MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bikes for shorties

Bikes for shorties - Forums [Biker Match] Bikes for shorties - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bikes for shorties

this year we went to the nec so mrs mungybear could try just about every bike there is as she is partially heighted, and her other ahem, disability is a tiny inside leg measurement at 27"....please, no laughing at the back!

She will not try any custom as she doesnt like them so they were out.

However, there were a few that fitted.... the little 250 ninja, a bmw or two that they lower as part of a factory option AND drumroll.....the ducati dievel!

I have made this post for others who are having trouble finding a bike to suit little legs, and would also be interested in what others may have. I know you can get bikes lowered, but we are looking at "off the shelf" bikes

thanks for reading, and sorry if its been done before.

Update Reply
mungybear @ 19/01/2011 20:56  

That's really useful info for us shorties mungybear.....mmmm a ducati! never thought that could ever be an option, so never bothered tormenting myself. I Really must put more a bit more effort into finding a better job now lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/01/2011 21:05  

Good thread mungybear I too am partially heighted or vertically challenged... and I have said in the past I def don't want a cruiser, but I had a sit on a Honda VT750 at the NEC and fell in love with it.. i will have to save up tho... lol Good luck to mrs mungybear in her quest

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/01/2011 21:05  

Hi MG, I had the opposite problem, needed something comfortable to ride ... have a 35 inside leg!

Update Reply
Roxie 1963 @ 19/01/2011 22:35  

35inches !! Guaranteed to get more views of your profile !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2011 22:40  

Well I am not as partially heighted, lucky in that although only 5 ft 4 I do have an inside leg of 29 however I did have my SV lowered to make it more comfortable for me to ride.

A friend of ours is the same hight as me & rides her KTM unaltered without issue.

Mr P however has the same inside leg as I do & rides his 1250 GT Bandit no problems

So little legs does not always mean you have to have a little bike

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/01/2011 22:46  

hi i had lots of bikes for me i need the big bike so the criuser is for me im 36 inside leg so got a pan sit on it all day and not as Herve as you think

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 19/01/2011 22:52  

me too - vertically challenged :-( but my 250 ninja is perfect and also thee ducati 1198 is good too - they are both reversible with legs on the floor, and not too heavy to handle either.

Update Reply
kazninja @ 20/01/2011 08:51  

Well that surprised me !
Kazninja, i was looking at your profile and is that the 250 in the photo's? I thought it was only green or black that they sell. Also do you feel it is quick enough? is it the largest bike you have ridden? And are you comfortable overtaking in a 60 limit? thanks in advance

Update Reply
mungybear @ 20/01/2011 10:43  

I'm vertically challenged too, when I come to find my wheels, my hairy will help me get something for my diminutive size

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2011 13:02  

hi cheesekake, maybe its because im new and dont understand the lingo here, but i have to ask, but who or what in "my hairy"

Update Reply
mungybear @ 21/01/2011 17:21  

I have a friend who is going to be selling his Kawa Eliminator (125cc) very soon , anyone who is interested , please drop me a line.

This bike would suit a 'vertically challenged ' person and be ideal for a learner.
Sorry to hijack your thread MB

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 21/01/2011 17:38  

mungy - it does upto 100 mph flat out, and fitsme like a glove :-) only 5 ft 5 inch so ??? No the profile is sat on a ducati at Springfield show (with mong face lol !!) as can get feet on ground - a 1198 I think ?? but love the sound of it - no bafflers woop woop !!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 21/01/2011 18:45  

hehehe kaz you have at least 5 inches on mrsmungybear

Update Reply
mungybear @ 21/01/2011 20:42  

Think cheesekake is referring to her 'hairy biker' Mungy..A bonus of joining the site..

Update Reply
old red @ 21/01/2011 20:51  

hairy biker is a person then? hehehe

Update Reply
mungybear @ 21/01/2011 21:42  

I met a little lady a couple of years ago who had raises put into her boots so she didn't have to have her bike lowered. You would never know

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2011 21:51  

thanks for that Elllimay, and you are a wonderful person but i want to tell everyone this.....

something else we tried at the nec was the Ladystar daytona boots.

For anyone who is interested in buying a pair of £350 boots to make you taller, DONT. All they are good for is if you can ALREADY touch the floor with your toes. They then allow you to be flat footed. useless if you cant touch the floor already. In fact worse! We / she tried them on the Diavel, and she was better off without them!!!!

However ordinary boots made up front to back are better. But our quest was to find a sporty bike right for a shortie

Update Reply
mungybear @ 21/01/2011 22:04  

Ok understand that...the lady I was talking to had put something into a pair of normal boots and she loved them... I wouldn't know as I'm tall enough not to worry, only a thought...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2011 22:10  

Im only 5ft2", and the VFR400, is a great height for me. With it being so low it doesnt feel heavy either. And it can shift!!!!! And it just happens that im selling one!! Hint hint! Lol!!!!

Update Reply
VFRbabe @ 21/01/2011 22:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email