MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday

Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday (37) - Forums [Biker Match] Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday (37) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday

Well Ian & I made it back ok ... unloaded & ready for a good nights sleep.

Although our tent did stay stood, unfortunately, it has been mortally wounded, so on humanitarian grounds we have had to put it out of its misery & it will camp no more , but what a camp to go out on.

NEVER have I seen or felt winds so bad, hope I dont again either. I did wonder how long before we all were airborne & needed the coast guard to rescue us !

However it didnt totally spoil what was a good weekend, before the wind machine was plugged in, as has been said .. it could have been worse, it could have rained !

It was great to see everyone again, old & new, & even those who came that were NOT BM members & was just the break that I needed after last week...

A Small selection (130) of our pics have been uploaded, lots of tagging to do

Now to adapt the next tent so it can withstand anything ... hope Cornwall is not as windy !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/05/2011 17:48  

Well we had a good weekend if a little breezy, at the last count i believe it was 7 or 8 flattened tents, some of which still had the occupants in them We survived with only a couple of fractured poles & someone who will be nameless slept through most of the mayhem It was great to meet old friends & make some new ones, good to see everyone mucking in & still smiling dispite the fun & games at some un-godly hour .................. where next ???? scoobs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 18:00  

We got home safe and in need of sleep been up since 1am trying to save Boss Moms tent but failed main thing all safe nobody hurt and most still cracking a smile. As said great to see you all new and old faces and the couple by the gate who are not on the site just saw the listing and turned up hope to see you both again soon

Update Reply
JP @ 02/05/2011 18:40  

NEWSFLASH !!!!!!!!!

A new sport is sweeping the nation starting by folk from BM

EXTREME CAMPING .............. who's tent flies the highest !!!

Think we all need t shirts

WE WERE BLOWN AWAY BY BARMOUTH

As already said it got rather unique !!!!!!!

To any alien being passing it would have seemed rather odd, a metal box eminating the sounds of Monty Python sketches and songs. Folk randomly wandering around catching flying air beds and sleeping bags, (wish i had enter HRCs into the kite off, i would have won hands down!!!)

Disco lights flashing from Div and Garys bike's

Peter27 cooking bacon sarnies and Mr Ken ambling back wards and forwards with endless supplies of water.

But i must admit i had a great weekend lol

Cheers to all who came along and took part in the Barmouth Blustery BM Bash, and to everyone for mucking in and helping each other, true BM spirit

Nice to catch up with old friends and to meet some new ones, all apart from the naughty one of course, yes you know who you are !!!!

Everyone has reported in home and safe

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 19:36  

sounds like you all had a fab time and all pulled together when needed, I have all these visions of tents etc flying everywhere, hope some1 got photos of it all sorry I couldnt be there to join in the fun with you all...........stupid f*** ing leg of mine

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/05/2011 19:42  

Oi BJ, i don't know who you mean???

Well, that was one mental night!
After HRC'c tent commiting hari-kari sunday morning, we all thought that was bad enough.
But frik me sideways, nothing could have prepared me for what devastation was on show when i was roused from my tent by BB at 4am asking if I had lisa in there lol! All tents had gone down and she was missing, so pants on and out into what looked like a small passanger plane had gone down lol!!
Toughest game of 52 card pick up i've ever participated in i know that!
My common sense told me that it was mildly dangerous attempting to control remnants of a shredded tent that had splintered fibreglass poles poking out of every orifice, but then all those big issue selling homeless buggers looked a tad like they needed help, despite being called a bas@#$d by certain people HRC lol! Not sure whether you looked so dazed because your house had just flown away or because of a certain box of wine!!
Certainly a weekend I won't forget in a hurry!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 20:05  

Still having the tune from Wizard of Oz when Dorothys house blew away going through my head !!!!!!!!!!!

MMM you know o naughty one !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 20:08  

Awww kwaka, did I really???

must have been the wine,

I admit I was a bit, well quite a bit, shellshocked though
think I've stopped shaking now

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 02/05/2011 20:18  

Well, it didn't take you long to come up with my other name at least!
And it's seriously made me think twice about getting tent i can stand up in lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 20:19  

omg .. has that kwakrider been out of order?? Hmmmm maybe we should have left him outside the pub, after all and pretended he wasn't on BM

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/05/2011 20:21  

when I woke up ...... my first thought was...Where's everyone gone? hardly a tent to be seen Great weekend even though I missed most of the excitement...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 20:22  

welcome to wales one of the best blow jobs you will ever experience hope every one got home safe great weekend good company well done to ken for staying erect all night

Update Reply
peter27 @ 02/05/2011 20:33  

Well it was an interesting weekend, with new extreme sports like night time tent flying and find the airbed being of the more favourite ones. Glad everyone is ok and made it home ok

Update Reply
cw @ 02/05/2011 20:35  

Hi to all, just got home rac top peeps picked up at 1130am. Bloss and the kids had a top time, could not believe how friendly everyone was, and was made very welcome. Jimmy (the Man) top weekend bud, you made it for me, along with Harleyfanalien (john) kaz, mini, bernie, bj n ken, BlackBerry, Scoob n nita, sumo. 0145hrs was woken by suffocation!!!! tent over face! got the kids out, John came busting in like Big Boy to the rescue, at this point we all got out side as we heard ( ping pong ping), the poles let go. We all looked at each other and burst into hysterics, we were crying with laughter, John says( She's going to blow Captain), So I does no more jumped in the Jag, Drove it straight over the top off what was left, gets out, (she aint gunner blow now), Again hysterics.with the kids in car off we go to help out anyone we can, after getting peeps to put there cars on there tents, Job done. Off to the best metal box( £15.00 for the night), Big thanks to BJ and Ken, who's tent was still up (lucky buggers) sat with all of the clandestines!!! and made us tea and coffee, with all that went on, we could all see the funny side and grin. In the light of day it looked like a plane crash with no plane or injured. So all in all what a top time we all had, THANKS BM and all you top peeps., time for bath and bed ZZZZZZZZZZ

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 02/05/2011 20:42  

Hi All, back safe and sound, what a weekend, a tan and wind burns, never expected to be woken by hurricane barmouth at 2.30 this morning, with chaos all around, but thanks to some quick thinking and kind actions of fellow campers we escaped injury, only the tents died, a great weekend nice to see faces known and new, and the sun and sea and very fresh air lol.
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon,
Maizie Simon Sam and James.

Update Reply
GinnyMay @ 02/05/2011 20:57  

HRC, (homeless rock chick???!) it was only cause I gave you a 3 in chase the ace! But then I was just known as Mr Bas#'$d all night lol! Hope you have some luck with your tent
Karey, I'm a good boy honest, and thank you for rescuing me saturday night lol! Was getting chilly out there
Was a great teambuilding exercise for a newbie like me!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 21:08  

so so funny reading about hurricane barmouth

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/05/2011 21:09  

My pics now up, including the latest barmouth club 'The Metal Shed'. and a strange face in the clouds that looked to be the source of all the wind!
Still think we should have launched the chinese lantern and wished the wind would have died down!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 21:28  

My Tigger kite was saved by Mr Ken and lives to fly another day wahooooooooo

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 22:04  

fab weekend .dispite low flyin tents . great people and friends highwayman pete you n your family top , i will get u back boy . harleyfanalien john , may be next time lol ??thanks to shell and ian for the lift .look forward to next one .

Update Reply
jimi123456 @ 03/05/2011 02:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email