MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Solution to disabled profiles issue

Solution to disabled profiles issue - Forums [Biker Match] Solution to disabled profiles issue - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Solution to disabled profiles issue

As we all know, people aren't happy to have their profile viewed by others who have their own disabled. Therefore, I have a proposed solution... what do you all think about being able to view any profile that has viewed your own within the past 14 days??? So even if someone's profile is disabled, by accessing yours they will give you access to their own. Thoughts?

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/07/2010 13:21  

Thumbs up from me boss ...

I agree that if you look at someone's profile & you don't want them to see you then disable that feature so that no one knows you have looked at them, however looking then disabling their profile ... I agree it is a bit freaky

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/07/2010 13:32  

Yes from me Matt, T Y

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2010 13:34  

Thank you Mat, it's a big YES by me, i was just about to start another topic about this, so pleaseeeeeeeeeeee do it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/07/2010 13:56  

I don't care But if others want it I don't mind

Update Reply
GT63 @ 24/07/2010 14:07  

Jeez I think some people are just plain paranoid. Can't see what all the fuss is over to be honest. If you think it will make anything better then go ahead Matt, but personally I think its a waste of your time and effort. Get a grip people.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 24/07/2010 14:16  

I aint upset or paranoid or lost me grip lol I want to see who has been looking at my profile, if they don't want me to know they've been looking they should enable their 'cloaking' option. Simples

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2010 14:26  

I agree kwak , tho it does not bother me, I think its a case of what you dont know ... If someone has profile logging disabled & you dont know they are looking at you its different than knowing someone is constantly looking at you & then hiding themselves ... there is one peoson who used to do it to me, doesnt bother me , but I can understand how it would worry some women

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/07/2010 14:32  

As a fella it dont realy bother me that much, but for female members who could have a (troubled past shall we say) it could be very worrying if it's happening to them so I think its a good idea

Update Reply
JP @ 24/07/2010 14:39  

I don't mind either way, I view loads of profiles for various reasons, mostly because I click on the wrong thing by accident in a forum lol. I think it's a good idea though for newbies who just come in to snoop and then disappear.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2010 14:43  

I will now show up on folks profiles as a stalker, cos 1) I've got a memory like a sieve when it comes to member names 2) I'm a nosey git and love looking at other folks' photos 3) I've got a memory like a sieve

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2010 15:00  

The thing I find strange is that you can access most of the profile not being logged in, which doesn't leave your calling card... now people looking at you and you not knowing is possibly more disconcerting that knowing you have been checked out... after all it is a meat market out there.. & <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Tezzzer @ 24/07/2010 15:12  

Eh? How can us 'NOT knowing' bother us?

What we don't know don't hurt us, init?

Mm not sure I like being called 'meat'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2010 15:14  

I think it's more the fact you can do it... than not knowing

Update Reply
Tezzzer @ 24/07/2010 15:15  

If you look at a profile when not logged in tho .. you only get limited info ...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/07/2010 15:25  

The only things you don't get are access to the photos and what events that person might be going on, at least thats my understanding of it.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 24/07/2010 17:58  

therefore restricting what someone can see about you... come on guys , as JP said some women have a history that would make them nervous to have someone looking at them & make them feel like they were being spied on.

I myself went through a very nasty messy divorce 20 years ago & fled my ex husband, for 3 years no one not even my mother knew where I was (ok yes I know if it was now I would have flattened him) but it would have scared me silly to think that someone was watching what I was doing & I could not see who it was.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/07/2010 18:52  

Sounds good to me Matt, even though I'm not that fussed about who looks I do find it a bit disconcerting when someone looks at your profile 8 times in a couple of hours and then you click on them to find they have a disabled profile.

Much better than restricting everything they can do because there profile is disabled but then gives them the knowledge that the person they view can see them as well, if you just want a bit of a break and still want to chat to friends it works well but stops the hide n view people.

Update Reply
insanedj @ 24/07/2010 21:46  

Well if you have had a stalker you will understand why you don't like anyone snooping but hiding guys, its a public forum yes...so why hide in a public forum......if anything its just bad manners isn't it...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2010 21:53  

Thats what I thought more than anything johnnytb. I'm sorry I didn't think of it in the extreme like your circumstances sv. Apologies

Update Reply
DG99 @ 24/07/2010 22:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email