MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Chatroom Etiquette

Chatroom Etiquette (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Chatroom Etiquette (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Chatroom Etiquette

Totally agree with Matt, good humoured banter is one thing, but some of the stuff in the chatroom recently has made even me blush and trust me that takes some doing.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/02/2011 13:37  

I dont go in there as I cant read or do text speak call me old un but would be nice to have real text in there

Update Reply
JP @ 06/02/2011 15:31  

Hey JP helps when your kids do text chat and translate for ya ... I can now understand most of it

Didn't have much choice if I wanted to understand what they were saying

Update Reply
jabecs @ 06/02/2011 15:53  

My son would give me all the wrong info just for fun

Update Reply
JP @ 06/02/2011 16:23  

Well once again, I'm oblivious to it. I must pay more attention.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 06/02/2011 18:21  

Your not alone :-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 06/02/2011 19:09  

Really pleased to see this thread
Thought it must have been me, turning into an ancient fuddy duddy!! I stopped "chatting" and was beginning to think maybe I shouldn't be on this site. Should have been more trusting..thanks Matt.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 07/02/2011 22:14  

Alice - im always here to do the right thing for the club and i hate people dragging it down.
JP - the chatroom isn't so bad, it's not like SMS messages. Give it a shot. U need to type fast at peak times though. text-speak isn't so hard though as its only the dozen most-used ones you need to learn (b4, lol, ...)

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/02/2011 22:47  

I'm with JP .. I rarely go in coz my typing speed is that of a spliffed up tortoise crawling across an extra sticky big bun on a very hot day !!!

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 07/02/2011 22:52  

lmao brother

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/02/2011 22:55  

I've never used the chat room, not because I can't type fast enough (I learned to touch type when I first got a computer) but because I won't use and do not want to read text speak. Written English is bad enough already without completely destroying it with text speak. If someone calls me M8 I usually make a sarky comment about not being a motorway between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 08/02/2011 07:14  

its not all text speak cata, plus there are actually some good subjects discussed, yes some stupid ones too, but overall its a good place to chill if you have nothing else going on in the evening.....but each to there own !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 07:19  

Mmmmm, each to their own. The reason why (IMO) people abreviate the written word in Chat is because at times, conversations move very quickly and it makes it easier to 'keep up'.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/02/2011 07:24  

yes EACH TO THERE OWN.....its members choice if they chooseto enter chat or not, i dont use text chat, in chat on forums or via text as i am not a fan of it, but i understand if people cant type quick enough in chat to keep up with the conversations, but even the fastest typer cant sometimes .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 07:57  

Hey i type for a living, not that you wold guess that by my poor spelling and grammar lol

Would suggest everyone at least has 1 go in chat , if it doesnt suit them hey ho :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/02/2011 09:57  

Well I haven't been in the chat room for ages (in fact last night was the first time since last October I think!). All was good last night, but it's got me worrying as I'm a great fan of the occasional double entendre (in true British Carry On style) and cheeky remark, but it's all done in good humour and never nasty. So, my question is (and this is because I don't want to be banned!) what's too far in most peoples eyes? Hope I haven't come across as a pervert, cos I'm not!

Update Reply
brad_the_impaler @ 08/02/2011 14:35  

The 'Carry On' film scripts are suitable for under 5's to read (if they could read) compared to some of the chat in the chat room. Brad, read Matt's first post to see what kind of thing some folk have objected to. Let's just say that X would be the category the chat room conversation goes into, only B M isn't an X rated website. If folk want adult literature/chat/websites there are plenty on offer, just not at Biker Match.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/02/2011 15:00  

Wot Sandi said

It may be worth while at this point (only cos I got PM's like this yesterday) to say that whilst some people on here may wish to have this type of chat in a PM , please check with them or build enough of a rapport 1st that its something they want to do,

Not everyone is interested in X rated chat even when its done privately

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/02/2011 15:20  

jesus, well said, thats disgusting talking bout that stuff openly, keep it to pms dudes and dudesses

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 12:30  

Refresh, for those who haven't seen this

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/02/2011 22:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email