MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

BM Jobseekers Help For Fellow Bikers

BM Jobseekers Help For Fellow Bikers - Forums [Biker Match] BM Jobseekers Help For Fellow Bikers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

BM Jobseekers Help For Fellow Bikers

If you are you employed with access to your company website advertising jobs (give us a heads up before the external advertisement) then why not let the rest of the biker community know. We are here to help each other at the end of the day after all, it is not insider information but every little helps. All you need to give is the company contact details and advertised vacancy. This can be local or nationwide so lets help each other.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 02:20  

To start us off Job Title: Retail Energy Expert<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Liverpool, Staffordshire, North East England, Dundee, Manchester<o:p></o:p> Type: Permanent<o:p></o:p> Salary: £15,000 to £17,500<o:p></o:p> To view the full job description please click the link below:<o:p></o:p> http://www.jobsite.co.uk/jbe/...0/1

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 02:31  

Great Idea mate

Update Reply
JP @ 09/12/2010 07:55  

Bump

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 10:16  

It's a good idea, if anyone knows of an admin' vacancy, in the Huddersfield and surrounding area, please let me know. Good luck to others who are also seeking employment.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/12/2010 10:23  

Yeh brilliant idea.. I'm looking for a job too...so any help would be much appreciated

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/12/2010 10:26  

I can post vaancies for Brum Uni if any body is interested :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/12/2010 11:00  

Job Title: Field Sales Executive<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Location: Bognor Regis, London, Scotland, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Coventry, Liverpool, Sunderland, Suffolk, Cambridge, Norwich, Northampton, Leicester, Grantham, Herefordshire, Manchester<o:p></o:p>
Type: Permanent<o:p></o:p>
Salary: £36 to £50 OTE 1st Year<o:p></o:p>
To view the full job description please click the link below:<o:p></o:p>
http://www.jobsite.co.uk/jbe/...0/5<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 14:01  

Job Title: Graduate Recruitment Consulant Scheme - Immediate Start<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Location: London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Glasgow, Reading, Bristol, Manchester, Dublin<o:p></o:p>
Type: Permanent<o:p></o:p>
Salary: £22 to 70k OTE + Benefits<o:p></o:p>
To view the full job description please click the link below:<o:p></o:p>
http://www.jobsite.co.uk/jbe/...0/9<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 14:02  

Uni jobsite link

http://www.hr.bham.ac.uk/jobs/index.shtml

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/12/2010 14:04  

Thanks Jackie... i dont mind relocating ! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/12/2010 14:35  

Here's our companies job search portal
http://www.qinetiq.com/home/careers/search_and_apply.html

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 09/12/2010 14:41  

WB i want a desk next to you :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/12/2010 14:51  

I'm just finishing my first week back at work since august 2009. Bleedin nackered now. I wouldn't bother with links to agencies. The are no better than ambulance chasers and hardley worth appling through. Most company's avoid them as it costs them money. Best bet is to find companies in the sector you work in and find their vacancies page on the company website. There are vacancies at my new companies website. theglobaldraw.com they are providers of standalone gaming machines for the pub and betting shop industry. Oh for all the daily mail readers who are worried about where their tax's are going. I had a great time. getting up once a fortnight to sign on is a killer. (if you actually believe that then you must be a nazi. Thatcher would be proud.)

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/12/2010 18:18  

Agencies don't seem to bad for programming jobs, once you've got the obligatory experience under your belt.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 09/12/2010 19:49  

Most computer jobs now are only open to Contractors, this saves the Companies paying anything other than wages and if you are of sick they just bring in someone else, so contracting in the IT world is often the only way to gain experience and at the end of the contract you are gone.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 20:11  

I think that depends on the field of IT. In the web world I'm still getting mails about permanent positions from agencies.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 09/12/2010 20:35  

I'm not on about working for agencies within a company CS. I've been there and done that with manpower. i've been in the IT industry for 15 years man and er man. I'm on about agencies trying to place people with companies. doing searches on the internet just keeps bringing up the same job with different agencies and you are kept from finding out who the company is so you can bypass the agencies and apply directly with the company. I was told in an interview with a major printer manufacturer that given the choice between hiring an agency candidate or someone that had applied directly, then they would hire the person who had applied directly because of the cost. needless to say i wasn't hired. And had been sent by an agency. The job i have secured was found by me through jobcentre plus search directly to the company. They required 80 people nationwide. for which they recieved over 1800 applications. i got 1 of 2 positions for the Birmingham region. The other strangly enough went to an ex contractor.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/12/2010 20:49  

I'm looking for opportunities for a cookery teacher in Bridlington or East Yorks region if anyone can help please? Cheers

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 10/12/2010 00:13  

heres the company i work for - usually vacancies in ireland, Scotland & england Food Retail - about as safe as you get! http://careers.musgrave.ie/content.php?id=31

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/12/2010 00:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email