MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Job Loss

Job Loss (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Job Loss (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Job Loss

See thi in the dole then go for a pint after the pub opens at 7 30am.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2010 14:50  

Cheers Alex, BJ and Shell xxxx Phil..you're right about it being a growing club.. u just never think it's gonna happen to yasen eh? lol @ jp... cant u move and get another job?? hmmm mebbes not. ltgtr have u managed to get another job yet? unless ive got summat to go into, VR isnt an easy option. No Matt, not public sector, and yeh i guess more hours spent to keep an eye on the rif-raf...thats what i 'like' about this job tho..i can sneak on here. lol whf...yeh lots of time..but no money .. lol act.. si thi ont tarn all steps.. hope i get more than 50p n pocket fluff tho! ahh well it looks like i will either be in a lesser paid shit job..or out of work by the 14th July.. don't give me much time eh?

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/07/2010 14:59  

Kaz if needed i am sure we could have a whip round to get you there? what do the others think of that?serious thoughts only please.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 05/07/2010 15:04  

whf..thats a kind thought.. but so many people on here have already shown their kindness beyond bounds. Besides, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position.

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/07/2010 15:18  

Thats a bummer kaz sorry to here that,guess what im unemployed to

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 05/07/2010 15:23  

Hey Alex.. really? shit mate, when did that happen? ((hugs to you)) x

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/07/2010 15:24  

Kaz...ths has happend to me 3 times now, so I am thinking of adding to my CV as a Competencity!!!!!! It's a nasty situation to find yourself in and although ppl tell to try not to take it personal.....hell, we so do!!! A possitive attitude it paramount as it an up to date CV...if you need any help with that, please give me a shout. xxxxxx

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 05/07/2010 15:28  

Cheers Trish xxx Thats what im worried about.. the whole re-applying for jobs thing. I've been here 14 yrs.. inc 2 yrs on temp/agency contract, so i am totally out of touch with the interview process.. and to be honest it scares me to death They aint giving us much time either.. 5 July - announcement to staff on a 1:1 basis 7 July - further meeting with HoD and HR 9 July - expressions of interest in posts 12 July 9am - deadline for applications 12/13/14th July - Interviews Decisions will be made by the end of the day 14th July! Either.. welcome to your new post.. you minion.. or ..'on your way'

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/07/2010 15:38  

Kaz....just shout lady, and I shall do what I can to help.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 05/07/2010 15:40  

thanks

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/07/2010 15:49  

Sorry to hear about your job. Is your company going to offer guidance etc for those being made redundant ? They should help you with CV's, options etc. Speak to your job centre too regarding re-training. I suppose the small positive is you can maybe start a new career path if that is what you are looking to do. Good luck and hope you get sorted soon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2010 16:02  

Thanks Tink I dont think they will.. this is a pretty much common occurence. The restructures happen pretty much every other year or so. This is the 3rd time my postition has been threatened..but in the past i have managed to be ringfenced to a similar post..without interview.. but not this time. I am seriously thinking of a new career, but have no idea where to start.. or whether i could cope with studying again.

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/07/2010 16:47  

Ahhh, long storey Karey, already had the first stage of my pilot training booked (After hiding for several months in Aus', ref' the ex!), so I didn't really want a job (The training was in Florida.) but the jobcentre made me do it!
I was getting job offers on the 'phone. My qualifications/background are a touch rare though.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 05/07/2010 17:20  

Hey Kaz...so sorry to hear your news and i know how you are feeling cos you know I'm just a step or two ahead of you. But like others have said, don't take it personal although it will seem like rejection...just stay determined to hold on to your lovely bubbliness and zest for life cos that's what will sell you to another employer.

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 05/07/2010 17:29  

Kaz ... if your about on here PM sent hon ... keep yer chin up, you have come back from worse !!! Its not the end of something , its the start of a new adventure !!! I am sure you will get another job, your qualifications will get you the interview then your personality will do the rest ... & just think then you will be able to use the redundency money to pass your test & get a big bike

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/07/2010 19:17  

They aint giving us much time either.. 5 July - announcement to staff on a 1:1 basis........7th July 7 July - further meeting with HoD and HR..............5th July 9 July - expressions of interest in posts.................7th July 12 July 9am - deadline for applications 12/13/14th July - Interviews Same shit different college Kaz, I'm in the same boat,the bistards won't get us down girl.......... Big Big hugs babe xxxxx

Update Reply
petervalk @ 05/07/2010 19:58  

hi hun, i also no how you feel i was in same boat last yr only we got no notice just ten mins to get our things and leave, our company went bust and then we had to fight for our pay which we had to wait few months for.......keep on smiling at least you still got roof over your head and your health and in time a new job like i did ..

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 05/07/2010 21:11  

Kaz and Stella

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/07/2010 21:43  

Just been summonsed... my job is being deleted, along with a few others! I can apply for 2 jobs, neither of which is appealing.. or tek Voluntary Redundancy............................. After a brill weekend.. what a f***ing great start to the week!!! NEED A HUG !!!!!!!!! Aww Kaz that's bad, mega hugs for you from me

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/07/2010 23:06  

So sorry to hear your bad news, my job drives me up the wall but i suppose i should be grateful

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 05/07/2010 23:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email