MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What do you do to get over somebody?

What do you do to get over somebody? - Forums [Biker Match] What do you do to get over somebody? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What do you do to get over somebody?

Just wondered what people do to get over somebody?

Just move on? Go out and party? Eat a tub of ice cream?

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 17/11/2010 10:17  

Cleaning lol. Not necessarily to get over somebody, but when I'm in a foul mood with someone I just start blitzing. It's great, and at least you get to cry in a clean house after lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2010 10:43  

Depends what you mean by get over someone and the situation. If it's get over someone you thought was a friend and turned out to be the opposite, go out with mates and have a good time and delete any contact etc with them, if it's an ex, what ever helps really. Be it ice cream, going out with mates, having a cry, erasing the person from life, etc. Or if it's someone you loved or close friend that passed away, that can only take time.
Nothing will take away the pain of losing someone, all you will do is learn to live and deal with that in your own way.

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 17/11/2010 11:35  

It's not easy, regardless of what you've lost, and only time will heal the wounds.

If it's an ex, understanding what went wrong by talking with him really helps, otherwise I avoid contact, at least for a while if staying friends, keep busy and listen to angry music.

Funnily enough, riding helps too, it clears my mind and lifts my spirit no end.

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 17/11/2010 11:47  

When its an ex you gotta get over I tend to retreat into my cave, growl a lot at people and be a tad miserable for a while. Also party a bit, as that way you must be around mates else you wouldn't be at party !!!! Out on the bike is helpfull coz you're concentrating, even if subconsiously, on what muppets are in front of you. Pretty soon, the good days outnumber the bad ones hon

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 17/11/2010 11:56  

Depending how attached you get, long term relationship I felt like I'd lost a limb, short term the wounds heal much quicker in my experience.

Love RCs way of coping lol, I swing from partying to gathering my thoughts some where peaceful.

Hope you feel better soon hun, lifes way too short to dwell on what could be,..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2010 12:13  

Awww Bless
Sorry I am no help - went to pieces myself - only thing I found helped was confiding in my pals
Will give you a massive hug next time we in chat
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TLC)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))xxxxx

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 17/11/2010 12:33  

A lot will depend on the person... You have to want to get over someone first

Good friends n family and a strong resolve help :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/11/2010 12:49  

Chocolate and lot's of it

Update Reply
JP @ 17/11/2010 12:59  

That's your answer to everything! Apart from "push them over in a puddle"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2010 13:10  

Boss Mom you forgot doughnuts and steak lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/11/2010 13:12  

Yes but pushing them over in a puddle is funny and staek is ok but lamb chops now that's different

Update Reply
JP @ 17/11/2010 14:43  

think back over your life good times and bad, remember the people you are no longer in contact with and the things you have done and the people you have known. i doubt you will remember how bad you felt then but you must have done at the time. you soon realise things aint so bad :)

Update Reply
dunans @ 17/11/2010 16:03  

Try lifting one leg, either will do, then follow with the other. I find this works 99% of the time. Laep frog is quite good too. Sometimes going around them is easier and if in public more socially acceptable.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 17/11/2010 16:20  

Thanks guys

Just had one bad thing heaped onto another so lost perspective for a bit, be back to my old self soon.

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 17/11/2010 16:44  

Forgot to add, will be out riding and partying this weekend. Hope the group of italians I'm showing around campus on Sunday morning at 9am appriciate that i might of only of had a couple of hours sleep

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 17/11/2010 16:47  

From experience in no particular order you don't prozac booze another person/s quickly elapsed time a shrink or just get on your bike and ride ride ride any combination of the above to suit Glad to be of service BT

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 17/11/2010 18:20  

see it as their loss,eat chocolate and talk it over with m8s

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 17/11/2010 18:25  

Generally have a massive breakdown,carry on with life wondering why everyone thinks you`re a miserable,grumpy git,get married to someone else & get even grumpier,fly off the handle at every little thing,and then 25yrs later wake up with the realisation that,in fact, you never have got over them.
Works for me

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 17/11/2010 22:56  

Just move on. Moping and whining about it isnt going to make any difference whatsoever. Life is too short to mull over yr mistakes. Onwards and upwards!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 17/11/2010 23:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email