MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Women Riders on the Increase

Women Riders on the Increase (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Women Riders on the Increase (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Women Riders on the Increase

Oldest Nun joke in the book.

Two Nuns riding their bicycles down a cobbled street. One turns to the other and says "I've never come this way before."

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/09/2010 07:21  

Two nuns sharing a bath, one says 'Where's the soap?' the other replies, 'it does, yes'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/09/2010 08:10  

geoff what are you on about well turned out bikes??? Im sure you moved house cos of the muck and filth mine left on your driveway!

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/09/2010 13:59  

"Ooooh LRGTR - you're brave"!

You say that Roachy, but I'm currently crouched behind the screen with tin helmet on (Properly secured.) watching out for incoming!!!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 15/09/2010 15:55  

It's the best thing I've done in ages - passing my Mod 1 & 2. No feelin' like it........well, maybe.......... Liz

Update Reply
Ebbsy1 @ 30/09/2010 18:34  

Well I am suprised so many men like to see lady bikers lol..... I just love the freedom of it.... and also cus my ex never let me near one, so after the split - bike was in the garage after a week !! yee ha!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 30/09/2010 19:18  

Ladies in leather and you're suprised?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 30/09/2010 21:56  

the more lady bikers the better, our roads are safer, coz they cant put makeup on while ridin, tee hee hee

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2010 23:15  

Women riders on the increase???

Good ............. should drive the prices down, sick of paying extortionate prices on those web sites and phone lines and then meeting them.

Damm did I say that out loud???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2010 00:33  

Don't fret Andy, once they read your comments they will probably give you a wide swerve, that should save you loadsa money ~~~~~~~ PML @ Brumax comment re: make up

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/10/2010 07:02  

"geoff what are you on about well turned out bikes??? Im sure you moved house cos of the muck and filth mine left on your driveway!"

Hmm ... good point there from Julie "I'd forgotten my wheels were silver" J!

I did say women tend to have well turned out bikes lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/10/2010 09:26  

ha ha ha I`d forgotten I`d said that! but of course i am a reformed character now as you have seen

Update Reply
julie j @ 09/10/2010 15:45  

Thats great, there's only one other female biker where I go to train, and everyone is way way bigger than me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2010 12:29  

I'm always amazed at how many women say they have been riding/passed their test for 25-30 years.

It was very rare that I ever saw a woman on a bike 25-30 years ago, in fact only ever saw three, one had a xs650 and the other two were together and turned up at a rally on 125's (they got loads of attention )

How come they have suddenly came out of the closet these days????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2010 19:31  

I know of loads of women that ride - the problem I find is that they only ride with their partner, or ride a few miles on weekends to a rally or on a ride out with mates or partner. I have yet to find another female who rides long distances solo or willing to ride long distances and/or ride into the unknown and take on new challenges

Update Reply
Gyps @ 23/12/2010 20:16  

I grew up around bikes, my Dad always had one and i was riding it with him since i was old enough to sit up on my own (yes seriously!). I have always been more interested in bikes & cars than dolls & make up so when i was 16 i begged for a bike of my own, saved up and after much persuading and agreeing to buy whatever Dad chose for me i got my first bike, a used bright yellow Honda Melody 50cc scooter. It was slower than a kid on a BMX but i loved it, even if the other requirement was wearing a full hi-vis suit whilst riding (yeah Dad thought it would put me off with the shame). When i was 17 i wanted to get a geared bike but after ructions with Dad i gave up and passed my driving test instead, opting for 4 wheels and a quieter life. Last year at 34 i suddenly felt the overwhelming urge for 2 wheels again and a "proper" bike that i rode instead of sit on. I thought my partner would think i was having a mid-life crisis but after 5 minutes browsing Ebay i found my bike, a 125 cheap chinese cruiser and my partner bought it for me. Took my CBT 2 weeks after getting the bike and i was in heaven. I used this bike to do all the shopping, go to rallies and visit friends way up north and i always went alone riding upto 120 miles in a day on L-Plates. 12 months later and i wanted and felt ready to go the DAS route, saved up some serious pennies and started looking for training schools. A mate in Yorkshire wanted to do his as well then my partner joined in so all 3 of us went to Blackburn for a 3 day course. Part of my funding for my DAS was the sale of my beloved 125 which i rode to Preston and sold the day before my training started. I had already bought a bigger bike, Kawasaki Eliminator, so if i failed now i had no wheels at all. I was the only female at the training school but i didn't care, i even beat the boys at the slow control excercises which gave me confidence and the 1st week in September 2010 i got my full licence! I am actually very shy and wouldn't go to any meets where i didn't know anyone, or speak to anyone i didn't know, but getting a big bike has given me that confidence and i often now go to bike meet ups and rideouts on my own. i kinda feel worthy of talking to someone now LOL. (Partner failed his MOD2 so until he re-takes next year i am still solo riding). The best part of all was i didn't tell my Dad i was taking my CBT til i turned up at his on my 125, he loved it and after 14 years off a bike he had a quick go on mine, he grinned like a Cheshire cat. It seemed a good idea to not tell him about my DAS or big bike either so when i passed and took my Eliminator over he was really proud of me. My Dad passed away suddenly in November and it means a lot knowing how pleased he was that i'd passed the full licence and also rekindled his love of biking too.

Update Reply
Shazza75 @ 24/12/2010 08:49  

Thanks for that post shazza. am thinking about having a go at learning to ride a bike in the new year as it is something i have wanted to do for a long time but my ex hated bikes and only interested in cars. was wondering if am a little too old to start now and dont have a lot of confidence but reading your post has made me think i should go for it, am quite shy too until i get to know people so it is a good way of meeting others and i suppose once you have achieved it a few times it gets less scary lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2010 09:08  

Do it Snowdove! Biking has given me a lot of confidence that i can do stuff instead of just dreaming about it. Whether you are riding along by yourself or turning up alone at a place with a load of bikers, once you get those nods and smiles as you ride past and return a nod or park your bike to go get a brew it's like nothing you have ever felt, I still get a buzz starting my bike up just to go to the shops. Even more so when you see people admiring your bike or coming over to talk about it. The first rally i went to, BMF May 2010, i was meeting a load of forum friends for the first time I went alone 93 miles on my 125 and made myself ill with nerves but once i got there i had a fantastic time and couldn't wait to do it again. I managed 2 more rallies this year and next year am planning on charity runs as well as rallies, just got my entry in for the Ride of respect as well (going alone). I never want to look back and wish i had done something that i am now not able to, so i say, live for today as we never know what tomorrow will bring, have no regrets.

Update Reply
Shazza75 @ 24/12/2010 09:31  

good if hey do do only women riders but its not something that apeals to me. It don't matter if male of female - a bker is a biker and a friend is a friend - I'm with the whistlestop bike club and there are some fantastic people in there - male and female. Brill club - luv ya !! x

Update Reply
fem-cbf6 @ 24/12/2010 11:28  

Funny you should mention that Shadow, cos' i thinking the same thing, i've been riding 33 years this year and I don't remember any girl's who had bikes back then.. Stopped to help a girl in south london on a fizzie once in about 1981/82 when i was despatching, but thats about it... But it's good news perhaps we'll see a few more Boxhill way this coming summer then

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/12/2010 19:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email