MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

South East ride outs 'Riders of Rohan'

South East ride outs 'Riders of Rohan' - Forums [Biker Match] South East ride outs 'Riders of Rohan' - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

South East ride outs 'Riders of Rohan'

As you may be aware I have just left Middle Earth country where Biker Match activities are quite plentyful.

I now live in Hemel Hempstead and Cataraptor and I would like to get this area of the map a bit more active. I therefore propose we give the Middle Earthers a ride for their money and us Riders of Rohan could easily be getting together more often.

Is anyone in this area up for a ride to maybe Box Hill on a weeknight rather soon? or even The Ace Cafe.

We do plan a longer trip soon too To Essex which could be a weekender.

Please respond to this thread as I want to see how much interest in this area there is before making actual plans

It has started. Empire of Darkness has begun for Middle Earthers. I figured that I'd start out with some skirmish ride outs!.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 28/04/2010 08:10  

hehehe Moonstone...... good wishes to you and the Raptor-man in your quest..... The Hobbits fromMiddle earth will always welcome any R.F.R should you venture this way..... overnight rest areas available too..... Mind out for the Yeti's though .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2010 09:37  

Think maybe a meeting of the Hobbits and Riders of Rohan should be in order to firm up our friendship of the ring lol A half way meeting point would be good so get your thinking cap on and we'll rally the troops :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/04/2010 10:12  

Just to give some ideas of what Moonstone and I have in mind:

Within reach of Hemel Hempstead and sometimes on the way to the Midlands, are some bikers' meeting places like Jacks Hill Café in Towcester, H's Café in Dorchester near Oxford where the Red Kites fly, Box Hill and Newlands Corner near Dorking and Epping Forest.

In Essex, there's the Cabin Dairy Tea Rooms in Burnham on Crouch, Finchingfield near Great Dunmow and the Mill Beach pub on the Goldhanger Road within walking distance of our caravan. This has live bands on Saturday nights, serves foods and is biker friendly with the landlady's partner riding a Speed Four. He also plays the bass guitar and sings with the bands.

So, if you're interested in any of this, please post and let us know. We'll then see about arranging something. Of course it's open to local BM members too like Jabecs and Sumo. We look forward to receiving your input.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 28/04/2010 17:36  

Good idea Moonstone.
I'm up for a few get togethers/ride outs (work permitting).
I'm a regular @ Box & Bury hill anyway, & H's is just up
the road from me.
Let me know of any plans,can't let the Hobbits have all
the fun!
Nick

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 28/04/2010 18:45  

Hi Nick
Thanks for your reply. Welcome to the site too I notice you are relatively new. I hope you are enjoying it as i do.

I will certainly let you know of any plans . Any more takers in the souffff??

Update Reply
moonstone @ 28/04/2010 19:18  

Bj a great idea would be good to meet at H's especially as he needs business to keep it going after its recent closure. We just dont want to lose it! we need to support it. A great venue and a nice road for both ends.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 28/04/2010 19:22  

Moon sort out a date and we will rally the Hobbits to join you , i was looking at that cafe earlier, how spooky is that !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/04/2010 19:47  

R.e, Think maybe a meeting of the Hobbits and Riders of Rohan should be in order to firm up our friendship of the ring lol Ha ha are you weakening against the yeti hoard, do you need your ring firming up.......mmmhhh sounds like a problem BJ PMSL maybe seek medical help Jackie lol Turns away and blends his camouflaged yeti ass into the background chuckling to himself and awaits next middle earther

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2010 21:05  

JTB

You obviously havent seen my ass or you would know the answer to that !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/04/2010 21:19  

I`ll be up for this.
I occasionally go to the Ace,or more frequently High Beech,Epping Forest.
I reckon a meet at Jacks Hill,Towcester would be a great rideout & about equal distance for us southerners & middle earthers.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 28/04/2010 22:03  

Us Hobbits are happy to wander southwards so bring it on Moon lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/04/2010 22:11  

Great Wraith thanks fir responding.

I will sort out a date and post it soon I guess it will have to be be in a couple of weeks as I have something on for the next two weekends. so Towcester or H's cafe me finx .

Will get back to you all soon xx

Update Reply
moonstone @ 29/04/2010 08:10  

As long as it doesnt clash with any rallies Moon Lady am sure the HObbits will attend (if theres food on offer its a definate for JP !!!)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/04/2010 09:28  

B.J. We were looking at the Sunday 23rd May but it's the night you go North.
Does anyone in the Riders of Rohan (Home Counties) South or anywhere else if you wish to join us? Fancy a ride out on the 23rd May and we will come to some arrangement to meet up with the Midlanders another time? I will submit something on the events page if i get enough response on here
Moon Aka Lin xx

Update Reply
moonstone @ 30/04/2010 07:40  

NO worries Moon am sure another date can be set :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/04/2010 09:44  

I've just recently re-located to Bristol but I'm up for a ride out anywhere although I've never really been a fan of box hill

Update Reply
pondlife @ 30/04/2010 12:09  

Pond who invited you anyway ????

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/04/2010 12:23  

Sorry Moon I can't make it on the 23rd. I'm heading to Le Mans
for that w/e. Have a good time & we'll meet up soon.

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 30/04/2010 14:12  

I only want to go to run you over Jackie

Update Reply
pondlife @ 01/05/2010 04:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email