MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Not a lot of people know this...

Not a lot of people know this... - Forums [Biker Match] Not a lot of people know this... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Not a lot of people know this...

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> These are very interesting !! <o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand. <o:p></o:p> And 'lollipop' is the longest word typed with your right hand (Bet you tried this out mentally, didn't you?) No word in the English language rhymes with month , orange, silver, or purple. ' Dreamt' is the only English word that ends in the letters 'mt'. (Are you doubting this?) <o:p></o:p> our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. <o:p></o:p> The sentence: 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' uses every letter of the alphabet. (Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?) <o:p></o:p> The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes). (Yep, I knew you were going to 'do' this one.) There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. (You're not possibly doubting this, are you ?) <o:p></o:p> There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.' (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u) TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. (All you typists are going to test this out) A cat has 32 muscles in each ear. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds . (Some days that's about what my memory span is.) <o:p></o:p> A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. <o:p></o:p> A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes. <o:p></o:p> A snail can sleep for three years. (I know some people that could do this too.!) Almonds are a member of the peach family. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that also . Actually I know A LOT of people like this!) <o:p></o:p> Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age. February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon. <o:p></o:p> In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated. <o:p></o:p> If the population of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">China</st1:country-region></st1:place> walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction. <o:p></o:p> Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite! Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated. The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing. <o:p></o:p> The cruise liner QE 2moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns. <o:p></o:p> The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket. (Good thing he did that.) <o:p></o:p> The winter of 1932 was so cold that <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Niagara Falls</st1:City></st1:place> froze completely solid . There are more chickens than people in the world. <o:p></o:p> Winston Churchillwas born in a ladies' room during a dance. Women blink nearly twice as much as men. Now you must know more than you did before !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2010 12:34  

eeeeeeeeeeee

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 24/12/2010 22:51  

I'm looking forward to my lugs and hooter growing so my specs don't fall off

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 24/12/2010 23:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email