MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Solution to disabled profiles issue

Solution to disabled profiles issue (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Solution to disabled profiles issue (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Solution to disabled profiles issue

dont forget that profiles are partially public, so people can see your basic profile info without even logging in. So just imagine you didn't even see that they have viewed you and you wont be so annoyed by them

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 18:16  

What happens if you've disabled logging?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 18:19  

it still logs your views but neither you nor the person you're viewing can see your views. Only I can get the views out of the database (should the need arise - like a security breach).

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 18:20  

Ah right, so it's only those have still have logging enabled.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 18:23  

Oh sorry sorry... erm, no... you can view those who view you whilst they have logging disabled. There's still a view logged in the system and that's what gets checked (where the 'view' is marked as 'visible' or not)

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 19:10  

I'm confused. So if you view a profile, regardless of whether you have logging disabled or your profile disabled then the person you have viewed..can then view you? Doesn't that make disabling logging uselss or am I missing something really obvious?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 19:34  

disabling logging stops people from seeing that you've viewed them. BUT - they will still be able to access your profile even if it's disabled because you HAVE viewed them (and the server KNOWS you've viewed them, but THEY don't).

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 19:59  

Test it on Geoff. Between you disable your profiles and experiment. Or a friend you've not viewed already

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 20:00  

Ok, I understand what you're saying about how they can because you have but they won't know so they're none the wiser. However..tested it out. Tried it with Geoff and a friend. One has logging disabled, the other doesn't. Both viewed me (can only see the one that has viewing logged) and then disabled their profiles and I couldn't see either of their profiles. It wasn't me, I didn't break it!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 20:37  

you broke it! lol. I'm busy working on the server crashes at the moment... remind me on monday and i'll do some tests with your account to figure it out.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 21:26  

if they can look at us its only fair we can look back at them - thumbs up here - wtg

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 10/09/2010 21:31  

yep...agree with photo...there's someone viewing me who has disabled their profile...i'm so nosey it does bug me that i can't see who he is!!!!

Update Reply
violetinferno @ 10/09/2010 22:54  

Does it bother people if they don't know someone has looked, if they're not logged in at all or have the logging disabled? Is ignorance bliss? I didn't break it - honest!!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 23:02  

Personally I couldn't give a toss who looks at my profile. I've put it on the most public place in the world so why would I be concerned about whose looking??

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 10/09/2010 23:13  

violet, please send me the username who you can't view.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/09/2010 23:55  

I use my cloaking facility (posh way of saying I've disabled it) not so folk don't know it's me looking but cos I have a crud memory and often view profiles several times, folk will think I'm stalking them but I aint, I'm also very nosey and love looking at folks' photos.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/09/2010 03:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email