MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Women Riders on the Increase

Women Riders on the Increase (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Women Riders on the Increase (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Women Riders on the Increase

its so tempting to..... ahhh nooo I dare not .....never mind......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 18:32  

I think it's great to have more women on bikes, but I soon noticed that men wouldn't nod back at me when I was on my bike.
Then I have had 2 bikes stolen, last one was near the corner at Squires in Leeds when I crashed. I went back after getting out of hospitaland it was gone! I'd give anything to have it back with no questions asked! I hope who ever stole it realises that it not only cost me with the insurance but I was also gutted in general and I really miss my bike.

Update Reply
kittyhawk @ 07/09/2010 21:20  

crap they're taking over. I knew this day would come

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/09/2010 21:25  

ah the penny drops!

Update Reply
kittyhawk @ 07/09/2010 21:37  

lol been to southport myself a few times but never see anyone i know unless i go with someone i know if you know what i mean lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 07/09/2010 21:55  

Ah I don't think the fact that your female has anything to do with people not nodding..... I get a lot of bikes in Cornwall in Summer and for some reason this year more than others the curteous nod is not returned....but sometimes they maybe concentrating on other things or just after many miles away with the fairies lol..... I still nod anyway................and it makes no difference if the rider has got bumps or not

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 21:58  

lol i like getting nods and giving nods (sounds abit dodgy) but in scotland they wave which is nice

I was respinding to another posting about not seeing many women but most people call me mate anyway til they realise i do have bumbs lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 07/09/2010 22:05  

lol @earthwind......you have bumbs......but where are your bumps lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 23:36  

ahhh now that would be telling lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 07/09/2010 23:43  

I shall soon B joining the buzomed hordes.Just passed me theory & hoping 2 bring the practical 4ward 2 late sept or oct.Cannot wait -EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 23:50  

There trying to take over the world....run for your lives lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 23:58  

Yes earthwind tell us

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2010 21:42  

Great to see, but surely it's easier to apply makeup while your driving a car.
So what's the attraction ladies?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 14/09/2010 13:54  

Ooooh LRGTR - you're brave! What's the attraction with riding? I'm not sure I can put it into words - I just love doing it.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 14/09/2010 18:21  

So what's the attraction ladies?

Maybe its cos on our own bikes we go the way we want to & there is no arguing over directions or the way your reading the map

Ian for years tried to get me to do my test & now I have its the best thing I ever did, the freedom of doing 1000 miles to the French coast in 2 days, seeing things from a different angle, getting the nods here or the waves abroad that you know mean hi how ya doing stay safe, if it wasn't for the muppets in cars that don't look where they are going it would be perfect, even in the rain!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/09/2010 19:20  

I have noticed an increasing number of people turning to bikes for commuting and a high percentage of these seem to be ladies.

In the last few weeks I've spotted another two commuting by bike, a lady on a Honda Hornet who I've seen several times and most recently another on L plates on a Suzuki GN125 looking terrified on potentially her first outing into Leeds' rush hour traffic. She seemed to look a bit better after I said hello.

I think it's brilliant personally.

For starters I can see ways in which it can improve our reputation no end. Any naive numpty can write off a guy on a bike as another greasy, useless, waste of space biker! But ladies tend to wear good quality gear and have smartly turned out bikes, which all in all offers a more "professional" image I feel, male or female.

And women seem more inclined to get proper training. Which is a good thing. I believe everyone should look to getting good quality advanced tuition, but I have known many, many male biker friends with a lot of experience, who have never taken any training (after passing their test). And a lot are very good, safe, smooth riders ... but a lot are not. But I don't know that many women riders who either haven't or aren't planning on advanced training.

So the more women taking to two wheels, then theoretically the greater percent of riders who have had training. This again improves our reputation (mainly because you can tell an advanced rider in my opinion) as well as hopefully reducing our accident statistics.

So keep it up girls. You all have a big thumbs up from me.

(That sounds wrong lol, but you know what I mean.)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 14/09/2010 20:40  

pmsl @ Geoff So keep it up girls. You all have a big thumbs up from me. (That sounds wrong lol, but you know what I mean.) Yes it does sound wrong mate.....and we all know what you mean..... but I still can't stop giggling like a 10 year old

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2010 21:08  

LTGTR 'So what's the attraction ladies?' I can see the attraction for the ladies more so than men, epecially on cobbled roads. They're a bugger to find though

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 14/09/2010 23:13  

ROFL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/09/2010 23:20  

Try the rubble strips on the edge of main roads Gypsy some of the girls on here said they were brilliant think about 40 was the best speed

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/09/2010 01:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email