MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Lakes BBQ ride out in September

Lakes BBQ  ride out in September (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Lakes BBQ  ride out in September (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Lakes BBQ ride out in September

Fancied this one then checked the diary and found out it is the same day as Ozzfest - so the Mighty Ozzy wins out I'm afraid....Barry

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 19/07/2010 10:17  

bump

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 20/07/2010 00:02  

think that this will be a goere for us MTM c u all there (i hope) will confirm nearer time bill planning a route in lakes ???????????????? is that a good idea ???? lol only jokin bill lol

Update Reply
bigned @ 20/07/2010 22:42  

Well, not 'IN' the Lakes hopefully, but round the outside of one or two would be nice. Mind you the amount of rain coming down tonight....ooeerr

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 20/07/2010 22:46  

found this on page 5 so brought it up

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/07/2010 01:23  

Gutted, I've just realised I am at my mates wedding this weekend so I can't come on the camping weekend. Oh well I am sure you guys will have fun.

John

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2010 08:00  

ya i would be up for it, coming from leicestershire though so will need to have place to crash. :-)

Update Reply
zinki @ 01/08/2010 21:15  

Can I just check.....Is this going to take in the Black Rat Run too? Ki & I are signed up for that and he has just mentioned about us taking in the BBQ too. Can someone please let me know........fanks x

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 02/08/2010 17:51  

Hi BL. No plans to take in the Black Rat run. We are working with Bill on planning a ride out that takes in some stunning Lake District scenery and roads. I think the run out from Catterick was mentioned at some point but Catterick is in the opposite direction to the Lakes if we leave from Kendal. It will also involve travelling across some of the roads we covered from Tan Hill last weekend. But if you have one of the later sunday afternoon time slots on the Black Rat run you could take in both if you wanted to.

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/08/2010 23:24  

Hi ya Minnie....I think that is what we are going to do. That way, we get to hook with every one So our names shall be added to this too Thanks for letting me know

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 03/08/2010 06:13  

found this on page 6

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/08/2010 05:02  

I'm going too !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2010 18:16  

Hi, I'd be up for this, plenty of great roads to ride. If you haven't done the five passes you should try 'em, awesome, my favourite is Honister pass then Kirkstone.

Update Reply
triple1 @ 16/08/2010 21:26  

Bill has been working on a route that takes in some brilliant roads. I think heading over in the Coniston, Langdale direction and possibly taking in Kirkstone. I don't think Honister is part of this run but hey, maybe we can do that next time!....there are just so many brilliant roads and fab views up here....too many to take in in one day. I can't wait. It's been years since I've been on a bike ride into the Lakes and it's soooo special

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/08/2010 09:02  

I did Honister Pass in the spring of this year and coming down the other side towards Buttermere I think it was, is breathtaking. Have to say my tractor struggled a couple of times lol

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 17/08/2010 18:42  

i know a great route round the lakes, it's 115miles takes in all the big pass's and most of the smaller ones, there will be some you did't even know was there, i'v done it on a pedal bike in under 9hours but the last group i took on motor bikes took almost 6 hours but we did have some long stops. It's not for this weekend but maybe on another weekend? thought it would need a full day in the lakes to do it.Travel up on the friday, ride it on the saturday, ride over to Hawes on the sunday and split to ride home. If Turtle's barn is available and we have a free weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/08/2010 04:29  

Sounds damn good to me....I think I may have to work my charms on Turtle . Hey Turtle's barn could become the new Devil's Bridge!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/08/2010 10:33  

I'd love to do this but got a spot booked for 11.30 at the Black Rat Run and not sure I'll get up early enough to pack and make it back on time going on my usual Sunday morning performance!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 18/08/2010 10:37  

Oh no Minnie, what will the neighbours think, I've already got a reputation ! ! Although I do a good bacon buttie.

Update Reply
Turtle20 @ 18/08/2010 13:14  

Sorry girls I won't manage to come along on the Saturday - have a great night and ride out on the Sunday

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/08/2010 20:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email