MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

heated grips

heated grips (2) - Forums [Biker Match] heated grips (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

heated grips

Yes I was laughing at those last week Neal but I'll bet they're better than heated grips!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 08/11/2009 18:56  

This ST is the first bike I've had heated grips. Couldn't be without them now. Done close to 400 miles this weekend. No problem Got Oxford wraparounds on the scooter. Get so hot I have to switch them off half way to work, even in the depths of winter

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 08/11/2009 19:05  

Cheers RK, thinking of both at moment, heated grips and handlebar muffs, not sure if my hands would feel restricted with muffs tho??, but they could solve problem of heatloss from back of hand as blues mentioned earlier aswell.....so worth thinking about............craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 19:05  

wot about moto X hand sheilds keep the wind off ? with heated grips

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 08/11/2009 19:12  

Rob,,,,think the wraparounds might feel too bulky for me, (bit fussy thats why i like summergloves?)..... WN,,,,,hand shields could be funny to fit on pan!! grips+muffs i think, and the muffs are easily removed if i'm not keen on them, or if it warms up on journey(wishfull thinking)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 19:19  

Them wrap-around and the older hand guards to just keep the rain and wind off, are usually VERY hard to fit to anything other than a trailie! The wrap-around heated things will add bulk to your bikes grips, but, so do your winter gloves, so you can maybe stick with your summer ones (like my MX ones with very thin/sensitive fingers but armoured on the outside) and not feel like your trying to hold on to a coke can! And the Oxford grips arn't a patch the standard ones fitted to a ST1300, I've ridden many times over the A66 in winter getting blown around by rain and sleet and I've NEVER needed the grips on the 4th setting. The button on the fairing panel is glove freindly, and the LEDs are totally waterproof. But, at a guess I bet I know which will be the cheapest and easiest to fit!!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 08/11/2009 20:58  

Ohh, just remembered, have a look at the options list for a STX13. On there, there's some wind deflectors which go on the top edge of your mirror pods,.. they work. And if your very clever, try to find the ones that are on the american options sites for the ST, (the UK doesn't seem to recognise the part number), for the deflectors that go under the pods. I wrote it down somewhere and lost it!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 08/11/2009 21:03  

Paj, i'm sure someone posted about a honda service for £99 with 25%discount of branded parts, dont know if this is just service parts tho, but if youve had no trouble with the honda grips I will defo get a price on them, but as with extra's for my bike £notes has an influence in which ones i end up with... oxford for £45 ish??muffs £20ish honda £??? will pay up to £85ish, but dont think i'll get them for that....I'll post next week when ive contacted honda dealers..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 21:06  

Hi cw, they are the press button ones. Hold down the 'on' button until green light lights up (lowest setting) you can then press any heat setting. There is an 'off' button as well. Hope this helps

Update Reply
LINDAJ @ 09/11/2009 09:21  

Hey Craig, let me know how the hunt goes please, with luck I will have the time for my MOD2 before winter is out so will need them for Vinny. (Raynauds is no fun to have )

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/11/2009 17:59  

I have oxford ones on the CBR. Two settings, low and high. No battery drain because theres a LED fitted to remind idiots like me to turn them off. Came with a good loom that bolts to the battery.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 09/11/2009 19:33  

Hey Craig, I have the Honda ones fitted to my Pan. the nice thing about the pan grips are they link direct into the pan's 15A accessory circuit. down side is the price, your looking a £100+ If you do buy a third party set of grips the oxford ones are very good and you can wire then into the accessory circuit of the bike. If you want I can let you know which fuse to tap into.

Update Reply
Phil @ 10/11/2009 00:26  

Many thanks to all who have given advice and suggestions to me on this post............................. Mind now made up......... Honda far tooooooooo expensive.................. So I am going to settle for the oxfard heated grips but i am also going to try some of the oxford muffs as well.................. Also thinking of trying them funny looking gloves/mitts, the ones where you put 2fingers in together(no dirty comments please), I have been told your fingers keep warmer than conventional gloves?? So once again,,,,,many thanks to you all.................craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2009 18:33  

There's a breaker in Essex offering some used genuine Honda grips...up to £31 right now with 2 hours to go on eBay. Item 200399380794

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/11/2009 18:42  

Cheers Wills, item is for st1100, dont know if they would fit st1300, have sent buyer a message to try and find out....thanks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2009 18:57  

I have some Dr Bike heated grips on my Honda CBF600. J&S seem to be the only dealer selling them at £24.99 http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/dsShop.aspx?shopid=8 They were relatively easy to fit. The best bit about them is the price and that the temperature is variable - never needed to use them higher than half-way. As others say, the back of your hands still get cold so muffs, hand-guards or good gloves are still required for full effect. The bad bit is that I've just had to buy another set because the 1st gave up after 9 months. Couldn't return them because I'd lost the receipt. At the time they stopped working I was in torrential rain and they were switched on at the time so find a good (dryish) location when fitting.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2009 20:54  

cheers pumpkin, just when i thought i had made my mind up youve thrown in something thats half the price, so it looks like i will take a chance on them and give them a try.......thanx craig...........................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2009 21:01  

I've just got me Oxford wrap-arounds fitted onto the grab-rails of me ST11,.. (Thats going to make the sun come out in't it)!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 15/11/2009 21:21  

better still if you put waterproofs on then the sun bound to shine

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2009 21:23  

What ever grips you go for just remember to wire them into the accessory cct on the pan

Update Reply
Phil @ 15/11/2009 22:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email