MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

new levers

new levers - Forums [Biker Match] new levers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

new levers

hello all, I am in need of some new levers for the R1, the prob is they just feel too far away, i must have short fingers! so which are the best ones too get,should i keep the length the same and just get ones that are closer to the bars or should i get shorter ones? are the cheaper ones ok,what brands are any good....blah blah blah......are the pazzo ones worth the dosh, dont mind paying if they are really good.looking forward to lots of feedback!

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/09/2010 16:37  

Without being really obvious, you have adjusted them to the nearest already I suppose.

I know a few that have fitted Pazzo's and they seem to be more bling than actually being nearer to the bars which is what you want

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2010 19:54  

Hi julie

Have a look on Ebay at Busters 2009 shop. Trac Tech levers seem to be about the cheapest adjustable levers. That is both brake and clutch for you little fingers
There are cheaper ones from Hong Kong but I don't like shopping so far away, Busters is mail order in Swansea. Hope this helps.

PS There all £89.98 free p&p for the PAIR

Update Reply
yamahama @ 15/09/2010 21:24  

cheers mate gonna have a look,just need some help in where to start!

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/09/2010 21:25  

PPS the're in long and short lever lengths and black silver and gold in colour.
bet you want gold

Update Reply
yamahama @ 15/09/2010 21:32  

Stick with long ones Julie or they'l be to hard to pull in, adjustable ones would be best.

Check if either of your existing ones are adjustable first

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/09/2010 22:01  

i have really small hands and really struggled even after my levers were adjusted as far as possible. My mate who is a bike mechanic took em off, heated em up and bent just a tad. It made so much difference

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 15/09/2010 22:27  

If your going to get someone to 'heat em up and bend just a tad',.. make sure it's someone who knows how to do it right, cos it isn't easy without making em go too soft.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 15/09/2010 22:32  

I dunno JJ. I've had mine adjusted to be as close as they can but I still found them really heavy at first. I have got used to them now.
Not much help, I know.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 15/09/2010 22:33  

they are ok for a hundred miles, then they seem to slowly creep away from me......was it something i said? maybe my fingers retract with distance?

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/09/2010 22:59  

Hi Ju;ie, just to get my 2 pence worth in here before you go spend your hard earned at Busters, there are Pazzo copies on ebay from China which quite a few people on another forum I frequent for ZX9's who have bought them and they compare really well with the PAzzo ones appearance is exactly the same if you want a link I'll trawl through and find it for you, my missus had probs with Yamaha levers being too far away as well.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 16/09/2010 06:13  

Wheelbarrow, are the Chinese ones really that good? I would go for them but I'm never sure about the quality or fit. It's also a pain if you're not happy with them and returns. Would you recommend?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 16/09/2010 09:15  

Heres what you need Julie..... http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/4782 Much cheaper than new levers.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 16/09/2010 12:33  

Arr. But are they adjustable? and new gloves will be needed. You're on about par with the new levers now.
I can think of alot more reasons why the fingers could be awkward in other situations. Another advantage is however; you'll look fantastic on Halloween night
Why do things allways get this complicated.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 16/09/2010 13:46  

Yamahama I can't recommend personally but the other lads are more than happy with em. Yjos is the link that they used which is for the Kwak ones just go to his shop link and find other makes

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 16/09/2010 14:04  

Julie.

I'd stick with Harris or Pazzo. You're looking at around £140 for a pair of levers though.

I wouldn't trust china copies. I bought some china copied mirrors for Roachy's CBR and they literally broke in my hands. You don't want to be hard on the brakes for whatever reason and for your lever to snap!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/09/2010 16:54  

I don't think the harris ones have a span adjuster on the clutch. Pazzo's are both adjustable and come in long or short.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/09/2010 17:04  

ooo so much info, may just go for the fingers cos i could always wear them about the house! gonna do some serious research, may even pop into the yammyhaha shop

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/09/2010 18:04  

Have you thought about moving the bars closer to the levers?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/09/2010 18:28  

how fast does the bike have to be going to get it to catch up with the levers? can feel an A59 session coming on

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/09/2010 19:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email