MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

153mph

153mph (3) - Forums [Biker Match] 153mph (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

153mph

As stated before, people generally have incidents (I was gonna say accident, but it seldom ever is!!) due to lack of paying attention.... At 120mph I'm sure you'll be paying a great deal of attention!! (I assume??)

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 28/10/2010 13:56  

Things happen fast tho,if your reaction time isnt up to that speed, whatever your doing,goose and cooked spring to mind

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 28/10/2010 15:41  

"Things happen fast tho,if your reaction time isnt up to that speed, whatever your doing,goose and cooked spring to mind"

Thats why you need to ride fast most of the time, to keep your brain up to reaction speed.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 28/10/2010 16:24  

Ah right,thats how ya do it

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 28/10/2010 16:41  

DriftnSlide " Thats why you need to ride fast most of the time, to keep your brain up to reaction speed. " Too right I completely agree, just don't get caught by the fed's/ rozzers, etc, etc

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2010 22:58  

Ummm I hear you all, But ... going back to the 70s when yup bikes were not as quick, but a mate on an rd400 was tanking along near yarmouth about a ton, his back tyre blew out, he was a cripple, and the bike went through a cars windscreen, killing the occupants. Quite simply had he not been doing that speed the damage would not have been so great. There are arguements both ways, I still feel if you want to drive at twice the limit or more, you belong on a track, if you want to just enjoy a ride out, then enjoy it as a group, and ride at speeds all are comfortable with. We all take a chance once in a while, but why give all bikers a bad name, when you can ride sensibly and put some car drivers to shame. And a foot note the "rozzers" as called are/ were paid to try and keep the roads safe, I have had no troubles from them in my time riding since I was 16, indeed help is all I have had in the past. Regards to all, and keep biking the way you want to, mindful only of the consequences of your actions.

Update Reply
piggyman @ 30/10/2010 00:49  

Tyres have come a long way in development since the 70's piggyman. Blowouts are fairly uncommon with modern tyres these days. Stick to speed limits on A roads and motorways, B roads are different. I'm not saying its for everyone, but..... sportsbikes are built for a reason, they're designed and developed to be ridden hard/fast. There is little point in owning a sportsbike if its not going to be used properly, in which case a cruiser/retro/trailey/Harley etc, should be the weapon of choice. Its a choice you make and a chance you take. Because some ride fast, it does'nt necessarily make them a hooligan. There are risks and there are calculated risks, the latter being the one to stick to. I agree there are some maniacs out there, but lets not tar every quick rider with the same brush. I've raced and ridden on and off tracks and roads for the last 28 years, and the one major accident I had (i've had loads of minors over the years) involved a car at 50mph. If I'd have been going faster then he'd have missed me.
We're all in this biking malarky together, and it irritates me sometimes when I hear bikers putting other bikers down for speeding. Maniac or suicidal manouvers, fair enough, but speeding on a bike ?
Lets face it, travelling at speed is not for everyone, but lets not have the finger pointed at those who do responsibly in the right places.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 30/10/2010 15:04  

I don't point the finger, not ever, we all do what we do in our own way, thats what makes us individuals. It's just that we need to always be aware of the consequences of what we do and how we do it. we may have family etc, others may have family's . if we cause an accident because of how we do what we do, then it is our conciences,(if we survive) that has to live with it. I am all for having fun in the right places, but not to the detriment of safety of all road users

Update Reply
piggyman @ 30/10/2010 18:04  

I don't think anyone on here is saying that its arse up head down at all times whilst were out. Time and place. In my case all speed limits are strictly kept to whether I'm on my own or in a group. But anything over the national speed limit (over 60 is fair game providing the conditions are right and traffic is minimal which in West Wales is mostly a certainty apart from in the height of summer. If I'm riding to work, 5 miles each way and I travel at 5. 30 am as you can imagine there is no one else on the road at that time, so its wake up time and warp speed, my return journey at 6 pm is totally different with commuters going home etc s my speed is kept down to an appropriate level. That was my day shift night shift is opposite and i have been known to take a 20 mile detour to get home in the mornings because its so quiet. Did have one close shave last week though on my ride home from night, you know how it is you see a car in the distance and know that you can catch and pass before your turn off, so bat out of hell and within a mile I was approaching his back end pretty quick, got closer and just noticed this fluorescent glow in the headlamps, and thought oh dear what are they doing out at this time in the morning, so it was quick on the brakes and kept about 100 yards behind then another half mile it was my turn off and they carried straight on, they could easily have stopped me for a telling off for the way that I caught them up so quick.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 30/10/2010 18:30  

If the politicians were serious about speeding, why don't they introduce speed restrictors to all, cars and bikes. They did it to HGV's. But they break the speed limit all the time on single track roads where they should only do 40 mph.
Which is more dangerous, a 40 ton hgv doing 60, or a bike doing a ton.
They will not simply because those that make the cars and bikes will no longer have a market for them.
I break the speed limit every time i go out on my bike, if it is safe to do so.

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 01/11/2010 00:03  

Agree there like

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 01/11/2010 02:00  

recent case in N Ireland car driver opted to go to court caught doing 48 in a 30mph. Now the press reported that he was "going past a school at the time of the offence" which most people would have thrown up their hands in horror. Selective truth - turns out the school had been shut down for 3 years! The interesting thing about this case and why it made the papers, the judge found him guilty and he got the mandatory 3 points but he was fined £1. Judge made that judgement on the basis that he was "a 50 yr old man of previously good character". Of course the police are appealing it as it will open the flood gates. But you would wonder wouldnt you...how many times he'd done it and not been caught. Fair play to him anyway even if he did get the points which was probably what he was actually trying to avoid.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 20/11/2010 22:17  

"quote DriftnSlide We're all in this biking malarky together, and it irritates me sometimes when I hear bikers putting other bikers down for speeding. Maniac or suicidal manouvers, fair enough, but speeding on a bike ?Lets face it, travelling at speed is not for everyone, but lets not have the finger pointed at those who do responsibly in the right places" Well said Fella, One point which bugs the sh** out of me is when bikers get caught doing a ton+ they get the book thrown at them and there have been a couple of well documented cases where they've ended up in prison.... I mean prison for speeding are you sure, it's bloody well outragous, Then there wasa case couple of years back when a Porsche driver from Gemany was let off by a magistrate for doing over a ton because and i quote "he was more able to handle the speed because he was used to driving faster in Germany on the Autobarn's" waht a load of B******** By my reckoning as bikers who ride big powerfull bikes we should be let off speeding because we're more able to handle riding at speed because the sense of speed is much greater on a bike at 150mph than sat in a car...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/12/2010 23:15  

Its all the same if you ride/drive to fast at the wrong time in the wrong place it's like walking down the road with your c*ck hanging out of your jeans all you will hear is look at that pr*ck

Update Reply
JP @ 08/12/2010 09:34  

This country and it's laws are old and out of date ....even the new ones don't have justice in mind....time place and enviroment are not taken into mind when the courts are handing out punishment and it's wrong.

I have many times riden at very high speeds in controled areas or in Europe where this is possible and one trip to Europe cost me over £500 in fines for high speed but it was delt with at the road side with no points and a "have nice day" smile from the Police.

If i had been stopped in the UK for any of those incidents i would have gone to prison banned for 50 years had my bike crushed and my bus pass cancelled......

This new law of ASSOCIATION is hell bent on stopping groups of riders going for a potter together.

For the unfortunate people that have been convicted of this in this country stands as a disgrace for common sence......so if your out and one of your mates crashes be very careful what you say to the police as you could be charged with the same offence even if you have done nothing wrong.......

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 08/12/2010 23:10  

yeah its called living in a nanny state with all your rights squashed all in the name of "war on terrorism" and all the people who should be locked up still walkin around because they knew how to bend the rules! the world is totally fucked up!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 08/12/2010 23:33  

Speed might not kill - but it certainly helps when things go horribly wrong for whatever reason.

I think there is a time and place for speeding but you need to minimise the impact the loss of control would have on others. Kill/maim yourself, try not to hurt anyone else.

I used to take the same bend all the time at 90, one day I got it slightly wrong. It hurt. It happens. Remember this "But for the grace of God go I".

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 09:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email