MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

153mph

153mph - Forums [Biker Match] 153mph - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

153mph

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11543759 guy caught doing 153mph! right sentance? just wanted to get discussion going on speeding topic

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 17/10/2010 21:37  

if you go that far over the speed limit and get caught you have to expect book to be thrown at you....

Update Reply
violetinferno @ 17/10/2010 21:41  

With the comments on how he was riding at those speeds its lucky he got caught rather than killed. If it had been empty roads or a motorway then i would say otherwise but overtaking on junctions and doing those kinds of speeds on those kinds of roads he should have known better and hes bloody lucky he didnt end up in a crumpled heap

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 17/10/2010 21:42  

community service pointless though

Update Reply
violetinferno @ 17/10/2010 21:43  

unless it involves clearing up at road traffic accidents

Update Reply
violetinferno @ 17/10/2010 21:44  

No matter what very lucky not ti have been killed ... Open road or town centre ... You don't ride/drive outside the law, sorry have no sympathy with speeders or those who drive/ride outside the law ... An idiot speeding when I was driving and the accident they caused means I only have one full working kidney :-(
Pity more of these idiots don't see just how they ruin peoples lives!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/10/2010 21:46  

I'm with you on this 1 shell, if people want to go those sort of speeds they should do it on na track where they then risk only thier own lives not others.

Update Reply
drobess @ 17/10/2010 21:49  

Obviously didn't get his time and place right same as this 80 year old
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8449788.80_year_old_spee...5_000/url/

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 17/10/2010 21:49  

I remember carrying a bikers head still in his lid back to the ambulance following a nasty crash in Lancashire a few years ago. I made sure i walked past his mates as they were giving their witness statements. The subtle comment to the bobby taking the statements was "Handy things chins traps. they keep you lid on your head and your head in your lid". One of the bikers promptly threw up.

Update Reply
Phil @ 17/10/2010 22:01  

Oh god pagan I feel sick

Update Reply
drobess @ 17/10/2010 22:12  

I have picked up way too many bikers. Shocking their buddies usually make them slow down a bit and take stock of their actions and responsibilities.

Update Reply
Phil @ 17/10/2010 22:59  

That's awful, Phil.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/10/2010 23:04  

I agree it's the only way some will learn

Update Reply
JP @ 18/10/2010 03:57  

Nothing wrong with going over the limit .......... BUT there is a time and place for it.

Not being sexist here but most of these posts are from women on lets just say "slower" bikes

No good getting sanctimonious about it, anyone on here who says they have never sped .... don't believe them.

The prat that this post was about simply gets the press attention which the government and police love and can say "ooooh nasty horrible speeding bikers ....... BAN THEM"

As for the old fella, just shows what happens when you defend a case in court ..... £500?, sounds a bit much for 13mph over the limit. But as he has had a record of trying to defend his cases, its "we ARE going to do you !!"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2010 07:50  

Agreed that there's a time and place for speed, I'm the first one to open the throttle when I have a nice clear road in front of me, but I keep my distance from traffic and close it right back down when it gets busy.

I don't understand people who take stupid risks, like filtering on the motorway at 90mph, what's the point?

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 18/10/2010 09:07  

shadow- nothing to do with been a women i just seen article and thought was interesting talking point if id been on car forum i would of done same link with speeding car! and im bit lead footed when come sto me 4 wheeled transport. Pagan- eewwww but see your point glad to see getting some discussion going,just came across article by chance

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 18/10/2010 10:31  

On the whole speeding point, there is a time and place but as we all know the law is very inflexible and if they want to do you for something, no matter how minor it is (including things that have no way of causing harm), then the law will do you for it, even if they are wrong. I.e faulty equipment. There was an incidence of a lorry driver where I live that got done for speeding, was told he was going 33mph in a 30, yet he wasn't speeding according to his tacko (spelling) in the lorry, that read he was doing 27mph and yet they still did him for it, fine and
points.

So I just think the law half the time is a complete arse, don't get me wrong you do get the 1 in 1000 cops that are fair and trat you with respect.

I do believe that between certain times, speed limits should be stopped on Motorways and certain A roads, say between 11pm and 5am when there is basically no traffic on the road.

The guy doing those speeds in the article is lucky not to have been killed and yes this is a case where something does need to be done.
But the 80 year old, I mean come on, they are just doing that just because they can and don't like people to stand up for their selves, as a result they are making an example of him, sounds like the medieval times again, just without being killed.

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 18/10/2010 12:39  

Its quite simple really we all know the speed limits, I always keep to the 30 40 & 50 limits but anything else is fair game depending on the level of traffic etc, so if we get caught then we just have to accept the consequences if we go over, personally Iv'e never been caught speeding on the bike but been done twice in a car, my fault no one else's

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 18/10/2010 12:47  

thats why I cant understand those people who call it a "stealth tax" it must be the only tax you impose on yourself

Update Reply
pondlife @ 18/10/2010 13:58  

Personally any stunts on a public highway, speed wheelies, etc, belong on a track day or similar, but its a free world, you all know the risks you are taking when you do whatever it is you choose to do, so sadly its a case of sucking it up and taking the rough justice thats metered out. If you are risking only your own life at the time you do whatever you do then thats up to you, just remember the poor sod who has to live with your face coming through his or her windscreen at whatever speed because you took a chance.

Update Reply
piggyman @ 18/10/2010 15:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email