MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Looking Back on 2009

Looking Back on 2009 - Forums [Biker Match] Looking Back on 2009 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Looking Back on 2009

As we are soon to see the end of 2009 I thought maybe we could all share our experiences while we've been a member of Biker Match. Biker Match has had 6 marriage announcements, in the three years that it has been on line, and one marriage has taken place. Congratulations to all those involved. Many of us have made new friends and had many laughs. We've shared our own and others tragedies and mishaps, offered advice and help. So that means we have plenty of memories to mull over (pardon the pun) Why not share yours, here, with us. I'd like to wish you all the very best for 2010 and beyond. (I know it's a bit early but I don't care lol) Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/11/2009 11:36  

Does anyone remember what they were doing in February when there was an earth tremor? I was asleep in my bed and got a rude awakening when my bed rose a few inches off the floor lol.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/11/2009 11:40  

2008 or 2009?

Think your fingers need more coffee to wake up hun

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/11/2009 11:50  

I've asked Matt if he can change the title date. I don't drink coffee, decaf' tea, but you're right I could do wi' more.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/11/2009 12:15  

i woke up dreaming that i had some can can girls dancing on my bed in the quake kwak mentioned wishfull thinking realy but what a why to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/11/2009 13:23  

2009 has been a varied year for me, ups & downs & ups again & downs again lol. But on the whole for me its been a good year, I joined here & have made some wonderful new friends. I got to build bridges with people that I never thought I would do & find that actually they are great. I have made the leap last week (gulp) to go for a career change something I have been saying I would do for a while. I have passed my CBT, theory & MOD1 (so far) & have purchaced 2 motorbikes. Most important to me is that Ian & I have worked through all that the year has thrown at us & come out of it with smiles on our faces & plans for the future & that the year has passed with us all still here at the end of it 2010 is going to be a big year of changes for me, but with the support I am getting from my family, Ians family, friends & of course my darling, I am quite looking froward to it.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/11/2009 14:12  

Its lovely to hear of all the romantic meetings and potential marriages on BM but spare a thought to the BM members with not so happy stories and broken hearts! To all those members who wish to meet the partner of their dreams and still havent, or to those of us that thought they did but found out after a long time that they were not the person they thought they were but someone else!............big hugs, stay positive, be yourself and remember.........its better to be single and a little lonely sometimes than be with the wrong person for the wrong reason..........."one life, one chance, enjoy the life you live"!! 2010 another year more people to meet, more places to go and more things to experience..........

Update Reply
babyharley @ 29/11/2009 18:21  

One or two folks have often mentioned their other half and how they are happy and how grand life is etc etc, then when it's all over their posts consist of 'don't rub it in about how happy you are cos I'm not happy anymore' That smacks of do as I say not as I do.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/11/2009 22:56  

for gods sake the year aint ended yet !!!! lets get to the new year first.....................OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2009 23:01  

I don't think the Gods will mind, everyone does it, besides according to those who believe it was Him who started it all off

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/11/2009 23:03  

2009 was the year i joined BM and found many a new friend had plenty of laughs and hoardes of memories

CHEERS TO YOU ALL XXXXXXXXXXXX

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/11/2009 23:34  

I'll second that Jackie, I bought a bike, loved the riding, joined BM and met loads of fantastic people and had a great time. I can't wait for 2010 so I can do even more

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 30/11/2009 23:41  

RK dont forget my xmas pressie before you say happy new year

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/11/2009 23:44  

2009 has been a bitter sweet year for me. Met new mates and lost forever some very, very loved mates But their memories are all soooooooooooooo very, very good, so will mourn the fact I will never see them again but rejoyce in the fact we had some bloody good times together and that's what counts me thinks

Update Reply
Di @ 01/12/2009 01:14  

I see things this way Di. A man is not dead while his name is still spoken. but then again you know me. Mad as a box of frogs.

Update Reply
Phil @ 01/12/2009 01:30  

or a bin of toads

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 01/12/2009 01:34  

Ahhhh, boxes of frogs, bins of toads. Woo hoo, feel a spell coming on

Update Reply
Di @ 01/12/2009 01:38  

2009 has seen me get a bigger bike, gain much more riding experience and through BM meet alot of new people............mad, bad, sad and genuinely brilliant (as in real life!) lol! The postings have made me laugh, cry and sigh in disbelief sometimes too........nothing so queer as folk as they say pmsl! But, the BM events and rideouts have been just great and I look forward to more next year and to meeting some even more special biking friends to share lots of laughs and fun with! Ty BM and to Matt and the mods, thank goodness you're always there in the background taking such good care of us all and the site in general! Long may it continue...................... heres to an even better year and better things to come for everyone

Update Reply
babyharley @ 01/12/2009 19:57  

foud bm 2009, got new bike, learnt that trusted friends arent always trustworthy, cherish the few special relationships we do have with people. Gona be another hard year 2010, but hopefully bm chatroom will keep me sane!

Update Reply
madasthecat @ 01/12/2009 20:04  

haha BM chatroom and sane not even in same dictionary...but i know what you mean !

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 01/12/2009 20:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email