MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

The Scottish motorcycle Show

The Scottish motorcycle Show - Forums [Biker Match] The Scottish motorcycle Show - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

The Scottish motorcycle Show

Hi peeps, Hopefully this show will be on events soon. Its on March 20th & 21st 2010..........9am-5pm both days.. Ive attended this show for some years now and its an ideal show to start the year off with,,,,a lot bigger than the manchester show..(no offence to you peeps in manchester but the last one was worst for years and i got 3points attending it) ps..And some great biking roads up to edinburgh...... It is held at Ingliston which is next to Edinburgh Airport.. Could also be a chance to meet our scottish peeps who rarely venture into England, again no offence intended as it applys both ways....ie:- us going over the scottish borders for meets!! craig...................................................................................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 21:13  

oooooo over the Scottish borders - I just lurve Scotland & yep the ride up to Edinburgh is fantastic - especially if you take the A68 - fantastic road

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/12/2009 21:19  

This might be worth a punt Craig and a good idea to make a weekend of it. We're off to the London one in Feb - looking forward to having a proper sit on a VFR.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/12/2009 21:24  

The Manchester show is a little on the pants side. its only redeeming feature is that it is damm local to me.

Update Reply
Phil @ 08/12/2009 21:28  

Rachel,,, if there is a lot of interest nearer the event it may be a good idea for a wkend away,,,,,never met any scottish peeps!!!!! Would love to make the london show as never been but it wont be nxt yrs..............not sure on the VFR ????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 21:50  

Pp,,,,the manchester show was very disappointing,,,,it seems to get smaller each year..............wont be going again unless its combined with a meet.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 21:53  

Not the new VFR1200 Craig, think that might be a tad too big for me but I'm very taken with the 800.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/12/2009 22:02  

Just not a fan of the VFR......but bikes are like shoes,,,,,some people they fit perfect and look great and are a nightmare for others... Its whatever suits you and no one else Rachel (but also has to be fun for geoff) not that he would ever thrash a bike of yours !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 22:09  

Scotland ...................... fruit pudding ................ has my vote

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/12/2009 22:48  

haggis, neep, and tatties...........lush

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 22:50  

drooling now ................... cheers Craig lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/12/2009 22:51  

youre welcome

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 22:52  

Will be there as always... trouble is, weather is always a bit iffy that weekend for some reason. (Very high winds closed the Forth Bridge to motorbikes last year and the year before that was driving snow..) Look forward to meeting some of you guys and gals if you venture this way!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/12/2009 14:15  

TeeCee,,,,you are right about the winds this year,,,strongest ive been out in for a long time,,,,,but at least it kept the rain away...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2009 20:19  

Yeah looking forward to going to this. Hoping to nab a wee bargain or two. Be great to meet some of you folks from here too

Update Reply
jeanzqueen @ 16/12/2009 21:41  

This is now on events page..............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2009 23:35  

Cheers cw!! Added.... Was almost going to attempt to ride across the Forth Bridge until a gust off wind pushed my bike sideways by about 5 feet... diverted to Kincardine bridge and actually discovered some good biking roads i wouldn't have known were there. Shame that the freestyle guys couldn't do their thing on the ramps on Saturday... they tried Sunday but one of the guys got hurt and they cut their performance short.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 18/12/2009 13:46  

Hi all, just thought I would refresh this post as it is a show that is well worth a visit with some of the best roads for bike riding on route... Ive attended for a few years now and despite some dodgy weather ive still enjoyed the day and its a great event to kick start the season off.............................craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2010 19:04  

ps.....I think it was about £15 to get in last year on the gate???? free to park bikes,,,,,£3 to park cars (advance tickets this year are £12)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2010 19:34  

Dunno - I normally manage to blag some free tickets! On the Saturday I managed to park the bike right outside the entrance stiles too! Unfortunately when I left, I caught the crowds attention cos of my noisy pipes so they were all watching me when I sneekily nipped through a gap in the bushes and then banged my chassis on the kerb as I dropped down on to the road... doh!! Looking forward to it this year... Bring it on!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/01/2010 19:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email