MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

new levers

new levers (2) - Forums [Biker Match] new levers (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

new levers

Very funny DnS, I was getting hopeful there! My Bonnie levers are adjustable, but even on closest setting it's a juster.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 16/09/2010 21:24  

If you file down the pin that goes in to the hole in the adjuster wheel you can get the lever closer. you will still need a new adjustable clutch lever as the Yamaha one is non adjustable. You could always have more free play on the clutch to bring it nearer to the bars, just make sure it doesn't drag, especially at lights and junctions but you should be in neutral anyway if stationary for long .

Update Reply
yamahama @ 16/09/2010 22:48  

Having Driven Chinese cars I wouldn't touch anything they had cast or machined. They just can't do strong metal. Julie, the bikes not the problem, the longer you are on a sports bike the more your arms get pumped up and the harder it is to operate levers, Short levers are ok for track days but need more squeeze to work ( its all fulcrums n than innit) Just look for some adjustable yamaha levers that will fit at the standard length.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 17/09/2010 08:23  

thanks ghosty, the issue is that i would like the gap between the levers and the bars to be smaller,so Ithink that i need the levers with a dog leg in them not bothered about the length of the levers, think that is fine as it is, I feel am doing ok with being quite relaxed on the bike generally,I`ve just got ickle girly hands!

Update Reply
julie j @ 17/09/2010 18:34  

You got it

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 17/09/2010 19:18  

I fitted Pazzo to my BM made a huge diferance. My fingers got sore after a while with the origional Levers but could ride all day using the Pazzo would def recomend.

Resale value is quite good so after two years they only cost me £40

Update Reply
micksaway @ 17/09/2010 23:02  

short levers aren't any harder to pull, you're just using less fingers so sometimes they take getting use to. Short levers can help with control because you can keep hold of the bars with two fingers.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 18/09/2010 23:09  

*short levers aren't any harder to pull*

That's got to be in contradiction to the laws of physics and leverage yamahama!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/09/2010 15:13  

with longer levers fitted, you still pull the lever in the centre not right out by the end of the lever so both levers take a similar amout of force to pull. with short levers your just removing a bit on the outside you dont use.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/09/2010 15:42  

That depends on the size of your hands Phil surely. My little finger is right next to the ball so my fingers fill the whole lever, standard ones too!

Shorter levers would mean less fingers for me personally and harder to pull

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/09/2010 16:10  

Whats brakes ?

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 19/09/2010 19:39  

Other end of the bars from the clutch Drift

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/09/2010 19:42  

the brake is something completely mental that i dare not touch since doing a little stoppie in front of a police car!

Update Reply
julie j @ 19/09/2010 21:35  

Longer levers gives you more options for position of your hands, if you can keep moving your hands around there's less chance of pain in your hands or your fingers stiffening up on a long ride, it's got to be better

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 20/09/2010 01:10  

I only use two fingers on the brake so whats the differance? I would only use two on the clutch but the lever gets in the way, I only use the clutch on down changes anyway.
I'm not promoting short levers, they are an option. If people get on with them, use them, if not don't.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 20/09/2010 20:31  

my leaver hits the bar when i use it is that bad ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 20/09/2010 20:33  

If it's the clutch no

Update Reply
yamahama @ 20/09/2010 20:38  

Don't know if you've got anywhere with this help JJ, if so can you let me know? It doesn't matter about the levers being short, cos with little hands you can only just reach at the nearest bit so having long levers doesn't give you any room to jiggle your hands about as they splay out towards the end and we can't reach there. Yammy, knowing you, I'm sure your advice is useful, so can you explain a bit better cos I haven't got a clue what you mean. But, for information, can you just get levers that have a kink in them so they are nearer to the bars? Cos I only just have my fingertips on my levers at the nearest part, and they are adjustable and on the nearest setting.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 20/09/2010 23:58  

A set of dog leg levers with a deeper step/bend in them should do the job. You'll have to go to a dealers though, and check the different brands side by side, to judge which ones would suit better then the originals.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 21/09/2010 03:03  

the best solution seems to be to get the dog leg levers, i may not need them to be adustable just closer to the bars, i need to get hold of some and lay them on top just to see how much difference they will make, but ive got a few things that need doing, so need to prioritise, just got the service record out and it seems the bike has only ever had oil changes and never a service so i need to look into that then get the suspension set up right so levers may take a week or two, they are a lot more expensive than i thought they would be,dont know why that is?

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/09/2010 21:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email