MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Protecting BikerMatch Members

Protecting BikerMatch Members - Forums [Biker Match] Protecting BikerMatch Members - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Protecting BikerMatch Members

To all members of BikerMatch, It's my duty as the owner of this site to ensure everyone is protected from malicious online users, and even worse - offline people. Therefore I want to warn everyone that you can and WILL lose your BikerMatch account if you fail to show respect for other BikerMatch members. For example, if you fail to correctly disclose your marital status to someone you meet on BikerMatch (for a relationship) then this will result in a permanent ban. Likewise, lying to members of the club about your activities with other members of the club will also result in a ban. I will not allow anyone to "abuse" our members in such way. If you want such an "adult friend" site then there are plenty out there - but BikerMatch is NOT like that and never has been. I should not have multiple members of BM complaining about certain other members of the site "playing around" with everyone they can here. Thanks for understanding.

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/09/2010 23:41  

Will you be my 'adult friend' Matt???

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 29/09/2010 23:43  

Oohh Matt we love it when your masterful :-)

Serious tho I quite agree not nice when someone is using the site to ' put notches on the bed post' as my nan would have said.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/09/2010 03:50  

Matt, waste not want not, chuck 'em over here players, I can't be doin' wiv 'em, can we have a lynching, I'm bored? (sorry, I'm in an idot mood) Matt how do you know that the complainer isn't telling lies? You know, a woman scorned, or man, wanting to get their own back for being dumped. It's a mine field. If folk remember that just cos someone isn't right for them doesn't mean they are a bad person and keep any opinions to themselves about previous partners, letting others find out for themselves then a lot of unpleasantness, and preconceived ideas, could be avoided. Obviously if a date/partner behaves in a potentially violent manner then that's the time to let Matt know so that said person can be dealt with. IMHO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/09/2010 06:12  

I like the way it's got "tell you later" on yours Matt lol. Are you hiding something?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2010 07:18  

Kwak has a valid point some people are just malicious, revengeful even jealous, when they can't get their own way, sadly it's human qualities we see in every day life.

There are women and men online that are most definitely virtual stalkers, it's creepy. It is very difficult to define and monitor, especially on a site like bm. Member "Abuse" comes in many forms, it's good to see that you show genuine concern for members. Good luck Matt I think you've got your hands full!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2010 09:09  

OOO can i have Matt after you DC lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/09/2010 09:25  

Got to aggree with the sentiment Matt, however you having to read others messages, to get to the bottom of a problem will become a bit old rather fast if you've got to investigate ALL and any accusations of what you are trying to achieve here, I do not aggree that anyone should be open to any kind of abusive behaviour on here or any other site to be fair, but think you will still have your work cut out as others say here what's to stop the accuser of just being a jilted party out for revenge??? Apart from anything else the work load you may have to take on to get to the bottom of the problem may be a liitle more than you would want!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 30/09/2010 09:32  

Matt it's good that you're concerned about the members but I think I'd check where you would stand legally by terminating someones paid account based on their 'private' activities unless it's expressly stated in your terms of membership.

Perhaps a name and shame thread would be more appropriate and far more entertaining for the rest of us

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 30/09/2010 11:39  

Don't forget there are quite a few of us Mods who can be contacted confidentially and most of us are regulars at meets etc so we have got to know alot of the members.. sometimes we will see the 'real' picture, or at least got to see both sides. Either way, if anyone has any concerns, please let us know.

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/09/2010 11:46  

I think I need to have a word with you on that basis then Kaz I have some concerns of my own lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2010 12:52  

I just want to reiterate what Karey has said. A lot of the mods, meet members on a regular basis and if you do feel the need to chat about these matters in confidence, please dont hesitate to contact any of the 'site mods'. Alex

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 30/09/2010 13:06  

As a Mod i can only high light what the others have already said ............. anything which you have a concern about please talk to one of us, if your local to me i have no problem coming along to meet you to talk face to face if thats easier then phone or text or pm .............. anything said is kept in confidence

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/09/2010 15:26  

sorry for the delay replying. I don't necessarily need to read through PMs and stuff. There are some members of BM who have been here for a very long time. Some people, like moderators, who I trust entirely. If a new member joins the site, doesn't pay his/her subs and keeps a standard membership, then I start getting multiple complaints from various long-term members of the site about this person's offline activities... then it's in the best interest of the club that they be removed. If someone HAS paid their subs, but I decide that we as a club don't want that person here (but they don't break any rules) then I will give a refund. I don't think it's necessary to put it into the rules that people should be 'respectful of each other'.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/09/2010 16:48  

All I have to say is we are all adults we may not like it or act it but we are responsible for our actions omissions and decisions

Update Reply
JP @ 30/09/2010 17:27  

I had a problem with an ex and spoke to Jackie Brum and she was excellent, thanks Jackie. xx

Update Reply
kazninja @ 30/09/2010 17:41  

i never had any problems until i spoke to brummie jackie

Update Reply
dunans @ 30/09/2010 17:43  

haha duns.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/09/2010 18:42  

I think you'll find BJ IS the root of all evil

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2010 19:51  

can you protect BM memebers from them selves too ! shame you had to take this action Matt but you do right !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 30/09/2010 20:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email