete them

Update Reply
yamahama @ 05/02/2011 22:58  

definitely JP... sign me up lol.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/02/2011 22:59  

We may have a dig at somethings Matt, but on the whole I think you know you have the support, it is a great site, if it wasn,t I wouldn,t have been here since Aug 08! You,re doing great things for bikers, keep it going..

Update Reply
old red @ 05/02/2011 23:02  

Glad to be on the team , and fully support Matts views, i have been distant for a while on the site and i am glad to be back proper and heavily involved !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2011 23:10  

I agree with everything that's been said. The internet is full of idiots who think it's ok to type all sorts of stuff that they wouldn't dare say to your face, cos they are living in some pathetic fantasy land. But by and large I've found bm peeps to be genuine, and this site is such a haven of honest to goodness lunacy just the way it is

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 05/02/2011 23:16  

for a change, i agree with all of above. nuf said

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 06/02/2011 00:56  

I've been onboard since 2007, and really don't want to know what 'A is going to do to B' on bla de bla de bla.... keep it clean

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 06/02/2011 02:32  

Well said Matt (insert clappy smiley as phone won't)

I have been on here almost 2 years now, and have not seen it like it has been lately .. EVER !

Yes this is an adult site, yes we are all grown ups, yes it's a bikers site (tho what the heck being a biker has to do with chat of a seedy or vulgar nature) however it's also a public site.

For me I don't want to read that sort of thing, neither do other members and people need to remember that where the chat room is concerned it can be seen whilst your flicking through the forums!

Matt is not saying don't talk ti someone that way if you want/need to just remember time and place! Openly in public chat is neither ... Private whisper or PM that only the other can see is both.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/02/2011 05:29  

I ventured thro the door just 3 months after BM was aired and altho it was slow at the time, naturally so, I could see it was destined to grow into the popular club it is today. The chat room was provided after many members requested it so they could chit-chat in it instead of the forums, mm, well that aint worked but at least the chat was fun. I've not been in much in the past few months, partly due to the 'adult' conversation. BTW another point of chat room etiquette: No matter what COLOUR text you choose to chat with, in the room, whoever has the colour FIRST gets to keep it for that session of chat. It's not exclusive to one person as people chat at different times of the day/nite. Just thought I'd mention that as some chatters are very possessive re: colour.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/02/2011 06:59  

I can't believe that people actually seem to view this site as some kind of adult chat site! I haven't paid a lot of attention to the chat room for a long time and I'm stunned at what I'm hearing here.

I think I'll be watching it from now on though and I don't have a single issue with getting anyone banned off the site if they're dragging it down to such an extent.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 06/02/2011 08:12  

There will be a solution soon enough Geoff, i agree re certain members about freedon of speach, but not when it oversteps the mark, and recently it has, problem being when guilty members are in the chat room and then when the likes of myself enter the room they have already left, but thats where the advantage of mods being able to view the whole convo and act on it !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 08:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email