MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

when car drivers make you mad!!!!!

when car drivers make you mad!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match] when car drivers make you mad!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

when car drivers make you mad!!!!!

Car drivers make me mad when they skid on the snow and smash into your bike, leaving it 3ft from where it woz parked, lying on its side, then just drive off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
drobess @ 05/01/2010 22:47  

Awe nooooooo not too badley damaged I hope!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 06/01/2010 00:59  

Sorry to hear about your incident Drobess i hope you can find who did it. I had a similar thing happen in a car park when this young guy backed up into me and my two mates.
Only one of the bikes was badly damaged but if we had not been sat on them i think it would have been worse.
But this guy was on the phone at the time so my mate who is a Traffic cop took the phone off him until Traffic Police got there.
He got a fine along with a bill for for the repair of the blade.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 06/01/2010 03:13  

Bad news.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 06/01/2010 07:56  

awww Tracey - I'm so sorry for ya!! - what's the damage? I don't suppose anybody (neighbours etc) saw anything??

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 06/01/2010 08:10  

thats dreadful.are you ok? problem is,that the ordinary car driver who as no experience of riding a motorcycle,pull out suddenly not even looking for a bike,and dont know how to re-act in a skid,etc........ I truly believe all car licence holders should be introduced to some form of biking examination at the theory test stage. if only to make drivers more aware of us bikers, Albiet I always wear bright clothing whilst out on my bike,making sure I can be seen.............

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 06/01/2010 10:17  

Ouch !!! Drobs Lady glad your OK sorry for your bike though

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/01/2010 10:18  

I wasnt even on me bike when it happened, it was parked, locked and covered up, there is damage im afraid, the back indicator and topbox are both smashed and the handlebars and risers are at least 3-4inches out of line with the front of the bike, also when I started it up and put it in2 1st gear it jumped straight out of gear so there maybe other damage that I cant see.
I have now reported it to the cops and my insurance so now need to get a quote for the damage to see if its worth claiming on me insurance or not.
And to make it worse on route to the cop shop I slipped over on the ice and have hurt me knee which is now swelling quite nicely

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/01/2010 17:11  

Sorry to hear about your bike Tracey, jumping out of gear could just be the linkage bent if it's fallen over so I wouldn't worry too much but I'd go to a main dealer for a quote then if you end up claiming from the insurance at least you'll know the repairs are done right

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 06/01/2010 19:36  

awww so sorry to hear about this Tracey and also about your knee too.........what a crap start to a New Year, big hugs and hope you and your knee and bike get sorted very soon xxx tc

Update Reply
babyharley @ 06/01/2010 19:46  

wish i could be down to help you sort it out trace flaiming dead heads if it was an accident then far enough but to drive off again is taking the ps take it easy and rest that knee wot gose around comes around i say

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/01/2010 20:07  

thanx every1 for you kind words, the year can only get betta

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/01/2010 20:09  

Frozen peas and amn ice lolly for u my girl lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/01/2010 22:43  

Ive had me icelollies BJ but me knee still hurts

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/01/2010 22:48  

what about a choc ice then .............. wee bit different may fool ur knee into feeling better

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/01/2010 22:52  

Thats really really bad Drobs To drive off adds insult to injury. Hope ur bike and knee get better soon.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2010 23:51  

thats really disgusting, I don't know how these people sleep, hope your knee feels better soon Tracey - Ice-cream supply on its way

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 07/01/2010 08:11  

Bike update.....................had me bike looked over today, not as bad as I 1st thought, thank god, The bars have been knocked out of line and are loose so thats fixable, the carrier is all bent but can also be straightened out, so just waiting on prices for this to be done and prices for new topbox, indicator, mirror and brake. So hopefully wont need to put it through my insurance after all. I just hope the person that hit the bike has more damage to their car and that it costs them lots to get it repaired!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and my knee still hurts but not as bad as yesterday

Update Reply
drobess @ 07/01/2010 16:30  

Just wondering if the culprit is a regular where it happened, and if anyone might have seen it from their home or work? This happened to my ex's bike a few years back and three neighbours came around with the number plate of the car that evening (public spirit still exists!). It turned out the driver always parked in the area, and was daft enough to continue. We saw the car parked only 200 yards away the following week and ultimately got recompense through him rather than our insurers.

Update Reply
KentishMan @ 07/01/2010 20:21  

my neighbours saw the car drive off and knew that it were a BMW but it were dark and didnt get the plate, so I aint got a chance of finding out who it was, but at least me neighbour had a look when they heard the bang

Update Reply
drobess @ 07/01/2010 21:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email