MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How cold!!

How cold!! - Forums [Biker Match] How cold!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How cold!!

Hi all,
Well, i've just spent my first evening working on the bike outside, and how freaking cold it it?? Maybe it's the carb cleaner all over the hands, nope toes are damn cold as well! If this is only october, then hell, might as well order the heated grips now lol!
Fixing up my ebay zephyr so i can ride through winter instead of being a fair weather boy again, hopefully this trusty (lol not so far!!) steed will see me through the darker months, and even more hopefully meet up with some of you all!
Take care, now, where's that damn patio heater......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2010 21:15  

Yep.............it's cold, right enough!!! It was lovely this afternoon, been out in just a t-shirt and jeans, went to get the washing in this evening and it was sooooooooooooo cold!! I've put the heating on..

Update Reply
Karey @ 13/10/2010 21:18  

Yup, I have already started taking medication for my raynauds and usually it's end if November before I touch it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/10/2010 21:29  

Yep it's bloody cold here to! been working outside on sons scooter. Just wondering shell did the gP prescribe for raynards - didn't think you could get anything for it when I last asked!

Update Reply
sportijoe @ 13/10/2010 21:58  

Been back inside an hour now and i'm still cold!!! Yeah, it's been lovely during the day - typical as A, i've neither bike taxed at the mo, and B, stuck in an office all day, booo!!
Need to get some sun on me, so wanna just go get on a plane and head somewhere hot :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2010 22:02  

Sporti ... yup ... its the same stuff they give to patients with Angina ... you can have Adalat gell... thats a quick kick of the stuff, I take that when the weather suddenly turns cold and I have not had my other stuff , also I have Nifedipine which I can take up to 10mg 4 times a day to keep me going through the winter and speed up my circulation.

They dont like to give it out, as one of the side effects is that it lowers your blood pressure rapidly and speeds up your heart rate amongst other things and its easy to overdose on but I used to get chill blaines so bad when it was cold they had to do something for me or I risked it becoming worse I am supposed to take it all year round ... but dont as I dont want to get to the stage where its not working in the winter , which is a possibility if I am always on it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/10/2010 01:13  

To be fair, I may put my thermal lining in my jacket for next week. But we'll see, I have the advantage that it's only around ten to fifteen minutes from the lock up to work and I can put up with the cold for that time.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/10/2010 09:55  

Deffo need to buy meself some winter gloves now i'm back riding in winter. Mebbe heated grips too if i'm gonna be really soft! Can't wait to get back on it though, been a while since i had my leg over lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/10/2010 13:23  

Coolest day yet? Still had brill day out at Stafford tho'.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 16/10/2010 22:41  

already got my thermals out , heated grips on , hot water bottle ready to tuck in my jacket, na not really . mind if it gets as bad this winter as last i think i will give the bike a reat for the winter

Update Reply
grumpydraws @ 19/10/2010 20:39  

Jeeezz.....You lot are a bunch of wimps!
A couple of degrees drop in temperature & you all grab your thermals & scarves......
Sorry,hold on a minute,someone at the door.....

Err.....there`s a brass monkey at the door asking if anyone knows a good welder......

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 19/10/2010 21:18  

I missed all that cold malarkey then? lol. Cornwall wasn't cold

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/10/2010 23:43  

It's not cold still work in tee shirt all day and starting at 4am stop being a trart will let you have the carb cleaner for cold fingers lol

Update Reply
JP @ 20/10/2010 05:57  

I got so cold I almost had to let Mr P give me his jacket to keep warm !!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/10/2010 06:35  

I was going to have heated grips on my new bike but I just couldnt bring myself to do it,I've only recently started wearing waterproofs after 30 odd years!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 20/10/2010 07:05  

It's gonna be a cold one today. Nice frost on the car this morning.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 20/10/2010 07:15  

not as bad as expected here its cold but no frost, anyone get the snow that was forcast?

Update Reply
dunans @ 20/10/2010 07:34  

cold here..and frost this morning...but blue skies and sunshine! A friend up near Whitby put on their FBstatus last night they had sleet and hail! Brrrrrrrr

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/10/2010 09:30  

Some bright spark once suggested putting Fiery Jack cream on fingers and toes before kitting up to keep the cold out. Maybe we used too much but thought me hands and feet were going to spontaneously combust they got so hot!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 20/10/2010 11:23  

Ruddy cold here today -2 when I got in the car this morning !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/10/2010 11:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email