MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Protecting BikerMatch Members

Protecting BikerMatch Members (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Protecting BikerMatch Members (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Protecting BikerMatch Members

Thanks Matt...nice to know we are all one big happy BM family

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 30/09/2010 21:41  

Cheers folks i think lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/10/2010 09:40  

Can i just throw my bit in here... We are all grown ups and we should all follow common sense rules if you are going to go out and meet anyone, whether you are meeting them from a website or from the pub, you should ALWAYS tell someone where you are going and if you have a problem... walk away (or run )
I only had a problem with one person off BM and that's because he thought he was something he wasn't and was happily spreading rumours about me, his mistake was that i already was chatting to some of the girls he was trying to impress, needless to say he made a right plonker of himself as these friends already knew the truth and they told me what he had being saying... ! If you have a problem with anyone on here or on other social network sites you can always block them and we do have a great bunch on mods on here now, they are here to help us so use them if you need to, but also use your own common sense if he/she sounds like a nutter then they probably are.... And BJ is the root of all evil...... with fluffy bits

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 01/10/2010 18:55  

Is the name of this site Biker Match?
Sounds like a dating site to me.
Adults dating, bound to be trouble somewhere along the line.
Be adult then.

BJ is the root of all gossip.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 02/10/2010 01:17  

It's not just dating buddy. Some people are damaging to our site's good atmosphere and are causing many ladies to leave - is that what you want? If one person harms the club and offends others then they will be removed. Just like if you posted loads of racists/homophobic content in the forums I would delete your account too. Why? Because nobody wants it. We're a club after all... we don't HAVE to tolerate gerks.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/10/2010 11:32  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->Whats a "gerk" never heard that word before. Whilst Im here you need to know Im not racist or homophobic, I just hate everyone.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 02/10/2010 12:11  

Wb, A gerk is a small gerkin, not much use for anything. That about describes the people matt is trying to describe.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 02/10/2010 12:56  

Hey Matt, if I cant be racist or homophobic, can I be sexist? The ladies really need put in their place now and again. ( at the sink doin the dishes or fluffin up the cushions maybe) instead of playin wi boys toys. Bet I get a rthumpin for this entry

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 02/10/2010 13:11  

LOL jacko..... Go mow the lawn !!!!!!

It's great that matt actually cares about how the members behave on and off the site, i hope ALL members are reading this thread and think before they communicate with other members and show some integrity and consideration at all times. That's not a lot to ask for is it....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2010 13:44  

That's not a lot to ask for is it.... Well you wouldn't think so, but it would seem it is very difficult for some

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2010 13:53  

Yes GL, I totally agree with his approach, cos we are adults and we should be respectful to each other. I, however, am a rebel and take every opportunity to wind everybody up cos its fun. btw al probs keep me helmet on for my first meeting wi you guys til i know its safe

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 02/10/2010 14:02  

Rockchick.... My sentiments exactly !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2010 14:09  

LOL jacko.....ditto at winding ppl up..

Nothing wrong with being a safety kinda guy !!! "you sure you're not just shy" LOL

;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2010 14:20  

Ah GL, you see through my front. Dash it all, uncovered, laid bare, defrocked, ;-( I'l need to reinvent mesel.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 02/10/2010 14:40  

all the joking apart guys, it's not a nice experiance being at the other end of this!! Yeah i know i'm a bloke and ppl will think what a poof, pillock or what ever, but i had a experiance of cyber bulling, resulting in me having to shut down a solical net work account after it was hacked into, my life was a nightmare for months, the site didn't want to know when i complained, so good on you Mat for bringing this subject of site safety up and trying to safe guard your members. I hope you can get it sorted. it's only within the past year or so that i've had the courage to re-join a solical site like this.

Update Reply
retrofan @ 02/10/2010 14:52  

retro.. its not a gender issue.... men get bullied too... and id have done the same thing, closed the account and walked; thats unacceptable that they didnt action your complaint. im sure if you have an issue like that on bm, it will be addressed.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2010 15:46  

It's a mine-field policing this kind of stuff, thankfully I avoided most of the forum crap at my last job. I don't get cyber-bullying at all but some people are sadly rather vindictive. Most of that attitude did either have the entire community come down on them like a ton-of-bricks or their account banned. I would have thought it would be less here, what with the subs and all.

I have a habit of saying something to offend at least once, not intentionally, I hope anyone would just call me a prat to my face. So to speak.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 02/10/2010 16:39  

I have the same habit ST, about to utilise it now..... That pic is really scary looking, haven't you got a fluffier one lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2010 18:47  

Bullying or abuse in all it's forms should play no part in any social network.

We all have a duty of care to others.... We are all adults and none of us are perfect but as above, honesty and integrity is paramount.

As some of you know I have suffered at the hands of dishonest women. I have been able to deal with it myself but we are not all in a position to do so and I have had the support of friends.

As a social site we should care about our members and I support Matt's stance on this 100%.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 02/10/2010 19:06  

I offend quite regularly, its a gift you know (wonder if I can make money out of it? ... dragons den?)

But at least it gets a few people stirred up and gets some conversation going, cos TBH some of the subjects are boring.

But then again those who have met hopefully realises that I'm just like that in real life

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2010 20:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email