MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

meet/camp weekend in Cornwall

meet/camp weekend in Cornwall - Forums [Biker Match] meet/camp weekend in Cornwall - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

meet/camp weekend in Cornwall

Do you need a break from it all? A good bike run away from the stress for a few days? How about a ‘Run to the Sun’.....interested? Its a bank holiday weekends get together in Cornwall..... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> ....it is the birth of an idea...it has to start somewhere....<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Cornwall has some breath taking scenery with great places to go and see, get your pic taken at Lands end with the white mileage sign...<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> ....we have found a campsite that is keen to welcome us, and has hosted large groups etc in the past <o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Ok you in yet?.....Read on .....So, we are looking at Friday 28th to Monday 31st of May which I believe is the bank holiday weekend. Hey if you want to arrive on the Thursday or leave on the Sunday its all good.....<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> The last 3 years that I have been in Cornwall, the bank holiday weekend has been a scorcher.......have you seen the beaches here......I know you wanna strut your Adonis physics down the beach...lol.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Right the location;<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> www.camping-cornwall.com<o:p></o:p> The Chy Carne Holiday Park<o:p></o:p> Kuggar, Ruan Minor, <o:p></o:p> Helston <o:p></o:p> TR12 7LX<o:p></o:p> 01326 290 200 or 01326 291 161<o:p> </o:p> They have a marquee on site us to use it and bring our own drinks <o:p></o:p> They often host groups and events<o:p></o:p> No problem with the size of group 15 -25 or more.<o:p></o:p> £6.50 per adult a night including tent. £3.25 p/night for electrical hook up.<o:p></o:p> Location near the Lizard and 20 miles from Lands end for a ride out. I work 8 miles up the road and have access to a garage on the base with tools for any running repairs if required. There’s also a bike shop in Helston if more expert help is required. I may even be able to get a van for recovery on the QT if it all goes Pete Tong. Be prepared dib dib dib... .......So if we can entice you to come,open the events page for the dates above, stick you name down and let me know so I can keep an idea of how many are coming etc...hope to see you there. John <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2010 18:59  

This years calendar is filling up quick. But if it doesn't clashes with anything, sounds interesting

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 19/02/2010 19:45  

I'm down there with my dad, son and Al first week in June. Bikes and tents, what more do you need?

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 19/02/2010 20:00  

I'm up for that mate, last time I went we did the north coast, it was brill apart from some very narrow roads in places!

Update Reply
trikerider552 @ 19/02/2010 20:12  

We will see what interest there is if we get enough people interested I'll look at venues etc and some provisional dates....try to keep this up there with a bump or two see what happens?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2010 23:54  

Sumo and I are meeting up with DC and family John so there's a few names

Update Reply
jabecs @ 20/02/2010 13:07  

brilliant, we are getting there.....hopefully the locals will start to show interest soon...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2010 13:13  

This local is definately interested, as long as it's after Easter as i'm a bit far away at the mo .

Update Reply
akceller8 @ 20/02/2010 13:44  

yup me too depending of course when it is.......works shifts so its always dicey............

Update Reply
bikerbird123 @ 20/02/2010 15:50  

ok so what about may 14, 15,16 the calender is free then and it should be warm enough?????? thoughts?????????? and then we can start on a venue lol....open to suggestions here?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2010 18:20  

End of may is better as we are down there anyway john

Update Reply
jabecs @ 20/02/2010 18:24  

Depending on dates I would be up for it

Update Reply
micksaway @ 20/02/2010 23:12  

Hi, definately up for a run to the sun, like most depends on dates, but count me in. acn

Update Reply
aircoolednuts @ 21/02/2010 09:28  

Me and Fallen Angel would be well up for this! just a squirt down the M5 from Bristol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/02/2010 09:50  

Pond you werent invited lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/02/2010 10:39  

I'll try make it date depending and be your furthest away biker to attend lol

Update Reply
madscots @ 21/02/2010 17:01  

Sounds as if we are on to something, ok so far we have proposed dates of.......thoughts everyone, please if another is better jump in. 1. last weekend of may 28th 29th 30th.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2010 17:26  

You could make it a long weekend Johnny...its bank holiday monday on the 31st

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 21/02/2010 17:36  

up yours jackie! lol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/02/2010 18:13  

its an idea any more idea's, bank holiday weekend is usally a good one in Cornwall. Lol if we are near a beach could try and get a surf board teaching lesson group discount ha ha make for a good picture ha ha....best get to the gym or I'll look like a seal in a wet suit..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2010 18:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email