MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Accounts being banned

Accounts being banned - Forums [Biker Match] Accounts being banned - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Accounts being banned

Ok, I'm sick to death of spending every hour God sends (Like my friday and saturday nights, and easter sunday, etc) writing PMs to idiots who think the rules don't apply to them! You CANNOT include your email address or phone number in your profile, BECAUSE I AM SICK OF PEOPLE EMAILING ME MOANING THAT THEY'RE RECEIVING DEATH THREATS FROM SOMEONE'S PARTNER! I'm not being responsible for looking after you if you give your phone number to someone, and then get death threats from their actual partner. So, from now on, and to cover any legal problems etc... To protect you from others, if you include your email address or phone number, your account will be permanently banned! No exceptions anymore! The same applies to those who put a message in their profile saying "I'm a tight arse and I'm not subscribing, so PM me your phone number or email address and I'll get in touch". You know who you are and I see that as someone looking to cause trouble for others. Needless to say that I want a bloody break, so stop causing work for me by breaking the rules. Do it now and you will have your account disabled. Create a new account and do it again, and your IP address will be banned from even accessing the site. Hope that my friends here, and loyal members, will agree that the above needs to be done now. Relevant pages have been updated to include warnings.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/04/2007 18:49  

oooo cripes mate!!!! If that's wot you gotta do then that's wot you gotta do but just so peeps understand, ie: I've been pm ing someone and it gets to the point i wanna swop email or phone numbers i can yeah?

Update Reply
Di @ 13/04/2007 19:04  

Suppose so if you have spent long enough getting to know them, but remember that I can't help if the person you are talking to is involved with someone else and they get hold of your contact details. Communicating via BM gives you the option to block people, whereas if your phone number gets out then I can't help you. Though some people think I can! I'm only saying this because it has happened a few times in BikerMatch's short history.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/04/2007 19:22  

Matt, some people obviously think you are God and can be all seeing and all knowing lol. As they are adults then they should know the risks. If you have made the rules plain enough then the rest is history as they say lol. Not your problem if you tell them the rules.

Update Reply
Di @ 13/04/2007 19:40  

Someone who understands, lol.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/04/2007 19:44  

Don't worry hun. I'm sick of arse....s too

Update Reply
Di @ 13/04/2007 20:01  

I totally agree with that one too I hate all the arse****s as well

Update Reply
Mazza @ 13/04/2007 20:07  

Update Reply
Di @ 13/04/2007 20:15  

this sort of thing does make me smile.....surely this was set up for ppl who have 1 overriding thing in common - BIKES yes or no ? there are plenty of secret shag site around, use them !!

Update Reply
flangemuck @ 13/04/2007 20:21  

totally agree with you Matt tho I personaly havent had any aggro from any one myself that has my addy or phone number I can see how some may of tho & if ppl are on here & they have a partner already then it them their partner should be shouting at really if they've lead the other person to believe their single

Update Reply
Oggy @ 13/04/2007 20:33  

There are flange??? Got any links??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2007 20:39  

of course, why do u think ime always happy ?

Update Reply
flangemuck @ 13/04/2007 20:43  

Yes, the previous cases have been were individuals have been mislead into thinking they are meeting a nice single person. As it transpires, the person isn't single at all. The mobile phone records and txt get dug up and before you know it theres a 3rd World War! Then immediately I am contacted to complain about the member who mislead in the first place, and also to take action. But what can I do? I can't go through everyone's profiles sending them all a message saying "Are you suuuure your single? hmmm?" lol. You get the point. So as an easy alternative, and to ensure that no legal action gets taken against me... no email addresses or phone numbers in profiles (Or blanket PMs sent to 600 people!). I'm a reasonable guy, and I know there are legitimate reasons for swapping details... and you all know I'd never through the rule book at any long standing members who are genuinely trying to meet someone. Or if you are arranging a ride out, and need to give your mob number to someone... then it's fine, as long as theres good reason for it and you all know the consequences of your own actions (just please don't look at me when things go wrong haha).

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/04/2007 21:31  

I agree give poor Matt a break and not a meltdown!

Update Reply
Witchs_promise @ 13/04/2007 22:41  

awwww matt fancy spendind easter sort out comp probs well at least your intake of eggs will be nil !!!! i agree totally with what your saying mate, but i have wondered how people on here move their contact forward to meet up away from the site if ya cant give addys or numbers to each other, is it done by telepathy ?? also how many of the peeps on here have read the rules thoroughly, cos most peeps i know dont read instructions etc they just jump in and have a go, so sometimes i think the mistake may be genuine due to the fact the rules have not bben read, cant you pin a topic at the top of the bords an put what you did in this one an in big letters put read before you post or get booted !!!! lol there are a few ive noticed on here that have put there in a relationship but looking for the relish on the side an good on them for being honest about it, but i do think your right to try an protect yourself o this one and cut the work load down, if they know the rules and they get hassled an hurt by not stickin to them then thats their prob no one elses. as for leading people on when there not single thats life and it can happen anywhere not just on here if thats what they intend to do then they will no matter what

Update Reply
storm @ 14/04/2007 04:01  

matt, can i make a suggestion? just to help us lot that are single and looking. Is it possible to do a multiply choice thing on the relationship status, so that you can pic the availables and not the unavailables, at the moment if you tick single, you leave out the widowers/divorced/separted etc But i agree about the trolls ...... i cant stand dishonesty, and cheats!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/04/2007 04:11  

agree wiv all above. if sum1 in relationship sez they single,they deserve all the problems they get but it is their problem. anyone who puts email add in profile doesnt get a look in from me personally,cos i think it very unfair to all us subscribers who go through the right channels!! matt,try and chill,catch up on some choccy munching,we're all adults and responsible for our own mistakes and actions!! xxxx

Update Reply
witchiest @ 14/04/2007 04:21  

Good morning Jen x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2007 04:27  

good morning cobra. how are u 2day?

Update Reply
witchiest @ 14/04/2007 04:34  

Im fine has Di rang you yet?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2007 04:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email