MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Forum Vs Chatroom

Forum Vs Chatroom (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Forum Vs Chatroom (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Forum Vs Chatroom

Oops, soz, HIS profile

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/04/2007 07:57  

shes a he , and was just going over way will need coffee when over other side of town

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2007 07:58  

he hasn't been deleted he's gone to rivvy

Update Reply
Di @ 22/04/2007 08:03  

not going over to the bike shop by him then

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2007 08:06  

ninja,i dont have a bike or a lisence,duz that mean i have to leave??

Update Reply
witchiest @ 22/04/2007 14:08  

no cause it dont wichest hun cause i got one nor has bp, or storm and we still here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
RC @ 22/04/2007 14:18  

you lot are stuck on with super glue xx

Update Reply
Di @ 22/04/2007 14:46  

she says di lmao

Update Reply
RC @ 22/04/2007 15:06  

woz you puttin ya leather thong on ninja 2ws you dissapoint me !!!!! you are the one who stared the post "anyone having house renovations" for fecks sake what has that got to do with bikes !!!!! and on your new site you have forums too and not all your topics have been bike related either in fact about 3% if that !! im not havin a dig 2ws as you are rentitled to put your own views forward as much as the rest of us, but please be aware that you are a valued contributer to the forums and you do not talk about dating, bikes, etc. an ninja is sooooo right about the description of the site, and since all this has started up again the boards have become a bit prickly and slightly unapproachable im not sure to reply or not in case its classed as drivvle !!! and that will put new comers off more. i cant speak for anyone else on here but i like hearing how peeps days have been and if the weathers shit/good and being said hello to when ive just popped on the boards for ten !!! i like listening to people and where they have been its like havin extra mates just spread out more !! and being there when someones havin a shit day cos when they read the messages and hugs they get it helps in some way. chat i find akward and havent got a big enough gob to keep a one and one convo on the go cos thats in real time the boards are past tense and less in timidating to me but if more than 4/5 in i cant keep up with it and go soz about the essay blame 2ws for it, ya wont get a coffee when ya down this weekend mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an no i havent got a bike aand i dont want a bike either and im not embarresed to say this as i came on here to make friends and i have some good ones both old and new

Update Reply
storm @ 22/04/2007 16:59  

yes storm totally agree dont think a lot of peeps wud bother on these forums if they just chatted engines n stuff, we all write on these forums and have a lff its fun reading wot others have put, and no im not having a ago at anyone , when u go in chat n theres no one there u dont wanna hang about but on here u leave a post knowin that sum one will reply at sumpiont, i have been very grateful to these topics lately i have had a shit time n lots of peeps have left me messages which have supported me n helped me thru , if anyof u dont like any of the topics then dont bloody write in then simple as, instead of writing in them then whinging about it after , most of us have made dear freinds on here if we aint aloowed to banter then a lot of people are gunna go x

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 22/04/2007 17:17  

THANK YOU STORM u seem to see i was not having a go at people with out bikes , i said i could ,but im not so petty .biggest pack of rolos i can find for u on saturday.if i,m still welcome? dropped my ninja today , boo,boo if i need to talk about bikes i go on a bike site

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2007 18:28  

is that a new name for trousers ?????? was ya hurt ?? if not at least bike can be mended thats all that matters. i went to matlock bath wiv rc, bwb, liam, an jak had a top time but couldnt get on the ruddy swings for kids !!!! should be a law stating that if an adult is wantin a go they have to sod off them !!!!!!!!!!!!! why wouldn't ya still be welcome ninja we are all entitled to an opinion and we all see things so differently to the next peson logging on, just cos peeps dont always agrree dont mean they cant all get on, its what makes the world tick

Update Reply
storm @ 22/04/2007 18:36  

no damage ,just my bacpulled a bit trying not to let it drop to hard . on the good side went on st georges parade in brum down to henley in arden ,and got to ride out in front with police , blue lights going and sirens so we could get to henley first to open the gates real cool

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2007 18:42  

SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE BORED!! Matt, here is my tuppence worth; I generally like the forums as they are. Oh sure, I could do without the, "WWWWWHHHHHOOOOOO"'s, but I have found, speaking as a realatively new member, that they reflect the warmth of the people on this site. Check out some of the sterile forums on other sites, bbrrrr. I don't know RC from Eve, but I am trying to rearrange my schedule so that I can go to her b'day bash, (don't tell her, it's a secret), and meet lot's of other BM people. I don't think we are clicky. I see the site as a bit like a pub; either you have joi de vivre and jump in, like me, or you don't. Either way, it is not our responsibility. I work odd hours, (see this post's timing), and the forums let me catch up with what has been happening to people when I get back from my day/s away from my PC. The chatroom is fab, when there are people in it. However, it is very ephemeral, I can't catch up with a conversation, nor can I catch up with someone who has already left. Having said that, for those that have a two finger technique, (like me ), I use an IBM via-voice system, (cost's about £10), which I'm using now. It enables you to dictate directly into the post/chat window. So buy one now!! You know who you are are!! Matt, I understand your point about storage, but you are storing posts from 2006. Maybe the system could be changed so that posts are stored for a maximum time. Then it is encumbent on the poster to bump any inportant posts to the top of the lists. Alternatively, you could put a "Domestic s**t" button between 'Browse' and 'Events' . There you go, that's my tuppence worth. I guess, like the rest of the people on this site, I have no idea of the amount of work it takes to maintain. I just know that I'm really grateful for the extraordinate amount of work you do so that I can witter on at length. Cheers Matt p.s. can I buy you a beer?

Update Reply
Redreynard @ 22/04/2007 21:25  

red ya got it in one mate !!!!! love the description about it being like a pub and yep your so right again its good to read back a few posts an see what everyones been up to like a sense of belonging. i dont think we are clicky either because the new peeps on here are made as welcome as an oldie and its their choice to join in as much or as little as they want, for some the site wont be right for them and thats fine too. hope to see ya at rcs b day do thingy so try an get something sorted !!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 23/04/2007 04:13  

yeah come to my party even though u said it was a secret lol be great to have u there .

Update Reply
RC @ 23/04/2007 04:41  

And here's my experience just now in the chatroom: In I went and there were 4 blokes in there, deep in conversation and not one of 'em said hi, good morning, nothing, so I left ( I was there for a good 5 mins ). Somedays it's good, somedays not so and now I need another cuppa.

Update Reply
Di @ 23/04/2007 05:46  

i often get that in chat too sum peeps can b dead ignorant i always say hello to those that cum in and i dont know alf of them i may b loud mouth but im polite too and try to be freindley even with those that have got my back up and there has been quite a few of those ,as im aware sum peeps on here aint keen on me but i dont giv a toss lol its still polite to say hello !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for evryone on here a big wwoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo and yeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa even to the ones who dont apreciate them lol

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 23/04/2007 08:36  

yep now what u mean we always say helloooooooooooooooo to everyone, but they dont want to talk to us for some reson lol boooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo and yyyyyyeehhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa n a wooohooooooo to lol

Update Reply
RC @ 23/04/2007 09:28  

Diane: when I was in the chat room yesterday it showed me as in there but I couldn't actually communicate with the others, (the screen shrunk) Maybe the lads who were in were having the same problem as me when you were in? Fair enough seems a bit of a coincidence that ALL of em would be but maybe they did respond and it didn't show up on your screen. I mean if it's playing up in one way it could play up in another yea? Also I did find it quite difficult to read the text as it seems to be a bit small, and that's with me glasses on. Yup, my screen is the correct resolution so it aint that and I have no problem with other chat roms/forums. Everyone's text, in the chat room, is mainly the same colour so it can get a bit difficult to keep up with who said what. A J

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/04/2007 09:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email