MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Solution to disabled profiles issue

Solution to disabled profiles issue (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Solution to disabled profiles issue (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Solution to disabled profiles issue

No probs hon, it's hard to think of people in that situation if you have not seen it or been in it first hand, and ita difficult to start to have a life again after ... Thankfully I know not all men are like that and mp p and I are very happy ... Not all men are arse****

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/07/2010 22:28  

Johnny says it all. Please go for it Matt.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 25/07/2010 00:39  

don't think this is about people who are not bothered, there's no need for them to post on here, it's about if you want people to be able to view you and then stop you viewing them, why anyone should want people to be able view there profile then stop you viewing them, i just don't understand

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/07/2010 00:56  

I've just got back from the Dalesman Rally and picked up this thread. Yes, Matt, I like your proposal so make it so.

As for whether people should get a grip over this business of people looking at profiles or even sending nods and then disabling their profiles. I personally find it irritating and RUDE! The internet seems to encourage rudeness so anything that can be done to teach such people some manners is a good thing in my book.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 25/07/2010 23:02  

From my point of view it doesnt bother me 1 way or the other, but it obviously would make other folk feel easier about it so YEP thumbs up from me Boss Man

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/07/2010 09:43  

yes i wanna know if aliens or the fbi have been spying on me!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 02/08/2010 21:00  

Cmon Matt !! I've been viewed 8 times by a "disabled profile" this week...... it's not fair!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 02/08/2010 22:26  

For me I say YES. If people don't want to be looked at why are they looking at others, and why are they even on the site.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 02/08/2010 22:28  

Sorry this change wont be made until 12th August for reasons I can't disclose at the moment. No changes will be made to the site until then with regards to code changes etc. Also, please stop with the comments about "not all men are arseholes" etc, as I personally find it very sexist to always assume it's men that are like that. I too have had years of trouble from an ex-girlfriend, who stalked, harrassed and sent me death threats (knowing what her family we like you'd know she wasn't joking either). After 3 years of that it really annoys me when people talk about "not all MEN are arseholes". If anyone is concerned that they're being viewed by someone not logging their profile views, please let me know. ALL PROFILE VIEWS are logged, even when you have logging disabled. It's just that the views aren't displayed if you have them set to disabled. I can always see them if you have concerns. When I make the changes I suggested above, you will be able to view profiles of people who view or nod you in the past 14 days only.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/08/2010 23:22  

Thanks Mat

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/08/2010 05:06  

This change has now been implemented

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/08/2010 23:29  

let me know if anyone has a problem, or if some profiles fail to load. I didn't get time to test the changes fully due to the server failure yesterday

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/08/2010 11:12  

Also added a check for Nods. So if someone nods at you, then you'll be able to view their profile. Please also remember that anyone with an ACCOUNT can view your profile, whether or not they've created a profile themselves. So if someone views you but you can't view them, it's because they haven't created a profile yet

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/08/2010 17:12  

Matt doesn't that kinda defeat the object? Isn't that what some folk are complaining about, folk who can view but can't be viewed?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/08/2010 18:52  

no, cos anyone can view your profile while NOT logged in just as they can when they ARE logged in. How can you view someone's profile if they've not got a profile? The changes I've made allow you to see the profile of people who nod or view you, even if they've disable their profile (as long as they HAVE a profile)

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/08/2010 19:19  

sounds good to me Mat. it;s a step in the right direction, lets see how it works. thanks

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 16/08/2010 19:52  

Think I've read this topic properly, but does this mean I should be able to see someone, who has viewed me, even if they have disabled their profile? Because if it is, that's not happening. I've had a few people look at my profile and when I've clicked on them, it tells me that
"This member does not exist, does not yet have a profile, or has disabled their profile."
Does it mean that none of them have a profile??
Help???

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 08/09/2010 22:36  

Hi Mandi it probable means they they don't have a profile but it could be that they have bean removed of the site, i know 1 or 2 have bean recently, so if they don't have a profile you can't look at it.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/09/2010 00:46  

indeed.... you can see DISABLE profiles from now on when someone has looked at you or nodded at you. BUT you can't view people if they don't HAVE a profile (or if we've removed the account completely)

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/09/2010 18:53  

Ok thanks for that Bill and Matt.
Just annoying when people keep looking at your profile and you can't see theirs!!!

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 10/09/2010 17:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email