MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Job Loss

Job Loss (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Job Loss (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Job Loss

Arrrrr
hi hun sorry to here the bad news big hugs from me to

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2010 23:26  

yes, I feel for you Kaz I was there not so long ago myself and it makes you realise how vulnerable you are and how much rests on your job! Keep the faith, stay positive and strong and just focus on getting another job and not losing your confidence. You will certainly see who your best friends and loved ones are..............keep them close you'll need their support in times of need! Best wishes, I hope things change for the better for you very soon xx

Update Reply
babyharley @ 05/07/2010 23:38  

Thanks everyone ... Pete... massive hugs to you mate!!! you really dont need this either do you? xxxx Have you got a job you can apply for? or you taking VR? Margaret did you take VR? how do you stand re: benefits? x Yamashirlz... thats crap eh? and here am i whingeing cos we've 'only' got a week! x Cheers Bill, Zorb, Anne and Kwak for the hugs x Babyharley.. thanks hun, hope your are sorted now x Does anyone know where I stand if i take VR and benefits? ive heard that i cant claim anything because I have made myself jobless, is that right? if so, how long before i CAN claim owt? What if i go for one of the jobs and dont get it .. ( not entirely sure i want it), I assume I would get a lesser amount as standard redundancy, and could claim benefits..is this right? Can i pay 12months off my mortgage, then not have to worry for the next year? I have tried looking on the gov.co.uk and the CAB websites, but not getting much joy. I've tried my union rep but shes not available til Thurs. We have to make some kind of decision by Friday...and I am starting to panic a bit now. Any help and advice would be much appreciated xxxxxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2010 15:02  

It's been annouced today that there's 850 to go where I work, fingers crossed for everyone facing job losses

Update Reply
giantdog @ 06/07/2010 15:11  

Bloody hell giantdog! big hugs for you too hun x jeeez..who took the GREAT outta Great Britain.... can we have it back please?

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2010 15:15  

Kaz lady the Citizens advice centre shud have all the rlevant info u need if not ur local social office, who have a new name now i for the life of me i cant mind what it is lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/07/2010 15:26  

Kaz the best people to ask are those in the know (DOH obviously Sandi!) folk at the social (there are so many things to take into consideration with each invdividual claim it's impossible to give a standard answer to your questions), give them a call or C.A.B and ask for an emergency appointment, or to speak to someone on the phone first before going into the office. I dunno about other branches of the C A B but Huddersfield it takes forever to get them to answer the phone, I should know I worked there (vol) lol so maybe a visit to the office. Be prepared to give 'em your life history, shoe size etc, for some weird reason they seem to want all your details before even interviewing you. 'tweren't like that in the old days Whatever happens I hope it works out how you want it to, good luck Kaz.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2010 15:29  

Cheers Jackie..ive tried the CAB website..but like Kwak says each case is different..so it looks like Im gonna havta speak to a 'real' person. The trouble is finding the time.. i dont really want to ring while im at work..theres 10 of us in here, not very private... and they job center and CAB are shut when i finish work. I will try ringin in my dinner hour tomorra .. thanks again xxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2010 15:34  

Take a sick day, the bad news is enough reason to feel ill.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2010 15:46  

have a look at www.redundancyexpert.co.uk seems to have some useful advice

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/07/2010 15:47  

lol @ kwak..ive just had 6mnths off.. dont think they will be peased! Ahhh thanks Jackie...gonna go look..

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2010 16:00  

With regard to any possible benefits kaz speak to an advisor at job centre. As each claim is different they should be able to tell you what you would be entitled to.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 06/07/2010 16:17  

Hi karey sorry to hear about job not looking good for me short time as off next week closed end of mouth if nothing picks up but look on possitive side fresh start hope somthing comes along soon BIG HUGS xx

Update Reply
peter27 @ 06/07/2010 18:22  

big hugs for my m8 xxxx

Update Reply
RC @ 06/07/2010 18:56  

Cheers Phil...the problem is the time scale..trying to get an appointment at the Job Centre.. when we have to give a decision on by Friday.. interviews Monday.. and final decison next Weds!! I have got an appointment to see a Union Rep on Thurs who is apparenlty well-clued up on this..so we'll see. Aww Peter...big hugs for you too hun xx....try and enjoy your week off ( go and have a dip in the waterfall.. me and a couple of the others can highly recommend it!! lol) and hopefully your job will be safe... Like you say tho.. I'm thinking more and more of a 'fresh start' .. hating my workplace more and more each day.,, Good Luck RC.. cheers Hunni (((HUGS))) bak atcha! hope everythings good for you hun xxxx Jackie.. ive had a look at that website.. some interesting stuff there.. seems if i tek VR i will still be entitled to JSA .. but depends on circumstances...so gonna go speak to someone face-to-face asap.. thanks hun xx hmmmmm theres allas re-train.. any ideas of which career path to tek? Ideally i wanna work with bikes!!!! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2010 19:12  

Rossi's understudy????

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 06/07/2010 19:45  

lol sounds good Anne.. just need to tek mi bike test!! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2010 19:50  

hugs for yer .............xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (((((((xxxx))))))))))))))

Update Reply
willow @ 06/07/2010 19:50  

Hello Kaz Sorry to hear your bad news, you must be gutted! Trying to make light of a crap subject, you could always join me in pensions, we're like vultures waiting to swoop. Eveyone else loses their job, we get overtime to pay them off. Mercinary but true! Try this link for some good info; http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLea.../index.htm And regards your questions, hope I can put your mind at rest until you get the real expert on Thursday: - Does anyone know where I stand if i take VR and benefits? ive heard that i cant claim anything because I have made myself jobless, is that right? if so, how long before i CAN claim owt? From the sounds of things you work in a college. For collective redundancy (from a decent employer) the term 'Voluntary' is normally followed on an individual basis in order to avoid selective compulsory redundancy, so you are deemed to have been forced out rather than making yourself jobless. What if i go for one of the jobs and dont get it .. ( not entirely sure i want it), I assume I would get a lesser amount as standard redundancy, and could claim benefits..is this right. Any job must be comparable (work pay conditions etc). Statutory redundancy depends on your age so I think I'm quoting what's right for you, being a whipper snapper and all. You only get 1 weeks pay for each year of service. Again I would assume you have a collective agreement so are getting more than that. With collective agreements you usually have deadlines when the bonus will probably go down, it would be very unfair if the bonus is set to go down based on the timescales you are put under re applying for ringfenced posts so I would doubt very much that it is the case with a college. Redundancy payments of any nature didn't used to affect benefits but this may have changed, I am a bit grey on this bit. You also used to have to be out of work for a time - which I think is something stupid like 3 days, before you qualify, but must claim straight away. Can i pay 12months off my mortgage, then not have to worry for the next year? It would depend on your mortgage agreement to have the 'right' to do this, but any financial company would snatch your hand off in case you do get into difficulty. Remember to check if you have any PPI for mortgage, loans, credit cards etc. Also, be aware hat you may be due to PILON looking at the short notice that you've been given - pay in lieu of notice - bit complicated but direct.gov explains it ish. No reassurance offered but at least you have some facts, chin up, and if you want any more info PM me and I'll ring you.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 06/07/2010 22:07  

There is a program in place to assist people who have been made redundant to get back into work. you are supposed to be told about it but most employers don't know about it. I will ask around for the name of it and post it up here

Update Reply
Phil @ 07/07/2010 00:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email