MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Looking Back on 2009

Looking Back on 2009 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Looking Back on 2009 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Looking Back on 2009

huge life change, but getting on with life slowly but surely with the help of brilliant kids, family & friends big to them all

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 01/12/2009 20:08  

within the last eighteen months i've had both my hips resurfaced. the second of these in august this year. which means for the first time for about ten years i'm pain free riding my bike. Shame i was made redundant in august as well.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 01/12/2009 20:23  

In this last year i have been to some great meets through BM, I have met loads of new peeps and made many good freinds, who I hope will be in my life for many years to come. I have also been to my first raly this year which woz the hop and barley, and found out just how much I like going to rallies, and love the biking lifestyle. I say roll on 2010 when i hope to meet more of you fab peeps from bm and attend more bike events

Update Reply
drobess @ 01/12/2009 21:00  

So many things to look back on in 2009. I must admit that I look back at the huge learning curve that myself and a few friends had when we took on the organising of the first URE Welcome rally. The stress was incredible at times, but we forged a close friendship and learnt a lot of lessons on the way. Watching my two children turn into two level-headed and intelligent young adults, especially after losing their Mum only a few years back. Meeting more good mates here on BM. I know it sounds like a bit of a cliche, but it's true. Personally, I think the realisation that I have the balls to finally give work the 'bird' (after 10 years) and think seriously about doing something I enjoy for a change.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 01/12/2009 21:40  

Careful Blue...or u mite get arrested!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2009 18:27  

hmm - a bit of a crap year workwise/stresswise. I know that big companies don't "really" look after their staff - well they pay lip service to "looking after them" & then shaft em when their back's turned!! Anyway - am on the verge of making a very life changing decision & moving down to Bournmouth, but haven't actually made the 'Final' decision yet! Anyway - watch this space & we'll see what happens But yep - have to also 2nd everyone else's sentiments re BM - love the site, have met some fantastic people & been to some great meets/ride outs

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/12/2009 19:03  

Bournmouth? you ready for pipe and the big slipper H?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/12/2009 19:19  

lmao Blues - yeah - getting too old for the hills up here now

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/12/2009 19:44  

crap year. Infact I can safely say that was the sixth on the trot.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 02/12/2009 19:59  

GH then things can only get better for 2010 ................ think positive

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/12/2009 14:40  

"Its lovely to hear of all the romantic meetings and potential marriages on BM but spare a thought to the BM members with not so happy stories and broken hearts! To all those members who wish to meet the partner of their dreams and still havent" Here, here. I have been very lucky indeed this last year. I've met a wonderful woman (admittedly in 2008) and life just seems to go from good to even better. But I am also aware that there are many out there on this site who aren't so lucky. Indeed this is one reason Roachy and I don't go on about each other too much, we know that many, although being very happy for us, will at the same time feel quite depressed about their own lot. So for all those who haven't met someone this year or for those for whom life isn't a bed of roses right now, big hugs from me.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/12/2009 16:54  

2009 has had its up's and down's for me..1st spilting up with the girlfrend in march,had to leave my new tv..various rides out that went ok and some that didnt sending my new R1 up a field...went to the ilse of man in august and met someone newgot on great.... then fell off at mountain box and wrecked my holsso when i get back all is good with the new missis untill a month ago when she called it a day...looking forward to getting xmas out the way now as 2010 carnt be much worse....unless it goes tits up racing...........

Update Reply
davetheblade @ 03/12/2009 17:50  

awww I feel much better now after a hoppy hug!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 03/12/2009 18:13  

If you wake up each morning breathing its a good day anything else is a bonus

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/12/2009 22:52  

2009 started well two bikes to choose from, scratch or potter style,charity trip to Scotland, I.O.M. and general good old ride outs...

Then it went to crap in every department finally ending up with my girlfriend and top riding buddy (as in riding her bike for all the perverted minds out there) sacking me off......(everybody say awwww)

Then a glimmer of hope, a ray of sunshine,a bright shinning star.......NO
just a bunch of mad peeps at BM...... who have put a smile back on my face...thanks to you all

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 04/12/2009 00:24  

I reckon we should rename this club 'The Happy Sanctuary' lol I remember my first visit here, I couldn't tear myself away, I'd not laughed so much in a long time, and I had a pile of washing to be done, and at that time there were a lot less members and only about 4 or 5 who used the forum. Also at that time we only had one forum.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/12/2009 08:47  

Matts Madhouse can have that effect on folk

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/12/2009 09:32  

hehe hear hear! Id hate to think BM is a retreat for the not so lucky "victims" of life because good or bad, we all have our life experiences, good and bad times and are all different. However, what I do know is that there are some great ppl on here, who love bikes, to have a laugh and get together when possible so that's good enough for me. Important to have some fun and laughter in amongst the crap times too...................if you are lucky enough to find more when good for you and hope for the rest of us! All in all, BM is never short of fun, laughter, surprises so cheers for 2009 and lets hope we all get alot more in 2010!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 04/12/2009 09:53  

2009 was a great touring year for me,I toured the whole of Ireland,1300 miles in total in 9 days,some terrific riding,I can recommend Ireland,saw some great sights,some hard riding,tough roads,and plenty of wet riding.............. come on 2010

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 04/12/2009 10:06  

Spent a few days in Southern Ireland 3 years ago. Definately going back. Great roads, great people and the beer's not bad either

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 04/12/2009 10:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email