MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett

Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett - Forums [Biker Match] Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett

If anyone is interested there is a bike run in support of Wooton Bassett on the 14th March 2010. Will find out the time it starts and where from and will update on here ASAP

Update Reply
jabecs @ 10/01/2010 20:01  

Count me in if it don't clash with owt else.

Update Reply
Phil @ 10/01/2010 20:14  

Will do .... i know its north ..... i think i went there for dinner even so should find it again lol

Update Reply
jabecs @ 10/01/2010 20:16  

my bro lives in Wootten Bassett,and he's an ex squaddie. he for one will want to do this,let me have the details please.

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 11/01/2010 11:02  

There's a FB page setup for this very reason. Just go to your FB page and type Wootton Bassett into the search box.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 11/01/2010 12:38  

Jabecs , I have sent you an invite over FB for it ... so you will know as soon as its up, I have also sent this to anyone else I have on my FB list, I am sure those who are not on will get it at some point

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/01/2010 15:49  

I'm sure I've seen something on FB about this and its gathering pace because of the Islam 4uk march thing, it has been cancelled I think.....and any further will be banned by Police or at least thats what the paper is saying?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2010 18:11  

Here are the details will post on Events also. Subject: Final details of the ride... MUST READ!!!Sunday 14th March 2010The ride will be starting at Leigh Delamere Service Station J17 (eastbound) of the M4. Please start arriving from 10:30am.Each rider will pay £5 and receive an Afghan Heroes wristband, which will be their entry pass to RAF Lyneham. The lead riders will be leaving at 12 noon promptly. The route will be along the M4 to J16 before heading along the A-Roads towards Wootton Bassett. We will be riding through at a slow speed before continuing along to RAF Lyneham. We are honored that they are opening their gates for us and refreshments will be available.All those attending RAF Lyneham will require to pre register giving Name, Address, DOB and Bike Registration. This is to enable security clearance to be carried out by the RAF. REGISTRATION CLOSES MONDAY 15TH FEBRUARY 2010. Anyone who does not register WILL NOT be allowed onto RAF Lyneham.Registration will be through a secure site, this will be posted out on Monday. We will be riding to RAF Lyneham where there will be a presentation to hand over the funds raised for the Afghan Heroes Charity, set up last September by a group of mothers who lost their sons in Afghanistan. Please contact me for more info / to register

Update Reply
jabecs @ 16/01/2010 11:58  

On Calendar http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=654

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/01/2010 09:38  

This is going to be a huge event - everyone I know who can be there has shown interest - I expect the numbers allowed in to the RAF base will be limited - just want to try and go to show some respect. Hope to see you all there

Update Reply
silversprint @ 17/01/2010 10:32  

There's over 1000 bikes already registered for this event. 3000 people on the facebook page. If you want to take part you need to register at afghanheroes.org.uk/bikersevent.asp Afghanheroes was the brain child of a woman who's son died in an explosion and was joined by other mothers to set up the charity. Which is why the event is on mothers day. Groups will be joining up at Leigh Delamere services on the M4 (Junction 17 - eastbound) before moving off to RAF Lynham from where the run will start.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 21/01/2010 02:06  

Just signed up. 2,800 bikes now.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 25/01/2010 19:58  

Hi Peeps you have to register for this one for security reasons so for more details me please PM me

Update Reply
jabecs @ 25/01/2010 20:47  

There are now just over 3500 bikes reistered for the event. Registration closes on monday 15th feb. you need to register even if your a pillion. .afghanheroes.org.uk/bikersevent.asp

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/01/2010 11:32  

Wonder if there's a limit to the number of bikes they'll let on to the base. It's gonna be chaos at the m-way services.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 27/01/2010 12:03  

i've been to lynham before when i was in the RAF. They a big car park but can always use the parade square as well as the car parks. fI you think this is a lot wait till run to the wall in october. they had to move the point from tamworth services cus there were too many bikes.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/01/2010 12:36  

I went to the Martin Jennings memorial motorcycle run 09 Truro to the A30 via back roads, the A30 past Redruth to Beacon for the speakersetc then Back roads to Falmouth for a beer (Soft drinks of course) and music then finished by 6 - 7 pm. 1300 bikes and it was crazy, bikes overheating breaking down, duty dickhead trying to spin out etc.....It was a good day but stuck in the pack with a sports tourer clutching all the time wasn't fun, either get to the front or sit it out at the back but hey at the back you will miss everything. For anyone that hasn't done anything like this before with an air cooled bike unless it is cold on the day be prepared to stop and let the bike cool of if needed. Also carry some water so if you do loose water from a radiator you have something to top up the bike with...and yourself it does get a tad warm in the pack...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2010 12:57  

Is anyone heading up the day before or on the friday make a little rally of it, plenty of campsites locally?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2010 12:58  

That sounds like a plan actually can you pm me some details jtb

Update Reply
jabecs @ 27/01/2010 22:51  

I'll check out a few camp sites online this weekend and see what there is to offer.....Anyone local there know of a good place ..with a bar of course ..for medicinal purposes of course...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2010 23:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email