MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

heated grips

heated grips (3) - Forums [Biker Match] heated grips (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

heated grips

i have never used them, as my hands dont get cold......but i can see the attraction if you do alot of winter riding

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2009 23:35  

now then............being the cold little morsal I am yet still wanting to ride as much as possible during the winter months..............ALL my extremities freeze up (no rude comments plz you lot!!) I thought about heated grips but getting them fitted would be a problem for me plus Ive heard all the horror stories about draining batteries, fogetting them etc etc and if it was going to happen to anyone it would to me lol! Had the idea of heated gloves thrown at me..........anyone know anything or had any experiences of these please? Your advice would be much appreciated here guys & gals of course lol!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 16/11/2009 16:18  

yeah...oven gloves !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 16:20  

......sensible and helpful comments only tho plz lmao!!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 16/11/2009 18:06  

Don't think we're supposed to put links on here ? Try exo2.co.uk Rechargeable power units for heated gloves, kidney belts, insoles, so no hard wiring to the bike.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/11/2009 23:28  

Anyone interested in heated grips, take a look at M & P's website. In their winter sale there are various makes of heated grips from £29.99.

Update Reply
timhall @ 25/11/2009 22:52  

Maplin have several "self heating" items on offer at the mo I'm going into town tomorrow to check them out!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 25/11/2009 23:29  

Just a note on heated grips...some bike ignition systems ie HISS are not suited to being spliced fitted and need to be fitted into the aux system via its own fuse line out, check dealer first.
Heated grips can be fitted direct to the battery but must have an in line fuse in case of a malfunction and unless you fit a live relay/or pick up for auto on/off through the engine run/stop you will have to remember to turn them off.
The voltage saver on Oxford products heated grips can flatten batteries and has done on 4 different model bikes that i am aware of, so if you start getting this problem after you have fitted them that is the first place to look.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 30/11/2009 17:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email