MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

153mph

153mph (2) - Forums [Biker Match] 153mph (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

153mph

He got what was coming to him in the end, he did it all the time and gloated about it too much.

Update Reply
Wilson @ 18/10/2010 19:31  

There's a time and a place for 'winding it up a bit', but a lot of riders don't seem to be able to tell the differance between a safe place and a place with a restricted limit. Them restrictions are there for a reason,... and one of em been, to keep folks alive! Anyone that wants to ride like an idiot, should do it on a track day or similar, then its only them and/or their pride and joy that'll get dented/hurt.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 18/10/2010 19:50  

Any1 can walk into a shop and buy whatever they want, be it Hyabusa,zzr,cbr,victory,harley, whatever, at some point some of them are gonna open them up live, than get blase about their bikes power,what ya gonna do? bet theres more twats in cars that are guilty of worse,again,what you gonna do?

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 19/10/2010 00:26  

Limits are there to be observed and many I can see why they are there, others seem pointless.
The speed limits are not the only factor in someone being killed in a car or on a bike, you can be killed riding at 10mph or 150mph, it is how you come off or crash in a car. You only need to hit your head or bend your neck a certain way and it can be curtains for you whatever the speed, so speed limits don't always keep folk alive, but as I said i can understand why some are there, i.e. schools in the area, etc.

Germans do have the right idea with the Autobahn, no restrictions as long as it is not unsafe. That should be adopted here (one of the very few good things that would come out of being in the EU) between certain times when there is little or no traffic on the roads, though I guess if that was to be brought here what would traffic cops do then lol.

FXR, your right that anyone can buy any bike and open it up, what is the point of having ever more powerful and faster bikes if you can't use it anyway, even on the track you can't use the full power most the time. As you say, what can you do.

The guy doing 153mph got off lightly i think though

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 19/10/2010 01:52  

speed has to be appropriate and its up to the individual to decide that. if u get hurt or nicked you live with it (or not if you kill yourself) this guy seemed to disregard the safety of others and that should always be your 1st priority so if its true he deserves what he got

Update Reply
dunans @ 19/10/2010 17:38  

Mental. I'd never break the speed limit. Nor do wheelies on a public road. Or rolling burnouts for that matter. Thats not what bikes are for.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 19/10/2010 21:58  

never seen the point in burnouts or donuts,it only shags your tyres

Update Reply
pondlife @ 20/10/2010 06:55  

Unless you are about ready to put a new one on ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2010 18:09  

Mr Pondlife
You are correct that IS the point!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 20/10/2010 19:45  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->Mental. I'd never break the speed limit. Nor do wheelies on a public road. Or rolling burnouts for that matter. Thats not what bikes are for. Now I know you tell porkies

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 21/10/2010 11:10  

Rumbled !

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 21/10/2010 15:58  

Good post guys...

A thing I have noticed recently, is that a lot of urban roads have had their limits reduced from 40 to 30mph. The road at the end of my street has, since I was a toddler, been 40mph. 2 years ago however, it was reduced to 30mph. This is a 2 and a half mile, good urban road with few junctions and few houses (mainly fields). I notice now that drivers tend to 'switch off' because of this tedious, slow procession.
I have even witnessed one accident whereby a transit van failed to notice the car in front was indicating and slowing for a right turn. Consequently, rather than rear-ending the car, he drove up the curb and smashed into a lamp-post. Nothing to do with excess speed, just simply not paying attention. You could argue the point, that had it have been a 40mph limit the Transit driver may have paid more attention....!

Any of you East London riders will know of the A13 from Limehouse going east past Canning Town ..... a 3 lane motorway with a 30mph limit!! And of course, speed cameras.

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 22/10/2010 00:04  

the transit driver would probably still not have noticed but at 40 would have done more damage that a13 is a mare all the way through,theres even a ministry checkpoint right on a set of lights at dagenham with it's own dedicated slip roads!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 22/10/2010 07:32  

I know the checkpoint you mention..... never seen it manned! At least the A13 here goes to a 50 limit.
Why did they never deal with the Lodge Avenue flyover when they rebuilt the A13 to deal with the bottlenecking, causing daily congestion right back to East London.
As with speed limits...... probably dealt with by non-motorists!!

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 22/10/2010 10:40  

Agree with shadowfax.
C'mon now, all these folks that are saying speeding is bad? I'll bet theres not one person in this forum that has not gone over the speed limit, even just a little bit .......
There is a time and a place for 'going for it'. Built up areas and busy are not them.
Last time I seriously went for it was July 1997 - ZXR 750-L3.
Coast road in Sussex , A275 (I think , don't live there anymore). It was about 3AM and parked up on top of a roundabout , engine on, waiting for the road to be totally empty, didn't take long at that time and booted down the slip road onto the dual carrigeway....
last time I looked down, the needle was moving fast past the 140 mark. At a guess I would say between 160-170 mph.
Anyone whos done these speeds will tell you, after you pass the 140mph mark things come up as you see them, so to take your eyes off the road and glance at the tacho, is just madness, at those speeds on a public road.
That was the last time I rode that bike as the next day it was sold for 4 wheels (sobs).
Speed doesn't kill, if you respect it and are respectful that others might not.
Who is causing more of a problem, a biker doing over the ton on a dual carriageway/motorway, or a biker doing 70 in a 50?

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 24/10/2010 13:54  

theres a nice stretch of road thats 50 between southport and burscough,nice and twisty with a few bad bends till you know em. the last mile is straight,wide and has open feilds on both sides its an easy ton with plenty time to slow down for the roundabout at the end - so thats 100 in a 50 and ive never known an accident/incident there so what u gonna do lol

Update Reply
dunans @ 24/10/2010 16:29  

set up a speed trap!lol x

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 25/10/2010 10:23  

Sorry but I'm confused.com where was he doing this aledged 153mph, only in the minds of the reporter writing the article it seems as it's only stated in the main tag line. Later in the main test it says "AT UP TO SPEEDS OF 120mph" The other thing which appals me and I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but what the hell's happened to motorcycling, where we all slag this guy off for speeding while only reading what the news reports to us, jeez I though motorcyclist were supposed to be a little bit of the outsiders... I guess even bikers have now started to believe this B/S that speed kills and is the all encompassing devil that the governement of this country whats us all to believe it is... Firstly no it isn't speed in itself is not a killer, if it was we'd all be dead the second we went over 30mph, just like the they belived in the 1890's Jeez buy a nice safe Nissan Micra if you don't like speed, isn't it the biggest reason we all buy big fast motobikes. I'll get off me soap box now,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2010 21:28  

No flaming from me Blade_rider, just alot of nodding in agreement.
Bikes = Freedom

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 26/10/2010 21:32  

Ditto here, im with you Blade_Rider and DynaToon and your are completely right, Speed is not the killer. It's those that do not treat it with any respect or idiots that don't look that are the killers.

We need to stick together, can't be out casted by our own kind as well as cars, police, media, etc.

I know why I bought I bike and why im hoping to pass my test soon, the freedom, the speed, the sheer enjoyment of the thrill of the ride, that and not getting stuck in traffic :P

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 26/10/2010 23:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email