MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Help break a world record and charity at same time

Help break a world record and charity at same time - Forums [Biker Match] Help break a world record and charity at same time - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Help break a world record and charity at same time

A charity ride-out to the D-Day beaches could – with your help – break a world record on the way. The trip to Le Touquet in northern France is in aid of Aspire, which supports people with spinal injuries. The charity reckons if enough of us join in we’ll break the world record for the number of bikes on a train during the Eurotunnel crossing. OK, so it’s not like breaking the land speed record, but the cause is a lot better – Aspire say two motorcyclists every week suffer from spinal cord injuries. The ride-out is on June 6 and 7, 2010, starting at Folkstone. To find out more go to aspire.org.uk/bikers

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/11/2009 21:37  

I like the sound of this. I will post it up on another site I frequent if that is ok?

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 17/11/2009 23:53  

TJ please do any help is gratefully received :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/11/2009 10:21  

I'm a regular supporter of both Aspire and the SIA. Both organisations have been of great assistance to my Dad since his SCI.

Won't be able to participate in this, as I barely have 2 ha'pennies to rub together. Hope they are well supported though

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/11/2009 12:14  

Looks like a good run..Im VERY interested in this one..just got to persuade Mum to stay over and mind girls as they will still be at school..so going to ask her later...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 18/11/2009 15:13  

It is for a good cause folks if you cant attend then maybe a donation might be worth a thought

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/11/2009 22:08  

Have you posted it in the Events Jax ? Could be a good event for the summer next year

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/11/2009 14:00  

BJ..yeah get the event up on the calendar so names can be put down..thanks!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 20/11/2009 14:55  

Ok ladies will do , i shall send info this evening to get it onto events

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/11/2009 16:56  

Yay good one, & talking to Ian it looks like as we were looking at the poss of us both touring next year (as I should have done my MOD2 by then) we could combine this with the start of our holidays touring round & also the 6th is Mr P's birthday

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/11/2009 17:34  

Shell hope that wasnt a hint cos i shall make sure i forget 'his' birthday

Have sent request to be added to events calendar, but folks if you cant attend you can still donate via the website , cheers

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/11/2009 01:58  

Have requested this on events but nowt as yet :(

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/12/2009 23:55  

Email Matt ...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/12/2009 13:38  

im up for this one work permiting

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 15/12/2009 13:02  

Ally hup!! I thought this could do with a lift up the forum. Its now moved to the 12th/13th June tickets are up £55 for bike & £75 for trike, this includes tunnel travel & a donation to Aspire, or its £20 if you do not require the tunnel crossing as your going to make your own way over. The Tunnel tickets are to go across on the Sat morning & come home on the Sunday afternoon & you have to sort out your own place to stay. There will be (looking at the web site) rides out to the D Day landings in groups, Scenic Route (2 groups) Ladies route (2 Groups) Cruiser rouet (2 Groups) Sports Route (2 Groups) Trikes (1 group) Scooters (1 Group) and those that made thier own way (1 group), each group has a max number of 50 . Jackie ... did you send it off for events as its not up & if you did the date will need to be changed aspire.org.uk/bikers

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 16:30  

Ally hup!! I thought this could do with a lift up the forum. Its now moved to the 12th/13th June tickets are up £55 for bike & £75 for trike, this includes tunnel travel & a donation to Aspire, or its £20 if you do not require the tunnel crossing as your going to make your own way over. The Tunnel tickets are to go across on the Sat morning & come home on the Sunday afternoon & you have to sort out your own place to stay. There will be (looking at the web site) rides out to the D Day landings in groups, Scenic Route (2 groups) Ladies route (2 Groups) Cruiser rouet (2 Groups) Sports Route (2 Groups) Trikes (1 group) Scooters (1 Group) and those that made thier own way (1 group), each group has a max number of 50 . Jackie ... did you send it off for events as its not up & if you did the date will need to be changed aspire.org.uk/bikers

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 16:30  

I have sub mitted this for Events page just waiting patiently now ...........................

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/12/2009 00:44  

Nice one Jackie ... Ian & I are looking at using it as the start of our summer touring time ... don't know yet where too lol With luck the tunnel trains will not break down lmao

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/12/2009 13:06  

Shell Lady with amy luck you may be able to trade him in ..........

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/12/2009 13:49  

Not woth it Jackie ... would not get a lot, is cheaper just to do running repairs

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/12/2009 16:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email