MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday

Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday (38) - Forums [Biker Match] Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday (38) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday

Back home safe and sound, how windy !!!!!!!!!!! Riding through the mountains back on the back was a bit hairy :-( but enjoyed the week end - thanks peeps !!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 03/05/2011 11:18  

So... with all this going on... thankfully people will have forgotten about me and sumo skipping around the field.
Phew!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 03/05/2011 14:00  

That is imbedded in my memory forever THAT MAN

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2011 14:13  

err I have a photo of that Ian

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/05/2011 15:16  

Wish now I would have stayed until Monday! I left Sunday lunchtime and must say up until then it was amongst the windiest times I had camped in over the years, and I have done a lot of camping, from the scouts at about 10 years of age until now at 56! Seems like Sunday night would have been the ultimate blow job! lol I was in a new, high sided tent so for sure mine would have flown the roost! It would have been worth it though, talk about storm chasers! Glad everyone was ok, tents are easily replaceable, unlike folk. PS. Was that Freddie Mercury reincarnate? lol (Not!)

Update Reply
Rattay @ 03/05/2011 15:48  

Freddie Mercury with a yorkshire accent and crap jokes is def one not to miss lol

Fair play to Rob for rockin the dance floor and slaps due to the naughty one and Steve for singing and dancing along to the dreaded A word !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2011 16:18  

I was a bit lucky putting the car on the tent saved it, but two poles popped. On leaving the camp going down by the tent dump, looked over! aahhh some poles, picked up a load, and spent all day today makeing new poles, put the tent up and looks ok, just one guide rope to sew back on and should be all ok. So Im a bit luckier than some.

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 03/05/2011 18:28  

Freddy Mercury went to school down the road from here, the council put a mural thing in the ground outside my local pub for him. I'll shut up and go away now lol.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 03/05/2011 20:32  

I have been asking people the definition of the words BLOWING A HOOLEY. This weekend in Barmouth confirmed it:- wind blowing out of control, not saw anything like it before and dont want to again. I feel sorry for the folks that lost their tents during the night, i just hope it does not put you off camping - because you have to admit we did have a laugh STRONGER TENTS NEEDED

Update Reply
Timeout @ 03/05/2011 20:53  

Not stronger tents Al just thicker guy ropes and very long pegs Big thanks for bringing the trailer back

Update Reply
JP @ 03/05/2011 21:09  

Had a fantastic weekend .. even with the wind .. Great to meet new people .. Jackie .. We need T shirts printed .. to commemorate blustery barmouth .. Leave it up to you to sort the writing .. lol Did look like a plane crash with all the debris all over the field .. Thanks to everyone for mucking in and rescuing the stricken campers

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 03/05/2011 21:56  

Beginning to wish I'd come just to give the tent an airing. Stashed away in the loft i've got an old tent of the sort used on Everest expeditions. It's been all round Europe and overland to Morocco and Afghanistan, and laughs in the face of Welsh breezes.

Well, that's the theory, anyway!

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/05/2011 22:04  

Uploaded my few photos now, glad the ones I took of my only ride out up a mountain came out despite it being very windy and them being taken on my phone! Weather was great last Wednesday when we arrived, only went downhill on Sunday really, but that was enough to turn my huge gazebo into a lethal kite and then flatten my new mansion. C'est la vie. We got out of it unscathed though other than JP's huge splinter from a split pole in the early hours, and hopefully it hasn't scarred the kids and the dog for life. Very expensive break, never thought there'd come a day when I'd be glad to be leaving Wales, but I was that tired and devastated on Monday that's how I felt. Sad end to a great few days. Special thanks to Benny for steadfastly hanging on to the remnants of our tent while we got everything out, and to everyone else who mucked in. Man of the match was definitely Al (Timeout) for taking the trailer back for me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/05/2011 23:10  

Sorry for any confusion, but last few posts removed at Dark One's request as he believes someone has posted in his name

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/05/2011 10:12  

Just remembered the look on Ambers face when she was mooned by Sumo lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/05/2011 11:17  

If you think weather was normal fri and sat night BM you must be made of pretty strong stuff? I've camped in winds that strong before in Cornwall (there's that name again!) and also in Portugal but it was blowing at the extreme of my tent's capabilities on them two nights in Wales! What Sunday night was like I can only guess! On fri and sat my tent was sideways to the wind though so that may have made a difference as the tent's ar*e end should always be facing the direction the wind's coming from to lessen its effect.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 04/05/2011 12:38  

wind from ar**end are you sure Rattay lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/05/2011 12:44  

Yes but not after burgers and beans!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 04/05/2011 12:46  

and you a researcher as well lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/05/2011 12:56  

No probs JP and Boss Mom only to willing to help Support vehicle to the rescue.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 04/05/2011 18:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email