MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How cold!!

How cold!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] How cold!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How cold!!

Yep def the first sign of the winter is here and the nice weather is behind us.
Many of you will still be riding mind you:) Brrrrr

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2010 12:01  

And I thought it was us suvverners who were the softies!!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 20/10/2010 15:04  

Us Hobbits have furry toes to keep us warm :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/10/2010 15:20  

I heard that you have jackie Super fury animals you hobbits are down there hehe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2010 15:22  

Clinton ............. if only you knew lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/10/2010 15:31  

I darnt ask with you jackie lol you always make me smile anyway,spec when you and alex are going around with your camera No one is safe And i mean no one yaay

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2010 18:36  

ive just stolen the quilt from the bed so i can snuggle up on the sofa.. my heating is rubbish lol i think ill be delaying my lessons for a couple of months at this rate lol Clinton you wont be safe next year ;) cos ill have my camera too :p

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 20/10/2010 18:52  

Hedgeback text me this morning to report he'd been snowed on enroute to work near Malton, yorks.....and to add insult to injury my boiler packed in last night....spent most of day freezong to death!!!!!!

Update Reply
violetinferno @ 20/10/2010 18:53  

Just gonna take the bike out for an evening run: ironically to visit a pensioner friend of mine to see if he's warm enough!! Just been down to the garage....I think I'll stick the thermal liners in.

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 20/10/2010 19:39  

Scarlet is that a promise hehe;) ooh top on then only you will have a peep lol x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2010 19:50  

Colder than today!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 20/10/2010 21:36  

Just returned home.... just about freezing outside. Never ceases to amaze me how warm modern bike clothing is, compared to my old wax cotton Belstaff of 20 years ago.
However, I have never yet had a pair of gloves that didn't produce numb fingers! Worthy examples anyone?

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 21/10/2010 01:04  

Did the cotswold run on Sunday and it was perishing,

Got to wash the bike and putting it off even though its sunny it's cold in Greenwich :-( and off to work now.

T
x

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 21/10/2010 11:50  

Glove wise I have some richa winter gloves, they are great till you take em off, and the thermal lining sticks to your hand and turn inside out. but warm,,,yes very.

Update Reply
piggyman @ 21/10/2010 11:55  

Thanks piggyman.
How do they hold up in the wet weather?
I have found that wearing the winter gloves is a trade off, as it starts to get awkward to moving around the controls, especially getting to the front brake lever. In the end I cover the lever with 1st two fingers, then end up with cramp in the hand (around town).

Last Christmas, manoeuvring through a 17 mile stationary traffic queue for the Dartford crossing, I thought my hand was beyond recovery....PAIN or what! What I needed there was a throttle clamp so that I could change grip, without the bike shutting down. Otherwise, dip the clutch, freewheel and play bongo's on the tank!

@ TLC69 The Cotswold must have been great for the scenery and the twisty roads! I haven't ridden there, only passed through in the car. Probably better on a warm summer's evening?

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 21/10/2010 19:14  

Found the frost icon on the dash this morning, summers gone!

Update Reply
guzzi-rob @ 21/10/2010 19:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email